Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Magazine Rack **May 02 2005***MAJOR UPDATE: ANIMATIONS ***

by boblishman Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 11:44 PM - Updated 2nd May 2005 at 1:39 AM by boblishman

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th May 2005 at 4:40 AM
I love this object and have downloaded it into my game. One thing I noticed (and I didn't see mentioned in this thread, but if I missed it, I'm sorry) is that children cannot use it.

Now I didn't test alot, but using it in my house, mom and dad could read and study just fine. When Jr. was born, I had him study cooking from it as a child and as he went to reach for a magizine, he jumped back and the action was cancelled.

I deleted the object (just from this house) and replaced with a standard book case and the child was able to read and study normally.

One other thing that was strange though is that when Jr. was a toddler he was able to "ask to be read to" and did several times.

I can test it in other families for you if you'd like, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this?
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th May 2005 at 10:04 AM
vaughje: You may well be right about this.... I didn't remake the package with the animation....Numenor did... so I'm not exactly sure which animation/actions he included in the package.... sorrry!
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th May 2005 at 2:58 PM
Gah I posted under my sister's name..

Anyways don't be sorry, I love this objects and brought it back into the house. What's the harm of having this next to an easy chair and then another bookcase somewhere else?!

Your objects are awesome and big thanks to numenor for the animations.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me is all.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:24 AM
Oh Numenor....just what animation did you use? Since it works without EP I am baffled as to which animation this came from since they dont put back or grab reading material from thin air but only from the action of bending down and getting a magazine....hmmm.
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:36 PM
Man that would be PIMPED if he made the animations... I didn't think it was possible to though... hmmm is right!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:08 AM
this is cool ......WOW ...thanx alot
Instructor
#58 Old 17th May 2005 at 6:55 PM
wow this is great i like this
Test Subject
#59 Old 18th May 2005 at 2:32 PM
omg this is awsome wit hthe animations Thank you bob
Test Subject
#60 Old 21st May 2005 at 6:12 AM
[COLOR=Indigo]Your stuff is totally great. As I go through the Mod the Sims 2 pages, all the great stuff I want to download is always done by you!! Great job!![/COLOR] :bump:
Field Researcher
#61 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 9:45 AM
A magazine rack is one of those things I can't believe maxis left out. Thanks. Now I won't have to run around the house looking for scattered papers
Test Subject
#62 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 4:12 AM
all of your realistic things are making the game... well... more realistic

:gidea:
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 4:02 AM
wow. Looks great. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 11:44 AM
very nice is it possible to do one with cooking and stuff?
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 8:21 AM
Thank you very much for this. I really like how simple and clean it is. I shall say I cant wait to go play my game and have them do some reading. Thanks again.
Also thanks to Numenor for adding the animations.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 11:37 PM
Me and my sims thank you very much
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 2:10 AM
One word....Awesome objects, man!!

That was three words actually...your stuff just excites me so much, it messes with my brain!

(\__/) ...(\__/)...
(='.'=) .>(^.^)<.
(")_(") ...(')_(')...

Decided to help BOTH of them gain world domination
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 2:43 PM
I love this thankz
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 10:03 PM
this is what i was looking for is there a way to make him read magazines and get the interest boosts. or is this just like reading a book with magazine in the place.
Test Subject
#70 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 4:23 PM
Hey, thats really cool! I bet it would look good in a bathroom! lol. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 10:53 AM
Awesome!!! Thank you
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 12th May 2006 at 3:46 AM
Cool!!!
Field Researcher
#73 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 11:07 AM
Nice job!

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 6:16 AM
This is fantastic! Just what I needed. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#75 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 9:58 AM
I'm pleased I saw this it reminded me of the magazines the sims can buy to gain interest points. But they take up a lot of room. Is it possible to buy a rack like this with those magazines in, or one like those that sims can gain interest points, but it would be in a niffty little rack like this?

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Page 3 of 4