Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1601 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Carrie, wat r u doin

Carrie, STAHP

Oh, she's about to make a 360° spin with her head, then spew out some green slimy thing I guess... Watch for her tongue, and you'll know if you have to call an exorcist or just give her some stomach painkiller... ^^
Advertisement
Scholar
#1602 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 3:35 PM
Carrie, wat r u doin

Carrie, STAHP

Mingham, you're avatar on that makes it complete

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
#1603 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 999rozes
Yeah this affection thing really bugs the heck out of me. I don't know how these sims can manage that LOL.

Ok, so update on Mr. Call me, I'm your burglar-man ... A few days after getting his ass kicked for trying to rob my brave sim-lady. He rang and asked her to go on a date. She refused, obviously and he now keeps trying to rob her every second night, this has happened 4 times and coutning... I think it's time to move neighbourhoods.
Field Researcher
#1604 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness
Ok, so update on Mr. Call me, I'm your burglar-man ... A few days after getting his ass kicked for trying to rob my brave sim-lady. He rang and asked her to go on a date. She refused, obviously and he now keeps trying to rob her every second night, this has happened 4 times and coutning... I think it's time to move neighbourhoods.

Staaaaalker..
One Minute Ninja'd
#1605 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness

I wouldn't get run out of town by him. Just kill him and move on.
Inventor
#1606 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 4:10 AM
Have you ever wondered what dogs fear above all else? Well, I can answer that. It's clowns! This dog even has nightmares about clowns. I think he may have watched IT when he was a puppy and it traumatized him.

Also, his owner must be some kind of health nut who hates the unhealthy selections of the ice cream truck. Why else would he rear end the ice cream truck?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1607 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 6:18 AM
The moment is perfectly staged. Teenage Severin is playing his guitar while his father watches. Sev's made some bad choices, but as his father watches him, he realizes the potential his son has. Things can turn right after all. Severin can pull on your emotions with that guitar. Perhaps his future really is as bright as he'd originally hoped. Closing his eyes, Severin focuses deeply on his talent, making his father proud. It seems like all the wrong things have just faded into the--

HOLY F***, AMARANTH. WHAT IN HEAVEN'S NAME. WHERE DID YOU COME FROM. THAT'S YOUR SON YOU'RE EXPOSING YOURSELF TO. HAVE YOU FINALLY GONE SENILE.

Perfectly staged moment shattered. Sometimes I'd like to throw my Sims through a window.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Inventor
#1608 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 6:39 AM
Last time my Sim decided the horse barn was the best place to give birth. This time I learned from her that the second best place to give birth is outside, next to your doghouse, while your son watches on in horror. It is also advisable for everyone else just to ignore the fact that you are giving birth. This Sim has taught me that is is BAD for the Father of the baby (or anyone old enough to drive you to the hospital) to acknowledge that you're giving birth and drive you to the hospital.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1609 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 6:47 AM
Hire a maid. Autumn. Leaves everywhere. Maid only spends time raking leaves.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#1610 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
The witch husband of my fairy sim used the Fire Blast spell on her yet again. (Well twice tonight, actually) The first time she simply got scorched again, but the second time (while I wasn't looking) it seems she actually caught on fire. I wasn't focused on her, but I heard something on fire in my game. I found her with the husband right in front of her, getting ready to put her out. I'm so annoyed with him, haha.

EDIT: So now he just used it on his eldest son as well. That guy has issues...

maybe he's part Scumthorpe?
Forum Resident
#1611 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 4:59 PM Last edited by chreai : 29th Nov 2012 at 5:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Mingham,
My Sim, Carlo, gave birth recently to an Evil alien baby. My first thought was "Oh, sh---!" lol. She is just a toddler now, and absolutely adorable. However, I have a feeling that once she grows into a teenager and is able to start using her powers, she is going to be raising some hell. Especially considering I am working on a mod that will make all alien abilities autonomous. Her name is Axane Ott. (Axane was EA-generated, Ott is her father's last name.) Her other trait is Artistic. She will be aging up to a child in less than 10 sim-days. She would most likely make a perfect addition to your game. I could upload her if you like, once she ages up. I also have screenshots.

FYI, uploaded Axane to the exchange yesterday for anyone else who wants her in-game: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6687098

Her eyes should appear all-black in your game, so if they don't, please let me know. Also, I failed to notice that she was wearing some Store CC clothing when I uploaded her, so I hope that won't cause any problems. Again, let me know and I will replace her with a non-CC version. Enjoy!

Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
It is also advisable for everyone else just to ignore the fact that you are giving birth. This Sim has taught me that is is BAD for the Father of the baby (or anyone old enough to drive you to the hospital) to acknowledge that you're giving birth and drive you to the hospital.

