Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wallpaper Overlays: the INside Edition -plus- a Maxis Wall Hider file

by CatherineTCJD Posted 9th Jan 2011 at 3:37 AM - Updated 6th May 2022 at 3:19 PM by CatherineTCJD : Improved mesh

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:48 AM
Mmm, layerable overlays with catalog cleanup for dessert! Om nom nom!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 4:18 AM
This is super cool, thank you for contributing to MTS!! Here is your trophy for uploading a useful download:
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 7:21 AM
There are those Misssion panels I was looking forward to! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:19 PM
This project is very useful, thank you! Extra bonus for wall hiders!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 2:32 PM
Gotta have it! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:51 PM
I'm glad you guys like it! Thanks!
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 4:11 PM
Nice work. Wall overlays are something that should have been made into a feature into the game. I really like the half-tile overlays! They will be useful in bathrooms and kitchens. Depending on how they look, I may see about slightly adjusting their textures up to be around counter height, for the purposes of kitchen nooks.

The suggestion of using them with the Wall Windows set was pure evil because now that's what I'm going to be doing all the time now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
I really like the half-tile overlays! They will be useful in bathrooms and kitchens. Depending on how they look, I may see about slightly adjusting their textures up to be around counter height, for the purposes of kitchen nooks.

Please - adjust away!!! I want a copy - OK?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 9:04 PM
Again, I say, "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" I gots me some work to do now, yeppers. Perhaps this will inspire to get out of my actually-playing-the-game "rut" and into doing some creating, goshdurnit.

Thanks so much for these and the exterior ones.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 6:28 PM
I just LOVE it! Thank you very, very much for these!
*off to download the rest of the wallpaper overlays*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 12:27 AM
I love the hiders and having the mesh in the architecture category. It's just so easy to overlook something in the deco section. I had just started on a similar project long, long, ago (lost it due to comp crash), but it would have never have been as thoughtful or thorough as this one! Thanks for creating and sharing!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 10:04 AM
Finally a HUGE bunch of sanity for the insanely overcrowded wall-cover folders. Thank you so very much, Catherine!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 1:47 PM
Every time I redecorate I wish for something like this...I had no idea they existed! My game has improved greatly today!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:26 AM
Thank you, everybody! Your comments make me smile. I'm glad people are finding some use for these!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th May 2011 at 9:55 AM
Awesome!!! Thank you!
Instructor
#17 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 6:34 PM
Question, which I'm sure I'll find out on my own if I use these, but are there ones with just the crown moulding for use with real doors? Wainscotting or baseboards aren't needed on wall panels with doors, and I don't want Sims to pretend they aren't there and walk through them, I wan't them to not be there... Either way, this is most amazing! Thanks for your time end effort. I love a lot of walls but hate the trim that came with it so I end up using the same small amount of them over and over.

goderguy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goderguy
Question, ...are there ones with just the crown moulding for use with real doors?

Yes!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 4:09 PM
Thank you so much! Such a brilliant upload!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:20 PM
This is so fantastic! I love to decorate with walls that match, but some with wainscotting and some without, just same base pattern or color. But EAxis only gave us some you could do that with, now you've opened up basically everything! <3 this set!!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 1:47 AM
I downloaded this set in hopes that it would allow me to properly mold the walls of a two-story room I have been working on, but unfortunately, the wall overlays disappear into the wall the moment I place them, and upon zooming in or out, I can see them clipping with the wall itself. Is there a fix for this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 7:11 PM
Ddy.C. - Sorry to be so long in answering you... I haven't been Simming too much lately ;-(

However, as I said in the original write-up: "When overlapping layers you will need the "MoveObjects On" and "snapObjectsToGrid false" cheats. NOTE: the only way I could make diagonals work without stretching the texture, is by layering. This can be a bit finicky at times - especially with different camera angles - but keep fiddling with it and you'll soon get it right."

Are you using the above mentioned cheats and layering them properly? They can be finicky, but they work for me. I hope you got them to work for you.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 11:00 AM
Wonderful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd May 2015 at 5:05 AM
When I saw there was a version that placed these in the build/architecture section of the catalogue I nearly cried! God bless you you beautiful human being, who walks among us mere mortals and sees our overcrowded deco sections and decides to put their objects in a section less crowded, that makes more sense. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd May 2015 at 5:11 PM
LOL! I'm so glad you like them

and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 1 of 2