Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#28776 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 2:40 AM
Just wondering if anyone's figured out if it's possible to make the in-game screenshot function not so tiny and pixelated, or if it's just something that can't be changed.

mostly sims 2 and sims 3. 4 on occasion
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28777 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 2:46 AM
Go into your camera settings and change the size and quality. You'll get something like this:

It's still not as good as a screenshot from dedicated software, but it's good enough for many purposes.
Screenshots

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28778 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 4:30 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 22nd Nov 2021 at 4:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Game installed lot. The Lumber Mill Range lot in Three Lakes.

Ya know, I just spent at least an hour deleting a lot of trees (not all of them of course, but I do think they went tree happy in the vacation towns, especially Three Lakes) and putting batboxes and that stuff in all the lots for all the vacation worlds. That's all I'm doing tonight but I looked up pink flashing and checked out my GRM, thinking I did it already but wanting to check it's correct, has the graphic card, but I noticed the game said "The Sims 2 Body Shop" with a drop down thing. I didn't notice the "body shop" before! So I used the arrow and saw "The Sims 2" and sure enough, nothing was checked! Like the disable texture memory etc. So I clicked auto-detect and 3 things were checked, then I "saved files". So it turns out I did NOT do what I thought I did!

I have no idea if this will fix it or not but I got a page bookmarked for possible more help if it doesn't. It might be all I needed to do *crosses fingers*.

Edit: Regardless if that alone fixes it or not, I feel really dumb.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28779 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 5:14 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Nov 2021 at 6:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by floodedbaths
Just wondering if anyone's figured out if it's possible to make the in-game screenshot function not so tiny and pixelated, or if it's just something that can't be changed.

600x450 with the best quality option is the largest/best you can do ingame.

Most people who do screenshots in larger formats these days use the Printscreen button. It allows you to take pictures the size of your screen resolution. I use a Printscreen program that saves the pictures for me, so I don't have to go in and out of the game to paste and save them manually. I also use a mod that removes the red pause line, and use the TAB button to remove the user interface (unless I want to take pictures of the UI), because these aren't removed automatically like with the ingame pics. The TAB button is for the free-hand camera that gives you a bit more control, too.

(Most printscreen programs let you set a preferred button for taking the pictures - in case you want to use a different button than Printscreen, and also tinker with the save settings in various ways).
Top Secret Researcher
#28780 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 6:15 PM
I use Fraps to take pictures and have a fraps folder in pictures that they automatically save as jpgs to. I use the insert key because it wasn't being used for anything else so wouldn't cause issues. Of course what Peni said would be free and it doesn't look bad at all. I also have a mod that removes the red pause line. The tab is useful too like simmer22 said.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28781 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 7:22 PM
I can recall when 640x480 (with a VGA Adapter and Monitor) was the best graphics resolution you could get on a PC monitor screen. So 600x450 still sounds quite good to me. The maximum resolution on the monitor I used with my old computer (until a year ago) was 1024x768, so 600x450 still seemed quite big. The built in screen of my new laptop goes up to 1920x1080, which makes 600x450 look small. I still use the in-game 600x450 for most purposes, including keeping track of what my Sims are up to. But when I have something that I just have to keep and share in full HD resolution, I use PrintScreen. Like simmer22, I usually use Tab (or F10) to hide the UI, but I don't usually use the mod that removes the red pause line, as I like the red line in-game so that I know for certain that the game is paused. On my computer, with Windows 19, pressing the PrintScreen button creates a .png file in a Screenshots folder on my OneDrive, so I no longer have to use FRAPS or a similar utility. (i.e. If I press PrintScreen several times in a play session, it saves all the screen shots without me having to switch between windows. I think it's one of Windows 10's better features.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#28782 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 7:27 PM
I didn't know that was a feature of windows 10. I don't know what OneDrive is, so I just searched and apparently it's an app. That's good to know . I have windows 10. I know I can take a screenshot of what's on my screen with print screen but then I have to copy/paste into paint and save it somewhere. I had no idea about OneDrive or anything making that easier.

My Simblr
He/They
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28783 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 7:34 PM
In Windows 10, windows key + PrtScr buttons pressed together saves a PNG image to Users\[username]\Pictures\Screenshots. Works for me with one drive disabled.
Top Secret Researcher
#28784 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 7:41 PM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 22nd Nov 2021 at 7:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
In Windows 10, windows key + PrtScr buttons pressed together saves a PNG image to Users\[username]\Pictures\Screenshots. Works for me with one drive disabled.

