Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Imperfection-Part One

by SleepyTabby Posted 19th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM - Updated 11th Jul 2016 at 11:23 PM by SleepyTabby : personal pick

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 6
Test Subject
#126 Old 13th Jun 2023 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BabeVonB
To anyone interested in this skin but bothered by the darkness of the Default 3, here is a replacement.

Quote: Originally posted by Rain671
Thank you so much for sharing, i did this last year, but i forgot to do a backup.

Hello! Can you please explain me how exatcly you changed the default replacement file? Simply swapping the texture images doesn't work for me, the skin just reverts to maxis default.

I'm looking for a less dramatic change, so I'm trying to replace D3 skin with "pumpkin spice". And maybe i would also change the other defaults, if I only knew the method.

Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#127 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 2:30 PM Last edited by BabeVonB : 10th Aug 2023 at 12:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GoldAnnie
Hello! Can you please explain me how exatcly you changed the default replacement file? Simply swapping the texture images doesn't work for me, the skin just reverts to maxis default.

I'm looking for a less dramatic change, so I'm trying to replace D3 skin with "pumpkin spice". And maybe i would also change the other defaults, if I only knew the method.

Thanks in advance!

Hey!
Hopefully this is still of some use. I followed the steps given to me by @simmer22 here. I don't remember anymore if I had to extra google for help. I think the hardest part was correctly identifying the ages for each texture :D

Quote: Originally posted by BabeVonB
To anyone interested in this skin but bothered by the darkness of the Default 3, here is a replacement.

UPDATE!
So... changing skintone value is actually not difficult at all? Here are Potato, Brick, Pumpkin Spice and Roasted Almonds with their values changed so they come after Swarthy as Default 3 (whose value is 0.6)! Their values are set as 0.61, 0.62, 0.63 and 0.64 so they are snuggled right between Swarthy and next darker swatch which is 0.65. I hope you enjoy

Updated
Changed the values of the skins darker than Swarthy.
Page 6 of 6