Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 8:43 PM
Default Am I the only one who thinks gallery starting offline after each game launch is annoying?
I know this was a thing for a few months (since the October patch, I believe), but just recently I started to play Sims 4 again, after I did some other things (but mostly played Pokémon ), so just now I realised how annoying it is to have to connect every time I want to use gallery. While I do understand the reasoning behind it, to save EA servers load times, especially now that the game is free to play, I still find it annoying every time I want to use the gallery's online features. Am I the only one?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 4:57 AM
I didn't even know that was intended. I presumed there was something wrong with my online settings, wasn't even sure if was Origin or my game settings was causing it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 2:24 PM
I didn’t know that was intentional either I thought it had something to do with me playing on steam deck. I don’t mind it too much now that I think about it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 11:00 PM
It was mentioned in the patch notes, for whichever patch it was in.

I find it slightly annoying but I find it even more annoying that they didn't just give us a "go online" button on the first screen, where it tells you who downloaded/favorited what.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 1:59 PM
No, but having it search the entire Gallery BEFORE I've finished choosing search IS very annoying and not at all necessary. Just give it a "GO" button, EA.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Apr 2023 at 11:00 AM
I also thought I was screwing something up. Very irritating.