Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Imperfection-Part One

by SleepyTabby Posted 19th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM - Updated 11th Jul 2016 at 11:23 PM by SleepyTabby : personal pick

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:54 PM
Thank you
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:35 AM
Thanks for the comments, SuperSimaholic and freakystyley85.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 7:40 AM
how do you download
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 7:23 PM
@Mikalamouse1407, you can download by clicking on the tab above the main text that says "File", then click on the files you want to download. You'll need a program like WinRAR or 7zip to extract the files once you've downloaded them. For more detailed instructions, you can check out the link at the bottom of "File" or look at the "Install Instructions" tab.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:51 PM
so amazinggg thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 3:35 PM
If I combine defaults with non-defaults will they still be properly geneticized?
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 11:07 PM
Sorry for the delayed response, @NikNak513.

You can use the non-default skintones with or without the defaults. All of the non-default skintones will work well as in-between shades if you use my default set.

Hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to PM me or leave another comment.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 5:16 PM
That's alright @SleepyTabby , no worries.

Cool. So if two sims with different skintones have a child, the child will have one of the skintones that are in-between?
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 6:35 PM
That's right, @NikNak513. The child can have any of the skin tones within its parents' genetic range. I.e., if Lobster and Pinecone had kids, those kids could have any of the skins from this set. Likewise, if a Sim with S1 skin has a kid with a Sim with S2 skin, that kid may have S1, Peachy or S2 as their skin tone.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:42 PM
@SleepyTabby

Awesome! These skins are great by the way. I prefer semi-realistic over full-on realistic skins, so this is perfect. Thank you! And thanks for answering my questions.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 4:21 PM
Wait, so how does this work? I don't understand the default packages. What's 1, 2, 3, and 4 supposed to be? And do I put all of them in? Are only 4 colors able to be defaults? I'M SO CONFUSED.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 9:22 PM
i've been looking for better skin colors for sims 2 and this is exactly it. thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:43 AM
This is such a cool skin mod! love it!
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 4:35 PM Last edited by SleepyTabby : 9th Nov 2014 at 8:38 PM. Reason: stupid spell check
Awws, thanks for all the compliments.

@Annything, the folder labeled Defaults has all the files you can use as your default skins. There will be four files in that folder, one to replace each default made by Maxis. You can use all four packages, if you want to, or you can just use the ones you like. Does that help clarify it at all?
Sorry if it doesn't. Please feel free to ask any other questions; hopefully, I won't have a needy kitty walking all over me the next time I try to help!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:31 PM
So. . . This happened.

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1415747351

I still love this though. It's just the males have that line. I don't know how I got it to go away for my Sim's boo who I have control of but he had the pinecone skin (or whatever the default replacement for the darkest skin was) and it wasn't that noticeable. But for this guy. . . lololol. When I saw it I just

I haven't encountered any female who has that problem. It's only on the males. Just thought you should know.
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 4:01 PM Last edited by SleepyTabby : 12th Nov 2014 at 6:52 PM.
Yeah, that seems to be a weird bug with default replacements, @Annything. One time after I installed a set of default replacements from another creator, all of my Sims had that skin discoloration. That was a pain to fix!

However, you can easily fix it by having the Sim Change Appearance in the mirror. That will refresh their appearance and they'll have the correct face. (It also works if you change their appearance with mods like the Sim Blender.)

EDIT: Added a note about it in the main text. Your post made me think how it might be good to add that, so thank you!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:17 AM Last edited by Annything : 15th Nov 2014 at 5:31 PM.
I'm here to show everyone the hawtness that this skin is in case my funny picture turned some people off. First off, don't immediately take it out after it lags when you first put it in. It's default replacing (if you chose this which is cool) every Sim's skin and it takes time to process. It did worry me at first because of how good my computer is and this does happen on several lots until every Sim is made fabulous. The reason I didn't get upset that it was lagging was just because I was tired and just looking around at my Sims in a half-lidded state of sleepiness. It takes patience and perseverance (or just being tired and letting it change everyone) but I think it's worth it.

Your Sim will be crazily different when they load up but who can complain with THIS EXAMPLE!:

She is Lucy, she is pinecone, she is also an adult, she also is fit, and she is default replacement S4. She also has SleepyTabby's eye collection for her eyes. In case you want a booty shot I took one:

This is also her boo and they are actually on their honeymoon at Twikkii Island and I may or may not have stolen him from there as a vacation townie.

He is Jim, he is also Pinecone, he's also an adult who is fit and has default replacement S4 which is Pinecone, and the same eyes as Lucy. It's not incest because he has orange hair. I swear.

Although he is a natural stud :lovestruc

BUT! For every Sim you care about their looks (playable Sims, certain townies) you can easily change their appearance by cheats or simply kidnapping them and getting them in a makeup chair which will resolve the problem that females don't have. I know lots of us Simmers like playing girls so you can be sure that your girls WON'T have this problem with the lines between face and body on the neck.

But you must be thinking. . . BUT! HOW WILL I GET THE TOWNIES TO BE THINGS OTHER THAN DEFAULT REPLACEMENTS?!?!

