Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

by Consort Posted 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:53 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2014 at 2:56 AM by Consort

178 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 92 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 7:42 PM
I changed the default alien hair color to black instead of the stock green color, so they all get grey hair when they age to elder. Other than that, the aliens age like normal sims. Is there any way I can enable it for aliens?
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:02 AM
how do you see if the sim is graying like in the image showing thehow do you see if the sim is graying like in the image showing the cycles cycles
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigercat2007
p.s what wrinkle that have when they age

Quote: Originally posted by tristan1
how do you see if the sim is graying like in the image showing thehow do you see if the sim is graying like in the image showing the cycles cycles

So sorry, I can't the entire *parse error detected*

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:29 AM
Version 1.1 is up
I recommend updating.
The changes are listed at the very top of the mod description.

I had to re-code the core part of the mod, the actual thing where the Sims get their hair color changed. I usually test such routines for weeks rather than days but I think it works nicely.
Hope I didn't add any new bugs

Added XML tuning documentation.
I hope it's somehow understandable. If you have questions, shoot.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:51 AM
Awesome Idea! TY
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 3:53 AM
This is great! Before i had to do it manually but this is a really good idea. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 6:41 PM
It works great! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 6:44 PM
great! good job
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 3:57 AM
I am so excited to see this. Thank you!
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 1:42 AM
Now the only thing needed would be modlets for aging of appearence... then this would be an epic mod! But of course it's also already in a high-class modification on its own! Can't wait to see it evolve and how, if possible
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ÄppelPie
Now the only thing needed would be modlets for aging of appearence... then this would be an epic mod! But of course it's also already in a high-class modification on its own! Can't wait to see it evolve and how, if possible

Thanks!

I like modifying the physical appearance of Sims. It changes the way I perceive them. It changes who they are to me. It changes the way I play them. If you have played my Grow mod you probably got the idea.

I'm not a fan of "Sim psychology" in the form of needs and moodlets. They're nothing more than lights switching on and off. And hard to balance with the existing game and the 10 million different ways people play it.

If you (or anyone) have cool ideas to improve this mod or to change this mod,,, it's all open to debate

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 3:40 PM
i have this in my game since you released it and i just want to say, This is Awesome!!! I love the realism. You are great and thank you so very much for making my game more awesome to play!!
Scholar
#39 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 12:19 AM
Does your 'Age' mod also make the sims grow over time or should it be used together with 'Grow'? Sorry to be asking an obvious question, but I just wanted to be sure whether one or both is needed for the effect. Thank you
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Does your 'Age' mod also make the sims grow over time or should it be used together with 'Grow'? Sorry to be asking an obvious question, but I just wanted to be sure whether one or both is needed for the effect. Thank you

Age and Grow are standalone mods. They are completely separate and do not know that the other mod exists.
One mod does not require the other and each one does what it says.

The menus and the code are very similar in design, obviously

Scholar
#41 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Age and Grow are standalone mods. They are completely separate and do not know that the other mod exists.
One mod does not require the other and each one does what it says.

The menus and the code are very similar in design, obviously

Cool, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 4:29 AM
Consort you're forever in my favorite creators for making this mod !! I would have been happy with just the "young elder's walk" but this is genius ! Thanks :D

I have some questions: is there any option to "un-dye" the elder's hair or does it stay dyed for as long as the sim lives ?
Does the option to change hairstyle and hair color from the mirrors still exists when this mod is activated ?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 2:58 PM
The mod itself is working great. I just watched one of my fave sims slowly transition to the spry elder state. The changes were so subtle at first that I had to keep looking at him to be sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing..lol. Everything was running smoothly until his eldest son became a teen. The boy sprouted up with a fem hair, but not the typical EA glitch. He was sporting a fem accessory hair with a big shiny barrette on the side of his head. The sim's wife went into labor with their last child, lost her baby bump and changed clothes before going to the hospital to have the baby. Then the epic freak appeared.....the paper girl....without a face..

I'm all patched up running BG/LN/SN/WA/Sea/ITF with some of Twallan's mods, a boat load of sliders and a couple of other minor mods (including six pack). Any ideas?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
Consort you're forever in my favorite creators for making this mod !! I would have been happy with just the "young elder's walk" but this is genius ! Thanks :D

I have some questions: is there any option to "un-dye" the elder's hair or does it stay dyed for as long as the sim lives ?
Does the option to change hairstyle and hair color from the mirrors still exists when this mod is activated ?

