Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HomeworkSometimesFasterFun

by Jenflower Posted 15th Dec 2004 at 10:57 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 7:11 AM by Jenflower : Apartment Life version uploaded again after server crash

243 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 10
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 10:35 PM
Thanks Jenflower. I can't wait to try this. I like my kids doing homework but it takes them forever and they lose out on other things.
Test Subject
#152 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:38 PM
Thank You! this will be so helpful to me! Great Job!!:D
#153 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:18 PM
Default Some Problems
Hi!

I really enjoy your hack wth my family. It works fantastic. But I found out, that when I create a new familiy with teenagers, the teens don't improve their grades. They stay constantly at 3+ (I don't know if it's 3+ in the english version; I use the german version (so sorry for my bad English )), no matter if they are at good mood or if they have platin status.

I'm not sure if this hack causes this problem. I use it in combination with the nocheering hack. But I think that this hack causes the problem.

The problem is still there even if i removed the hack from the Downlod folder. So I'm quite confused. What could it be? Does anybody now???

Greetings
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 4:59 AM
Default for the prof
Are you having the parents help the kids with the homework? That should help them improve their grades with or without the hack. Hope it works. keke

"We just have to trust one another. I just don't see it working out any other way. Also...I can kill you with my brain."
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 5:01 AM
I am so happy that this works with University. It was one of my favorite hacks and it's been hard not having it in the game. Most of my kids seemed ready to stick their heads in the oven after a grueling homework session. Redownloading pronto. THANK YOU
Test Subject
#156 Old 3rd May 2005 at 12:04 AM
Jenflower! I've made a swedish translation of this patch. Do you want me to give you the file so that you can add it to your official one?
Test Subject
#157 Old 8th May 2005 at 12:57 AM
Thank you so much for this "just right" hack. It works perfectly in my game and now my sim kiddies and teens have time for other things...like having fun!
Test Subject
#158 Old 14th May 2005 at 3:21 AM
My Simmie children will love this!
Test Subject
#159 Old 15th May 2005 at 7:38 PM
This sounds good I'll try it! and I like turtles too (all animals to be exact) Thank you!
Instructor
#160 Old 26th May 2005 at 10:04 AM
I have had this hack in my game for a long time and it works fine (even with the EP)...yesterday I tested out this hack with inge's reservable desk (so that the kids will put their homework on their own desk instead of the floor) and I get the pop-up thats supposed to say that the child doesnt have homework yet the words actually say something about global data (or something like that). But Inge said that it shouldnt interfere with it. Am I the only one having this problem? If not, is there some way to get them to work together?

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#161 Old 26th May 2005 at 10:29 AM
I'm currently using 'no homework' and I might well give this a shot. I simply thought the homework level in the game was unreasonable. Also, my families with multiple kids - one day I had it take ONE HOUR for the kids to all make it off the bus, I mean, give me a break :P

*Tig*
Field Researcher
#162 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 2:22 AM
my stars thankyou! much more realistic!
#163 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 4:15 PM
Thanks for doing *your* homework, Jen and coming up with this hack. It always bothered me my kids hated school so much.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#164 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 2:58 AM
JP's no A+ memory hack is for no A+ memory SPAM. The child gets a memory the *first time* they get an A+. They can also keep getting the A+ in aspirations and be awarded it, you just won't get a memory entry for every A+ after the first one.

Also if you have large extended families and they don't all know each other, the NoTelepathy hack will decrease the memories inserted for non-immediate family members.

*Tig*
Test Subject
#165 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 7:41 PM
wow this is good thanks
Field Researcher
#166 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 5:28 PM
This is great, poor Lizzy won't have to keep finishing her brothers homework, he nearly has a tantrum with homework even after help. so a big hug and a thank you so much.
Test Subject
#167 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 5:29 PM
That's awesome, great idea! Thx for sharing
#168 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:13 PM
Thank you so much! I hate when kids come home from school with no fun in them. And homework takes too long!
Test Subject
#169 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:50 PM
awesome! cant wait to try it!
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:29 AM
Loovely! I love that things are so much more realistic now!
Test Subject
#171 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:33 AM
First time I tried this my kids wouldn't get on the bus and go to school - it kept dropping out of the que. I'm gonna give it another shot and see if maybe something else was going on ... I really want to use this! I'm so tired of always fussing with the homework, but I don't want to give it up completely. Wish me luck!
#172 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 10:47 AM
Good realism hack i dont want to defete the object of the game but homework at the moment sucks so this is gonna improve the game ea should thank you
Test Subject
#173 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 9:07 PM
OK I have a qrequest of something to add to it.

When in the Uni expantion a studant does a report and dosnt complete it you can click on them and an option come up so thay will go continu to do it.

I hate chaseing my teens all over the lot to get them to do there homework and see where thay dumped it this time(Magnus likes to dump his in the bathroom) so can you set it up to make teens go chase there own homework like young adults do?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#174 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 12:13 AM
Jenflower, today I made a homework hack that gives the sim skills while they do their homework. Unfortunately I had to do it through the BHAV that's called something like "Sub - increment and exit" which of course means it clashes with your hack.

If you feel like doing a version of yours that incorporates my bit of code for skilling, if anyone asks, then feel free to do so. I didn't want to do it the other way round because your hack looks quite complex and I thought I might end up breaking it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 3:34 PM
Nice! :D
Page 7 of 10