That is why I always have my Sim take herself to the hospital. Yeah, it probably sucks to ride a bike while you're in labor, but at least you're not relying on someone else to get you there in a timely manner.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#1612 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 6:15 PM
And now, a few extra pictures before I move on to other Scumthorpe-related things:

Rick Scumthorpe Gives Birth: The Aftermath

Soon after Crypto Scumthorpe was born, news of Rick's surprise rectal pregnancy quickly reached the rest of the family and naturally became the big conversation topic of the moment. In the process, I reached two significant conclusions about this game:

A: Who says TS3 sims can't be expressive?

B: When you have a buttbaby, you seriously need to make sure you adequately explain what just occurred to any young children living with you at the time.

Because otherwise, this happens:

"Hey! Carrie! I-know-something-you-don't-know..."

"What is it now, Lolita?"

"I know where BABIES come from!"

"BABIES come from BUTTS. BOY BUTTS."

"Bull. Shit. How could you possibly know where babies really come from? We're 6! They don't even teach us that for another four years!"

"No, seriously, I was downstairs and I saw Rick screaming about his butt and looking like he was going to do butt things, but instead of doing butt things his butt had a baby! And it was green! And then dad started yelling at him for having a baby even though he wants grandkids, and then they called the butt doctor-"

WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK LOLITA

HAVE YOU BEEN BROWSING THE WEIRD BIT OF DEVIANTART AGAIN

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And so two little girls came to believe that pregnancy is completely unpredictable and revolves entirely around men's buttocks.

And that green newborns are perfectly normal.

This... isn't going to help them develop healthy relationships later in life, is it?
Field Researcher
#1613 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 8:46 PM
On the note about your female heirs being pretty. They have to, so any unfortunate male to be invited to their quarters will think the mansion in Starless is the Playboy mansion compared to them
One Minute Ninja'd
#1614 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 1:07 AM

This... isn't going to help them develop healthy relationships later in life, is it?

I don't think they were destined for healthy, mature relationships before the blessed event. However, this won't help.
Scholar
#1615 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 1:39 AM
Two sims in the rain holding umbrellas and having a water balloon fight.
Mad Poster
#1616 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:01 AM
So, I tried something new last night. I decided to give the asylum challenge a go. I've never done a challenge before, not in any Sims game but the asylum one is right up my alley, so I painstakingly made seven Sims and really lazily made one, crafted an asylum for them to go in with CC downloaded specifically for it (I don't really understand the no CC rule; I'd struggle making the asylum look as dingy and awful as it was supposed to be without a little help from talented creators, so I kind of stuck two fingers up to that rule. Other than that though, I'm being a good girl!), shoved 'em in and let 'em go. Since I've got Supernatural, I thought I'd make everyone in there with an occult status. So I have two werewolves, two vampires, two witches, a fairy, and a ghost.

Started off quite boringly. Everyone except for my single controllable Sim were just standing around like lemons for a while, or went and investigated a new object, very little was going on. Then two of the ladies decided to catch a fly in their hands and dine on its tiny splattered body.

The vampire at least had the decency to look embarrassed as she smeared the fly's remains across the fabric of her skirt.

Delightful.

My fairy's ability to psychically detect food left cooking on the stove actually alerted me to the fact it had been left abandoned in the first place, but since I can't direct any of the others, I couldn't do anything about it, and just hoped the fairy could finish the meal before it burnt everything down.

No.

Why? Because my male (and given how effeminate he is, I use that term loosely) werewolf decided he was going to have a bad mood wolf out and then piss himself, right in the kitchen doorway. Two others were crowding around outside waiting for him to shift his stupid ass...then wet themselves too.

This, by the way, is pee. People pee.

I made my controllable Sim put out the fire, and replaced the ruined oven and then worked to fill up the low need metres that tending to the fire had caused. So while my controllable Sim was in bed, this happened:

Motherfucking Goddan son of a bitch! The sun hasn't even risen for the second day yet, and already there's another fire!

Thankfully this is Namira (why yes, I do like Skyrim), who is my controllable Sim, so off to the shower with her. I'm so glad I decided against a bath.

This, however, is obviously not. Unless EA coded in intelligent enough AI to make Sims extinguish himself, he was dead.

Guess not.

So now everyone's got a powerful negative moodlet as they mourn the inmate they barely knew, and that is how I lost one of my Sims in the very start of the second day of my first ever Sims challenge!

Fuck fire, man.
Instructor
#1617 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anifromid2
maybe he's part Scumthorpe?

Scrumthorpe is totally becoming part of the internet lexicon as a term for an evil Sim isn't it?
Top Secret Researcher
#1618 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
Scrumthorpe is totally becoming part of the internet lexicon as a term for an evil Sim isn't it?