The cheap and expensive dyes run out after 3 days for active Sims and 5 days for townies (values are XML tunable). To force-undye a Sim just turn the mod off and on for the Sim.
All options to change the hairstyle (mirror, stylist, CAS, Nraas Dresser) should work just fine. If you change an ageing Sims haircolor it will be overwritten the next time the mod updates the Sim. To make the color stick, turn off the mod for the Sim, change the haircolor, turn the mod back on.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1773
The mod itself is working great. I just watched one of my fave sims slowly transition to the spry elder state. The changes were so subtle at first that I had to keep looking at him to be sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing..lol. Everything was running smoothly until his eldest son became a teen. The boy sprouted up with a fem hair, but not the typical EA glitch. He was sporting a fem accessory hair with a big shiny barrette on the side of his head. The sim's wife went into labor with their last child, lost her baby bump and changed clothes before going to the hospital to have the baby. Then the epic freak appeared.....the paper girl....without a face..

I'm all patched up running BG/LN/SN/WA/Sea/ITF with some of Twallan's mods, a boat load of sliders and a couple of other minor mods (including six pack). Any ideas?

Hmm.
The Age mod only modifies adults and elders, so the only connection to your teen and baby could be inheritance. This is sort of unlikely but theoretically possible - I guess.

I have had male toddlers with female hair once in a while in my game, but this was definitely before I wrote this mod. I don't know what might be causing this.
I have not have deformed babies ever. Not quite sure whats going on there.

Can you make more babies and see if you can reproduce the problem? (no pun intended)
Make sure you run Age 1.1. It does an outfit validity check when modifying hair colors which should make it impossible to break a Sims outfit in any way.
If I come across deformed Sims (doesnt happen often) I usually just let them be. The game usually seems to fix them within 24 hours.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:45 AM
Can you make more babies and see if you can reproduce the problem? (no pun intended)
Make sure you run Age 1.1.

I'll keep an eye on my next adult stage prego and see what happens. The invisible paper girl face could be a graphical issue related to ITF (my newest ep) and my system. In all probability, the teen (and now adult) male with the fem hair may be a piece of glitched CC somewhere. Maybe something made BG compatible is what I'm thinking. I've seen male sims sporting full fem clothing in the past and horrid mutant toddlers due to previously glitchy CC. The prego thing can't be linked to anything else though. That's a new thing since installing the mod. As far as I know, I am running Age 1.1, but I'll have to look to be sure. I'll let you know when I know more... :D
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 7:52 AM

The cheap and expensive dyes run out after 3 days for active Sims and 5 days for townies (values are XML tunable). To force-undye a Sim just turn the mod off and on for the Sim.
All options to change the hairstyle (mirror, stylist, CAS, Nraas Dresser) should work just fine. If you change an ageing Sims haircolor it will be overwritten the next time the mod updates the Sim. To make the color stick, turn off the mod for the Sim, change the haircolor, turn the mod back on.

Okay thank you very much !
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 5:17 PM
Default Glitchy, Glitchy

Well, I have yet to reproduce the conditions that lead to my adult fem losing her baby bump and all, but I've recently discovered yet another bizarre glitch. The family's eldest son (hair issues aside) became a young adult and received his graduation message, no issues there. The glitch appeared just shortly before he headed to city hall. All of his friends save his romantic interest and one other clumped together into this single red square in his relationship panel. After his graduation, he became the only one in the entire household who's profile showed for everyone. Every sim in the house acquired "20 days until age up" as their age with no next stage listed. To top it all off, the (now primary) sim was unclickable. I could direct him to do whatever, but I could no longer click on his person to have him change clothes, use his phone...etc. His phone was also inactive. He could call his gf or the other guy in his panel, but no one else, no parties, no delivery, no repair guy. Delphy's Dashboard says I have no conflicts in my CC folders anywhere. I'm wandering if perhaps Age is conflicting with one of the other XML or core mods I have and is just possibly not being caught.

I really love the idea of this mod and would very much like to have it working properly in my game. I will run cleanup, uninstall the mod and see if things return to "normal" later on today.

XML Mods:
only important memories
No More Sparkly Vampires
unbreakable umbrella
woohooer scoring
higher move in chance
comfortable bunk beds
Shimrod's CascamZoomIn
Variety Attraction
Core Mods:
woohooer full
Story Progression most
saver
mover
MasterController full
regitser
overwatch
errortrap
career data unemployed / self employed / mobster / homemaker / assasination
2x weight/fitness
sixpack
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 6:10 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to try it out. Should really enhance the realism of the game.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 7:00 PM
This is really awesome!! Just wondering how this would work if I had aging turned off for a bit and then turned on later? Would that be fine? Thank you.

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Page 2 of 8