You can change the ones already existing through hard work OR you could just easily make new ones who will have the opportunity to get every skin, eye, or face template. But there's a problem with that. . .

EA/MAXIS DEFAULT FACES ARE UGLY. The Sims aren't real so we can be as superficial as we please. So, for gorgeous townies, you're going to have to go through the pain of CC downloading.

The beautiful skins here in this thread
Good face templates are over there
And some fun unique eye colors are SleepyTabby's other creation eyes that are realistic and cool and fun and pretty.

Er. . . I don't think it's a good idea to do that all at once. Like. At all. It's a bad idea. Don't do it.

When you are all settled and comfortable you can go ahead and do "boolprop testingcheatsyouknowhowtodothisenabled true" Shift click your Sim, select spawn, click more, and read with your eyes "NPC and Townie Maker" and then click it with a passion. A weird thing will spawn and it looks like this:

Click on it and you can choose the age, the gender, and skin. Always put random for skin otherwise you're just going to get defaults.

Click generate townie, see if they're ugly, if they aren't click keep and if they're ug then click kill.

I hope this works for other people >.< And I also hope this post isn't too long. I tried to make it interesting.

Awesome skins, though. When my Sims have a kid I'm going to post baby pics. :D

UPDATE: I've found a very peculiar glitch with the generate townie. If you do any of the actions while paused--actually excluding the "-kill-" and "-keep-" action--it will crash your game. And, this does NOT discriminate. Having the best computer with fabulous, smooth gameplay is irrelevant. It's very odd to have smooth, normal gameplay and then a "oh nu something bad happened" noise and a notification that there was a problem with the program and that it would now terminate. Save before you do this.

You need a Sim that you are okay with having stand around wasting time because for some reason these actions are actually considered something your Sim is doing, if that makes sense. As in, if your Sim is already doing something then the actions on this weird orange thing will actually be in their queue but if your Sim's queue is empty then the action happens so fast that it doesn't even make it to the queue. (All of this has nothing to do with SleepyTabby's skins, lol)

As she stated above though you can always get Sim Blender which sounds very nice and helpful. The reason why I'm too tentative to get it is that it does a lot of other things that I have no use for and it feels a little too cheat-y for me. I also don't really wanna test if Cyjon's Debugger conflicts with it

You could just go in some ect. household you don't care about and make them all there.
Instructor
Original Poster
#68 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:43 PM
I, for one, think that's an awesome post. Not just because it's about my stuff either, lol!

Thanks for sharing all the info and fun pics!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:42 PM Last edited by Annything : 17th Nov 2014 at 12:09 AM.
Oh my god, we had twins. They are identical and look the same because they are the same and they are babies but here is Lucy holding Tea:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1416090921

The first pic I made included Tea being poked through the face:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1416090393

And here is Rosa and you will only know because Jim is holding her:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1416090518

So now y'all have pics of babies with Pinecone (S4/Darkest skin).

UPDATE WITH EVEN MORE PICTURES BUT THIS TIME OF TODDLERS. Rosa needs to have redder hair because that makes sense but it's still binned as black:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1416181631

And closer:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1416181661

AND CLOSER!

LOOK AT THAT DETAIL GO! And then Tea is this purple/blue color because when she aged up she had that hairstyle. AND I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING WHEN I PAUSED THIS DURING A YAWN:

I think they do that on Maxis skins too but it was hilarious. BUT do not fret that one second later she went back to this!

I hope I'm not annoying someone/breaking the rules by showing so many pics
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 3:12 PM
Thanks for sharing those pictures, Annything! I've never seen my creations in someone else's game, so it's not only been informative for others, but a neat new experience for me.

Most of all, I'm glad you like the results! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 12:15 AM
:)
Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:06 AM
I cant download it, I click on the files i want to and sends me to another page..... plz heelp
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by langosta007
I cant download it, I click on the files i want to and sends me to another page..... plz heelp

@langosta007, what sort of page are you being sent to? Are you able to download now? I'll try to help, if I can.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:50 PM
Okay, so I've been down in the dumps lately so I didn't take child pics of the twins >.< The adults from earlier aged up. Here is the attractive man from before in his elder stages. He has the imperfection flaws but. . . Just. . . The wrinkles are endearing in a way. Like a real person with my dad, mom, and grandma. Jim is fit, an elder, and the color Pinecone. I don't want to spam with pictures so I'm just going to do the close up to the face, full front body and full back body.

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1417113880 http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1417114082 http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1417114475

There are a couple more here for the curious but they aren't that special: http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/A...s?sort=3&page=1

Pushing the limits, I'll also show female elder. No makeup, she's fit, Pinecone, ect.

I don't know why but I couldn't take a picture with her whole face in it. Here's one of her forehead so you can just imagine it:
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1417115562
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...ng?t=1417117304
. . . Or just go to my Photobucket. If all of these silly pictures interest you and you are considering downloading this then you should try playing with this. If you have a capable computer. VERY VERY CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING SEXY GRANDMAS

It takes a lot of power from the SleepyTabby God to create all of the booties. You can be rest assured, whether this is a lie or not, SleepyTabby: Power > time

In SleepyTabby's name
AMEN!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 11:35 AM
wonderful!!
Page 3 of 6