Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:49 AM
I recently started over, so my Wentworth-Blakes died in their sixth generation. That was fun.

Now, however, I'm left with Sierra Firefly. She's Insane, Ambitious, Workaholic, Lucky and a Hopeless Romantic. She mostly talks to herself and sleeps in her formal wear.

Still, she has managed to keep up a relationship with Richard Wentworth. She's a few days from adult and they'll likely marry soon after. Mostly she just ... works, talks to herself, and sleeps.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:13 AM
I just got the game, and I'm on my first family. Arcadia Zyst just gave birth to twin boys, Zenrokyu and Karzikhan, who also have an older sister named Aylum. Karzilian, Arcadia's husband, was just promoted to Stagehand in the music carrer. Arcadia hasn't been to work since her first day, since she's been on maternity leave. I paln on aging Aylum up to child when I get back into the game, and that's about it.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:02 AM
i just deleted my old game and started anew; it's quite a bit more fun to play, too.

evan (i simply cannot remember the name i gave him, so for story-telling purposes, this is his name) and his mother moved into the 'trailer' home. he made friends rather quickly with a rich neighbor boy named craig who lives with his goofball father and hotheaded mother. evan and craig went to craig's house one day after school. but when evan arrived home, he found his mother being taken away by the grim reaper after having had drowned in the pool i added to the yard.

craig, being a lovely friend, comes over to comfort evan, and spends the night. craig seems to be virtually the only source of joy in evan's life, as he now has to go to school from 9-2, work at the bookstore from 4-7, and cannot possibly do his homework, sleep, eat, and maintain the home on his own with the time allotted to him. so his grades are slipping because he spends all of his energy on work trying to get promotions so that he can afford sinks and showers that don't break every day (he really has no time to fix them,and no money to hire someone). even so, he often rolls the want to donate money to charity.

despite all of these problems, craig has been spending more time at evan's lately, and they've inevitably grown much closer. i left off with evan's birthday having just taken place (he is now an adult), and he just quit his lousy part-time job at the bookstore for the medical career track.

i'm about to return to my darling sim boys, and i'm thinking i'll have evan and craig move out into their own new home if money allows, and we'll see where life takes them from there. i love these guys. craig is flirty, family-oriented, and ambitious (among other things i can't recall), and evan is good, an angler, frugal, and a hopeless romantic.

i'd initially planned to not purchase any lifetime rewards, but after evan was constantly 'strained' at best, i just had to give the kid a break, and i got him the 'discount diner' award, so he can have all of his meals free. when he gets a minute in and he isn't catching up on sleep, doing homework, fixing things, or let's be honest - sulking - i send him fishing. between fishing and craig, his moods have been much better. i've been seeing him 'elated' a few times in the past few 'days', which is exciting. i feel so bad for this kid, but i think the whole situation will make him stronger. (((:
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:47 AM
I've just re installed (I think I deleted something I shouldn't have and my Riverview went a bit weird) and I'm just starting a legacy family - my first ever!

My founder member is called Dave Herbies and he's a bit of an old hippie. He would be a vegan if he could, he's very 'good' and loves family. Dave has just become a mature adult. He's recently married Elena, a really fat townie in a wedding party at home which ended in a huge fire when Dave tried to cook some cookies. Dave and Elena are very much in love and would never dream of cheating on each other or anything interesting like that!

Dave and Elena are currently expecting their first baby. Things are going to be tight because they don't have a lot of money, but they do have a kitchen and bathroom now which is more than they had last week.

I'm really enjoying playing Dave actually.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:46 AM
This all happened in the past two RL days.

Due to a glitch, Shirley Wang got demoted from a Neurosurgeon to Bed Pan Cleaner (!!), and her niece got an F in school even though she had an A before. Shirley's husband Daniel had gotten fired from his job; I eventually gave the two of them their old job positions back.

