Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Can't update from 1.62 to 1.67
So, when I tried to do so, it said can't find Origin or something like that.
I have every pack installed, except the movie stuff pack, and when I installed all the packs I said no to EA download manager, and Origin.

What should I do?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:18 PM
were you installing the Sims 3 from the disc?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:19 PM
Is this what you are using to try and update? Not the Origin suggestion, ignore that, I mean the SuperPatcher download and instructions further down the page.

And I have to assume this is indeed an all retail disc install, yes? Patch 1.62 was what was shipped with the ITF discs, but it was outdated already just as the discs hit the market.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
were you installing the Sims 3 from the disc?

Yes, indeed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Is this what you are using to try and update? Not the Origin suggestion, ignore that, I mean the SuperPatcher download and instructions further down the page.

And I have to assume this is indeed an all retail disc install, yes? Patch 1.62 was what was shipped with the ITF discs, but it was outdated already just as the discs hit the market.

No, I did not try to download the superpatcher. I tried to download the patch from the launcher.

Yes, it is a retail disc.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 5:24 PM
I would strongly suggest the SuperPatcher. Patching by way of the Launcher was always unreliable, and even when it looks successful often times it isn't and SuperPatching on top of that (for those without Origin or Steam only) will often fix game issues the player never even knew they had.

The SuperPatcher will bring you up to 1.67 once successful.
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 5:39 PM
I also have retail version of the Sims 3 and have used superpatch to 1.67 with no issue.

I got it from modthesims, here's the link if you like
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ownload/Current

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 5:40 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 6:52 PM
Thanks guys.
One more question.
How do I install the superpatcher?
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Thanks guys.
One more question.
How do I install the superpatcher?

simply click the exe and follow the instructions. since you're installing from the disk, I assume the location of your The Sims 3 is in Local Disk C - Program Files (x86), no?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
simply click the exe and follow the instructions. since you're installing from the disk, I assume the location of your The Sims 3 is in Local Disk C - Program Files (x86), no?

I have not checked, but this must be true.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 11:19 PM
The superpatcher won't bring me to 1.69, right?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 11:33 PM
No, I did not try to download the superpatcher. I tried to download the patch from the launcher.

Yes, it is a retail disc.

Is it a pure disc set up? Generally, you only need the basegame disc, and even if other discs are Origin, they will load to the EA basegame... BUT... do NOT go online for any reason ever. If any are those Origin download code discs, BAD!!! Origin will download itself and "contaminate" your clean set up with all the Origin poop!

No, super patch is all patches in one, up to 1.67. 1.69 is Origin only. So follow links provided and have fun... WITHOUT ORIGIN!!!
Instructor
#14 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 11:39 PM

nope, 1.69 is Origin exclusive. also, super patch is for simmers who wish to update their game offline.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 11:40 AM

It's for gameversion 1.67.