Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YoNonna
One of my faves of your creations is the hacked dishwasher where Sims load their dish and then WALK AWAY, which alleviates the pileup at the dishwasher. I use it in almost every home!YoNonna

Since I micro-manage my sims, I never knew the pileup at the dishwasher was even a problem; it was @Daleylife who asked if anyone could make a mod to make sims put their dishes in and then walk away. It turned out to be easy, so thanks to @Daleylife for drawing the problem to my attention.

And thanks to you; I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 4:23 AM
Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for all your CCs. I recently started playing The Sims after 10+ years of hiatus. My sims were just barely getting by until I found your objects.

I'm uploading my progress on youtube, something I didn't even think of years ago when I was originally playing the game. I've been mentioning you on description of my videos and have been meaning to just stop by here and properly thank you. Sooo...

Thank you so much!! And happy simming :o)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avalon57
Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for all your CCs. I recently started playing The Sims after 10+ years of hiatus. My sims were just barely getting by until I found your objects.

I'm uploading my progress on youtube, something I didn't even think of years ago when I was originally playing the game. I've been mentioning you on description of my videos and have been meaning to just stop by here and properly thank you. Sooo...

Thank you so much!! And happy simming :o)

Aw, thanks so much! Glad my mods are helping, and glad you've rediscovered this great old game after a hiatus. It's amazing how good it still is, even all these years later.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 2:01 AM
Just wanna say I've been using the silent TVs for a while and WOW what a difference. The normal TVs are SO LOUD and now I can actually hear my sims talking, the doorbell ringing, flies buzzing (ok I guess it's not ALL good). The simlish TV programs are cute but I've heard them enough for a lifetime and now I can actually keep my earbuds in without regrets. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EphemeralToast
Just wanna say I've been using the silent TVs for a while and WOW what a difference. The normal TVs are SO LOUD and now I can actually hear my sims talking, the doorbell ringing, flies buzzing (ok I guess it's not ALL good). The simlish TV programs are cute but I've heard them enough for a lifetime and now I can actually keep my earbuds in without regrets. Thank you!
You're welcome! This was one of the first mods I ever made, because the incredibly loud televisions annoyed me SO much. I don't know if Maxis made them that loud as some sort of commentary on our society, or if it was just a mistake, but they're so loud.

It's actually super easy to make an object silent. Open it in IFF Pencil 2, delete the sound files, and save it. That's all it takes! I think I'll make a bookcase that eliminates some of the male reading noises, because the male voice actor did so much more muttering for the reading than the female voice actor, and the sound of the guys reading gets annoying after awhile.

Hey, I'm an old lady, so I'll allowed to be a curmudgeon!

Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea

Hey, I'm an old lady, so I'll allowed to be a curmudgeon!

I'm an old lady too and feel the same way about the male Sims grunting. It does get annoying after a while.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YoNonna
I'm an old lady too and feel the same way about the male Sims grunting. It does get annoying after a while.

It's not bad for the first point or two, but if you're playing a career where you need 8 or 10 Mechanical, it gets old pretty quickly.

I wasn't planning to upload such a simple mod, but now that I know you hate the noise of male sims reading, too, I'll upload it once I get around to making it. (Today's my birthday, so I have other stuff to do today, but maybe tomorrow.)

Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
It's not bad for the first point or two, but if you're playing a career where you need 8 or 10 Mechanical, it gets old pretty quickly.

I wasn't planning to upload such a simple mod, but now that I know you hate the noise of male sims reading, too, I'll upload it once I get around to making it. (Today's my birthday, so I have other stuff to do today, but maybe tomorrow.)

Whoo Hoo, Happy Birthday, Corylea! :D
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:36 AM
Happy Birthday, Corylea!!!!❤️
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 2:07 PM
I came by today to say thank you for the flirting/complimenting mod and the non-spoiling food. Thank you! They make the game much nicer.
As I can't wish you a happy birthday any more, I wish you a wonderful next year. Have fun and keep simming.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 8:05 PM
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, @YoNonna, @ed95, and @Weezzle! I really appreciate it.

Glad you're enjoying the social and food mods, Weezzle! I find it really annoying that food spoils so rapidly when there's a refrigerator right there.

Page 2 of 2