Elizabeth Simovitch got promoted to Hit Movie Composer; she's my first ever Sim to have reached the top of any career. She's made 29 friends, mostly from all those times she's played guitar for tips. Now if only she and Bob Newbie would roll that wish to get married...I want to adhere to canon and marry Skip Broke to Brandi Newbie, but he is already a young adult, and his future wife hasn't even been born yet . Maybe I should just scrap the whole idea.

Everything interesting seems to be going on in the Bistro: Betty Simovitch getting enthusiastic audiences for her guitar performances; an evil Sim stealing candy from a toddler in front of her older brother; a woman flirting with a man who isn't her husband, resulting in disapproving glares from other Sims; and another toddler soiling herself and screaming for about an hour until her sister finally changed her diaper.

My self-Sim's family had moved to the most expensive pre-made house in the houses bin. I plan on having them adopt a baby instead of having another biological child, because my self-Sim really needs more workdays to reach her LTW ASAP. She's been through three pregnancies already, and it's taken a toll on her career. Besides, George Dean's cheekbones look hideous on his female children; only one of his kids with self-Sim has gotten them so far, thank goodness. I like the Sim, but his cheekbones...ugh.
Inventor
#81 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:25 AM
I've got 5 neighborhoods now. I'm currently playing in Potterland, a Harry Potter neighborhood. If you're into Harry Potter you'll be familiar with these families.

Harry is living with the Dursleys. He just met Ginny Weasley and I'm hoping to get them together and married by the time they become young adults. His cousin Dudley has no partner at the time but I'm thinking I should probably put together a muggle girl for him to marry. I'm trying to get Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger and Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour together. Percy Weasley is going steady with Penelope Clearwater, they might get married soon.

I have Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall, and Severus Snape living at a Hogwarts lot. Snape and McGonagall are slowly falling for each other. Dumbledore kind of has a thing for Rubeus Hagrid!
I've also got Voldemort, Bellatrix Lestrange, Peter Pettigrew, and Barty Crouch Jr. living in a mansion. I made them all criminals. I haven't really decided what they are going to do with their lives, but I'm thinking about having Bellatrix have a baby with Voldemort

I have the Malfoys, but I haven't played them yet. I know I'm going to make Draco marry Pansy Parkinson though.
Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks are in my game too, but I haven't done much with them. I'll make sure they have Teddy Lupin though.
Sirius Black, Neville Longbottom, Cho Chang and Luna Lovegood are in my game but I haven't played them yet. I might just make them filler.

Anime Valley (anime themed), Mushroom Kingdom (video game themed), Cashhold Valley (family and friends), and Gotham City (Batman themed) are my other neighborhoods.

I haven't touched Mushroom Kingdom or Cashhold Valley in ages so I couldn't tell you what's going on there, but in Anime Valley I've been playing as the Fruits Basket characters and Yuki Sohma just confessed his love to Tohru Honda, even had his first kiss with her, and Kyo Sohma, her other love interest, is about to confess as well.

In Gotham City, Bruce Wayne (Batman) and Selina Kyle (Catwoman) are going steady I think, and Harvey Dent went from a good politician to the evil criminal Two-Face (I changed his looks and personality). His love interest is Scarlett White (Beewoman). If I remember correctly Robin is going steady with Batgirl and the Joker is going steady with Harley Quinn.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:49 PM Last edited by venusdemilosimmer : 1st Jul 2009 at 4:43 PM.
Some things don't change. Nathan, my Gen 2 bad boy, is STILL being bad.

After 3 kids with 3 different women, he rolled the want today to kiss... River McIrish, who is ELDER. This after River called him on his cellphone while he was visting one of his 3 babymamas.

Keep in mind Nathan is YA and only became YA about 5 simdays ago. He has proven that he likes his women OLDER and in some cases MUCH older.

The only saving grace here is that since she's elder, River can't get pregnant.

Nathan, Nathan, Nathan... what am I gonna do with you?
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:49 PM
Venus: LOL about Nathan. He sounds like trouble.

