Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 3:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default "Specifiy sim for this door" doesn't work
I've had this issue for a while but it's beginning to bug me to death. Whenever I click "Specify sim for this door" on a door, nothing happens or shows up.
I tried to download the Go Here mod by Nraas to maybe fix the issue, but when I click filters there nothing happens either.

What is going on, I've tried it on every door in the game now. I've already reset the world & lots, nothing seems to fix it.

Does anyone know a fix? I can't find anything about it anywhere
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 4:05 PM
some mods issues perhaps? try testing with only nraas mods.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
some mods issues perhaps? try testing with only nraas mods.

Hi! I only have Nraas mods, no other cc.
The weird thing is no error shows up, I've had this issue since University but I've finally had enough after all these years.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 4:32 PM
sounds like you got similar problem with this OP over nraas forum
https://www.nraas.net/community/goh...ssion/topic8873

the OP had resolved the problem due to old version of nraas mods. so perhaps, you could follow the thread, no?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
sounds like you got similar problem with this OP over nraas forum
https://www.nraas.net/community/goh...ssion/topic8873

the OP had resolved the problem due to old version of nraas mods. so perhaps, you could follow the thread, no?

I see! All my Nraas mods are up to date though!

I think they eventually fixed by annilitating Imaginary dolls, now that I remember it correctly I think i've had the issue since that EP! I might try annilating my world and getting rid of all imaginary dolls to see if that works.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Funkyanastasia
I see! All my Nraas mods are up to date though!

I think they eventually fixed by annilitating Imaginary dolls, now that I remember it correctly I think i've had the issue since that EP! I might try annilating my world and getting rid of all imaginary dolls to see if that works.

Make sure you save a back up if it does not work. I have a bunch of Nraas mods, script mods and core mods, as well as more than 500 separate, and merged packages of CC, all EA EP's and a few SP's, and downloaded worlds, etc etc etc... point is the "who can use this door" works for me... and I have imaginary friend dolls in inventories. Not really sure what the issue might be.

Just used "specify" in ITF to keep everyone out of master bedroom. Sim son has imaginary friend.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Make sure you save a back up if it does not work. I have a bunch of Nraas mods, script mods and core mods, as well as more than 500 separate, and merged packages of CC, all EA EP's and a few SP's, and downloaded worlds, etc etc etc... point is the "who can use this door" works for me... and I have imaginary friend dolls in inventories. Not really sure what the issue might be.

Just used "specify" in ITF to keep everyone out of master bedroom. Sim son has imaginary friend.

It sadly didn't work! I tried updating all my nraas mods, but they seemed to be all the same versions. The problem is still there sadly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Funkyanastasia
It sadly didn't work! I tried updating all my nraas mods, but they seemed to be all the same versions. The problem is still there sadly.

Edit: Literally just created a whole new TS3 folder and it's still here, what is happening :__:
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 8:18 PM
seems like your installation is screwed. I would suggest you do a fresh one:
  • 1. rename your current The Sims 3 folder to something like The Sims 3 Backup.
    2. open the game so it will create a new one. upon loading to home screen, set your preferred settings in game option.
    3. quit and delete these caches; CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package and socialCache.package.
    4. do not touch anything else inside your brand new created folder. this time, test your game without mods in a new game.
    5. if it works, then you can start installing nraas mods one by one. if it doesn't, something might go wrong with your game installation and you need to uninstall and reinstall it as a last resort.