...Oh dear. What have I done?

Currently wondering if QUALITY PARENTING is going to start catching on at some point too, given how often I've used it and how prevalent awful sim parenting is in general. Although I didn't actually come up with that one, that's a reference to an old TS2 Let's Play I read last year where a bunch of idiotic sim men wound up with alien twins and failed spectacularly at looking after them.

Here's the original QUALITY PARENTING image, which I had nothing to do with:

Predictably, it involves floorbabies.
Mad Poster
#1619 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:19 AM
"Floorbabies" seems to be catching on as quite a popular term too. I've seen it used in the Sims 3 LP I've been reading on Something Awful.

(Btw, I was wondering earlier, whatever happened to Judas after giving Larry a 'nice' visit from his first wife...? He seemed to just disappear. )
Inventor
#1620 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:46 AM Last edited by leo06girl : 1st Dec 2012 at 1:25 AM.
All I did was tell my Sims to mount their horses. The guy's wife did it perfectly. I just hope the guy's inexperience at horse riding didn't show through too much.

I think the guy in the last picture borrowed Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's invisible boatmobile.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1621 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:47 AM
...I...guess for some people there's nothin' quite like a face full of horse butt...?
Top Secret Researcher
#1622 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:49 AM
Quote:
(Btw, I was wondering earlier, whatever happened to Judas after giving Larry a 'nice' visit from his first wife...? He seemed to just disappear. )

Don't worry, I'll get back to Judas soon enough- since the last post, he's been lounging around Stately Scum Manor living off Larry's fortune on account of everyone else being too afraid of him to raise any kind of objection to him being there. And zombie Honoria can still be found wandering around town and being a nuisance from time to time.

Apologies if some characters fall in and out of focus- it's an inevitable hazard of playing a large family, I guess. The Scumthorpes are spread out across four households, three branches of the family tree, and mostly hate each other, so they're unlikely to all appear at once in anything without someone winding up dead. Same applies to characters like Spurgin Scumthorpe the neckbeardy internet troll and Sid Scumthorpe- they're background characters at the moment.

(Although Sid will definitely get some time in the limelight when '70s/'80s/'90s Stuff comes out, if only so I can have him strutting around town wearing a literal leisure suit and pathetically trying to flirt with any woman who doesn't immediately cross the street and roll her eyes upon seeing him. It basically writes itself)
Top Secret Researcher
#1623 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:37 AM
A few days ago, I mentioned that one of my sims could apparently see across the town and through objects after she hopped in a taxi to look at a bird in a bush.

Now, she just walked through a wall. And I swear that she looked right at me as she did it.

I think I've figured out where our future AI overlords will come from.

On a related note to the QUALITY PARENTING thing, I forgot to buy a new crib after one of my sims gave birth. The sim holding the baby decides that listening to a guitar is more important than holding the baby. So that sim walks outside and carefully puts the baby down. IN THE SNOW.
Theorist
#1624 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 5:59 AM
...Oh dear. What have I done?

Currently wondering if QUALITY PARENTING is going to start catching on at some point too, given how often I've used it and how prevalent awful sim parenting is in general. Although I didn't actually come up with that one, that's a reference to an old TS2 Let's Play I read last year where a bunch of idiotic sim men wound up with alien twins and failed spectacularly at looking after them.

Predictably, it involves floorbabies.

That is exactly what happened the last time I got babies in my game, actually. It should only be one, but the adoption service obviously did not notice a smelly, crying baby lying on the front porch, before dropping off a second one I did not want.
Mad Poster
#1625 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 5:11 PM
Don't worry, I'll get back to Judas soon enough- since the last post, he's been lounging around Stately Scum Manor living off Larry's fortune on account of everyone else being too afraid of him to raise any kind of objection to him being there. And zombie Honoria can still be found wandering around town and being a nuisance from time to time.

Apologies if some characters fall in and out of focus- it's an inevitable hazard of playing a large family, I guess. The Scumthorpes are spread out across four households, three branches of the family tree, and mostly hate each other, so they're unlikely to all appear at once in anything without someone winding up dead. Same applies to characters like Spurgin Scumthorpe the neckbeardy internet troll and Sid Scumthorpe- they're background characters at the moment.

(Although Sid will definitely get some time in the limelight when '70s/'80s/'90s Stuff comes out, if only so I can have him strutting around town wearing a literal leisure suit and pathetically trying to flirt with any woman who doesn't immediately cross the street and roll her eyes upon seeing him. It basically writes itself)

Ahh awesome! And not to worry, I was just curious is all. :3

...I hope when '70s/'80s/'90s Stuff comes out, Sid will be rockin' a pimp suit.
Page 65 of 321