My legacy founder just had twin boys. Her triplet boys are now toddlers. She has to get pregnant again because I need a girl, but I think I'm going to wait until the babies are almost children. My founder and her hubby keep looking at me with the "I'm going insane" look and rolling the want to hire a babysitter.
Inventor
#84 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 3:28 AM
Percy just got engaged to Penelope.
Ron Weasley woohoo'd with Hermione Granger (using the Teen Woohoo hack) and I'm pretty sure she's pregnant. I'm trying to get them to have a girl.
Harry and Ginny are friends and slowly getting into their relationship.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:14 AM
Nathan's older half-sister, Maggie, has decided she wants her piece of the pie too. A highly successful author -- and wallflower, Maggie has lived alone most of her adult life. But I went into her house and found that story progression has matched her up with Michael Bachelor (yes, that one, even though they seem to be polar opposites) and I thought I heard chimes but I'm not sure. She's 2 days to ELDER!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:27 PM
Well, I've gone a long way since my last update.

Serenity and Buck are now Elders, Dustin is now a Young Adult

Dustin had a good child age, his lifetime want turned out to be Illustrious Author (Master Art and Writing Skill) so he spent most of his child age (when not doing homework and school) writing and painting. At teen, he met new friends at school. One was Trisha Wilson, and he decided she was the one. After a while, it came true and she became his girlfriend. He got a job in the bookstore part time, while still working on his writing, art and a new garden all to himself.

Also, when Dustin got to teen, his parents decided it was time to move. They had a lot of money to do it, so they bought the most expensive empty lot and built their own huge house.

Now Dustin is a Young Adult, having sucessfully gotten Trisha to accept his proposal,
and she moved in with the family as well. They are about to have their wedding. Dustin is in the medical career, Trisha is in the Law Enforcement wanting to do forensics.

With the move, Serenity and Buck grew a new garden full of rare, uncommon and special mystery seeds. Its flourishing. Serenity worked for a while until she retired after turning Elder. Buck is still performing concerts, though his last performance before he retires will be at Dustin's wedding for the family. Now Serenity and Buck are just relaxing in their home, watching their family grow and living the rest of their life out together.
Inventor
#87 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:43 PM
Here's what's new in Potterland....

Percy Weasley is now married to Penelope Clearwater.
Hermione Granger had twins, both were girls but I sex-changed one to fit the Harry Potter plot. Their names are Rose and Hugo. Both are toddlers now. Hermione married Ron Weasley, who is now a young adult.
Fred Weasley passed away in a fire.
Albus Dumbledore moved in with Rubeus Hagrid. They are going steady.
Nymphadora Tonks married Remus Lupin. She is pregnant.
Harry and Ginny are good friends. They still haven't confessed their love for one another.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
Here's what's new in Potterland....

Percy Weasley is now married to Penelope Clearwater.
Hermione Granger had twins, both were girls but I sex-changed one to fit the Harry Potter plot. Their names are Rose and Hugo. Both are toddlers now. Hermione married Ron Weasley, who is now a young adult.
Fred Weasley passed away in a fire.
Albus Dumbledore moved in with Rubeus Hagrid. They are going steady.
Nymphadora Tonks married Remus Lupin. She is pregnant.
Harry and Ginny are good friends. They still haven't confessed their love for one another.

How did you give a sim a sex change?
Inventor
#89 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venusdemilosimmer
How did you give a sim a sex change?

All I had to do was make the baby my active sim, use the editsim cheat, and turn her into a male. I think you need Awesome Mod.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:05 AM
My legacy founder had twin sons. Rolling randomly for traits they became:

Son 1: evil genuis
Son 2: insane artist

That can't be good for the family, but should entertain me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#91 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:47 PM
It took over two weeks, of showering at the gym, eating on the toilet (her bench got stolen by a robber), getting all her fun from the library and having her only warm meals when visiting her sister or parents, before Joey got a promotion and her own shower. She now has all the essentials in her home, except for a stove. Joey's housing location was excellent, as her boss was her neighbor. It was all the chatting they did between foosball matches that made them friends. Work is still hard for Joey, as she works hard every day which means no fun, stress and strained moodlets and bad moodlets from being in a crowed. Actually the previous week Joey got no warm meals on the weekend. She went to visit her sister on a saturday, then took a bath at their home as she still didn't have her own shower at this point. Then she was suppose to make waffles. It took five hours for her to make the dow, as her sister and Vlad kept woohooing all the time, and would shoo her out of the room. Hungry, Joey left and went to eat some canned soup at her own place. Trying to get Joey a promotion had been really hard. She got the want to write a fiction novel, so after work she would go to the library, first she would browse the web to get her fun up, then write her novel, until she was too sleepy to continue. The poor girl was really stressed as you get no fun from writing, so I was really happy when she was done with her book. Fortunately or unfortunately, she was then asked to write the autobiography of Bob Hurst, so the stressed continued. But it was thanks to those books that she got a shower and other furniture, so it's not all bad.

Hurst: When I went to play Eliza and her family, I discovered that Eliza had a job in law enforcement. Her partner is her son's fiance. I know this is some borky feature of story progression (or some balancing thing so people can have co-workers), but I decided that if she wants a job, let her have one, but I'm not going to help her get a promotion, I was happy with her being a traffic police. So far she's gotten four promotions, and the only help she got from me was questioning people and writing reports about them because I wanted to try the new interaction. Kind of unfair considering it took me over two weeks to get Joey a promotion, and I was really trying. The next morning I got a little wtf moment when I saw Bob running to a carpool, it seems he had a job in sience. I let him do that one day there, but then got him a part time job in the bookstore, he's a bookworm, it suited him better. Eliza has been repairing her relationship with her son, and in the process has gotten to know her future daughter in law as well. She's also gotten realy good friends with the fat Shelby kid, (he just became an elder, and has also gotten a job in science even thou he used to be unemployed). Anna is now a teen, and has a good relationship with her brother Vlad. But her best friend, is Arturo, her secret half brother. Anna is adorable. She has inherited her mother's looks, but she's only half as ugly than her mom. Both Anna and her mom have nemesis. Eliza got her's when she questioned this old dude, and he blew up on her becuase he's evil. And Anna got hers because one of her traits is hot headed, she got one bad interaction with some random old person, then I decided to make her argue with him, and then she was ready to make him her nemesis. Bob is now a day shy of 100, while Eliza is 6 days from elder-hood as well as accidentally pregnant with her third accident.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 9:03 PM
Malcolm Landgraab married Holly Alto recently, and my sim Siaran made friends with Holly. I went to visit them and they had three babies! A bit hectic, especially as she's pregnant with another.

On the home front, Siaran's husband Stiles McGraw became an elder a few days ago. The same day as their daughter Sierra became a teenager. Siaran is an artist who painted her first masterpiece recently! Things are going well for Sierra, who is currently going steady with Elbert Wolff. (Off-topic: I really want to force the sims to have normal names. )
Test Subject
#93 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 9:21 PM
My hot Used-To-Be-But-Still-Acts-Like-One werewolf, Bane, and his Used-To-Be-A-Vampire buddy, Vladimir, and their Warlock homie (I forgot his name omg!) went on a trip to Twiikii Island.
Now, The Warlock is engaged to a witch (who's name escapes me also) and he's a "nice guy" so of course he only went with his buddies to soak in some sun. So Vlad hooked up with some chicks while his girlfriend Winifred (a witch with two sisters whose names are Sarah and Mary, guess where I got that from!) sat at home with no idea! And BANE GOT MARRIED THERE. lmfao, it was a riot, he turned his wife into a werewolf also.
Then they slept together the next night and the NEXT night, he broke up with her. And while there, they had a date and Vlad had one also, so when they got home, the two chicks came and brought the usual bouquet of flowers.
So for a few days after that I was trying to get in touch with the girl Bane broke up with, whose name is Daisy (Daisy Le'Strange after the marriage) and she of course doesn't have a phone because little did I know, she was in the family bin.

So I move her into her own place and have her adopt a girl and while shopping one day, she meets Bane and they start talking again (Did I mention she got plastic surgery so she's looking extra hot?) After that day, she starts looking a little queasy and then I realized, SHE'S PREGNANT. I was like: Oh crap I forgot they did that...
Then she grows and one night, Bane comes a-knocking at her door wanting to fall in love with her. So I let him.

Long story short and I know it's probably too late for that, they're engaged with a beautiful sone with wild hair and bright yellow Ville Valo eyes like his dad.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 9:43 PM
Jesterly sweethart, are you in the wrong thread?
Instructor
#95 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:14 AM
Lindsey & Michael Bachelor now have twin girls (what a surprise, no fertility treatment used) Naomi is Friendly, Virtuoso, Artistic. Nichole is Genius, Athletic, Kleptomaniac. I image the twins teen years will be interesting to say the least Lindsey has achieved all but the Joke goal with charisma, so friend making is a breeze. Michael is now A Starter in the Pro sports career track.
Test Subject
#96 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:08 AM
Im struggling to cope with triplet girls at the moment in my game - so i changed the active household and I am playing a different family until the babies age up :o
Field Researcher
#97 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:16 AM
I decided I felt like really playing Riverview, finally, after starting new games there but never doing much with them. I didn't feel like playing one of the pre-mades (though the Shallows looked fun) so I went to click on create-a-sim when I got an idea. I decided to play my very first family again the way they were when I first made them.

It's been an interesting experience. Theresa and Charles still autonomously attempt to destroy their marriage by Theresa being her evil self and mocking Charles for being good, while he accuses her of being evil. They are opposites in a lot of regards, but I don't want their life together to end in them actively disliking each other again.

Their oldest son James has been very different this time around. I changed him from Computer Whiz to handy this time, because he never used to use his computer anyway, but yet handiness was his first maxed skill. He is constantly rolling "be mean to" wishes which I've been letting him fulfill. He started staying out past curfew constantly, and getting busted just as often. His mother tried to lecture him and they went from friends to enemies in a short amount of time. He's got two friends, Laurel Grisby (?) and MaryKay Shallow, who is now his girlfriend. I decided to just go ahead and change his "Handy" trait to "Hot-Headed" to be consistent. Oddly enough, while fighting with his mother, giving her lip and being a criminal and accusing her of being evil, he decided he wanted to be the Emperor of Evil. Little hypocrite. He's being unbelievably fun and about 20x less sympathedic than he was the first time, where he was pretty much the man of the house and completely adorable.

His younger siblings are all rather dull at the moment. His sister Claire isn't nearly as fun or amusing as the first go, though I think she's in need of different traits than the ones that got picked this time.
Test Subject
#98 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:08 PM
well i was doing a wee test with my game, ageing and story progression on, well my sim carlos has been a randy wee bugger, he's got 4 girlfriends who so far have given birth to three baby boys and one baby girl, the lin's who stay next door are just about to give birth any day now, i then added the paris hilton sim from here, gave her a big house and now she's my latest conquest.

ps

i must mention, my sim was behaving inappropriately at the lin's house the other day, messing about with the computer, roxi? who by this time is seriously pissed off with me because she caught me in bed with her sister but back onto what i was saying.......we had a big massive argument which ended up with me wetting myself. and being shown the door.

Field Researcher
#99 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:53 AM
My self-Sim in Riverview just had her second set of twins in a row. Whoever said that the Fertility Treatment's not a joke wasn't joking; only one of them had it (her husband), but they still had two multiple births in a row.

[Insert diety here] help me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#100 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:54 PM
Eliza's pregnancy went well, and the Hurst got a boy named Gordon.

Anna has been hanging around a lot at her neighbor's house. He's an adult chubby but yet athletic guy who she wants to befriend, she also hangs out alot with her half brother Arturo. Anna got a challenge to get herself a part time job after school, she checked the available jobs, and took one in the cemetery. She also decided to turn Gothic so it would suit her new job. She doesn't have a ltw yet, I'll wait till she turns into an adult (4 days) and then throw a dice. Gordon is now a toddler, and Eliza a day from elderly as well as pregnant again because the very elderly Bob (103) wanted to have another baby.
Page 4 of 161