*tries it* Omg I had no idea! It worked. I hadn't heard of that.

Edit: I don't even have OneDrive. Looking it up on the microsoft store it says "get".

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#28785 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 11:02 PM
Thanks everyone! Good to know. I'll probably stick to the print screen button since that usually works for me, but I was curious about "fixing up" the in-game screenshot feature. I forgot camera settings were a thing...lol

mostly sims 2 and sims 3. 4 on occasion
Theorist
#28786 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
I have a quick stupid question. If a maid's client gets her pregnant, is she pregnant even at other client's houses?

@Debby1957
Indeed but the pregnancy won't progress it you don't make her playable.
Test Subject
#28787 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 12:30 AM
Default Summoned witch doctor
Hey, I might have done something stupid.
I was in my test hood working out how to summon the AL good and evil witches, but pressed on 'Witch' with the teleporter shrub. Some dialogue came up with the witch doctor's image, but I don't remember them actually turning up. Once I worked out how to get the AL witches and rename them, I left the lot without saving.

Given the witch doctor is an unsafe NPC, do you think my empty template hood will be safe from game corruption, or am I gunna have to reinstall the game?
Mad Poster
#28788 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 1:07 AM
You didn't save, so you should be fine.
You can edit files in SimPE to rename, if you find that easier and less stressful.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#28789 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 4:46 AM
How do you make a sim a BFF.....without mods?
Top Secret Researcher
#28790 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
How do you make a sim a BFF.....without mods?

After they are best friends you just wait a little bit. A day I think? It happens automatically once they are best friends for a certain amount of time, at least it does for me.

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#28791 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 12:39 PM
In what cases is "ask permission to go out" not visible, even though the Teen Sim and the Adult/Elder relative have a good relationship with each other?

-------

@floodedbaths I use the Win + print screen shortcut to create screenshots without minimizing the game screen.
Test Subject
#28792 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You didn't save, so you should be fine.
You can edit files in SimPE to rename, if you find that easier and less stressful.

Thankyou!
I haven't got SimPE; I think it's a bit out of my league , using simblender is fine
Mad Poster
#28793 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@Debby1957
Indeed but the pregnancy won't progress it you don't make her playable.

Well then something is wrong with my game. Because she is very near having that baby and when she went to another sims house she was 50 hours pregnant (by simblender) with a huge belly.
To be honest, I thought my question got lost, thanks for replying.
Mad Poster
#28794 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 5:56 PM
You can't get non-playable sims pregnant unless you have some kind of mod.
Theorist
#28795 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Well then something is wrong with my game. Because she is very near having that baby and when she went to another sims house she was 50 hours pregnant (by simblender) with a huge belly.
To be honest, I thought my question got lost, thanks for replying.

You're welcome.
I think you should make her selectable or move in using the teleporter of your choice in order her to give birth.
Do you plan to render her playable?

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You can't get non-playable sims pregnant unless you have some kind of mod.

Indeed.
Mad Poster
#28796 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 4:31 AM
Since they clearly have some other mod to make NPCs pregnant, they should consult that mod to find out how the pregnancy advances. That's not something we can tell them here, they have to actually read the description of the mod they installed.
Inventor
#28797 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 4:56 AM
Do Young Adults and Adults share the same skin texture? I created a hypothetical skin default (in my head, hence hypothetical) and I envision the adults, and only the adults, with age details since I get tired of adding frown lines to every adult after a while. Elders get wrinkles of course

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#28798 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 5:20 AM
^ YA and adult share all the resources, and it doesn't look like there's an easy way around it in Bodyshop (it doesn't seem to auto-export resources for YA when you make a skin).
Mad Poster
#28799 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
You're welcome.
I think you should make her selectable or move in using the teleporter of your choice in order her to give birth.
Do you plan to render her playable?
Indeed.

I'll see how it goes. If it don't work out, I can always quit without saving and try again. If I have to, I will make her playable, but the sims that got her pregnant is living with another sims and engaged to her. So I won't be moving the maid in.

@ kestrellyn - I have mods that got her pregnant. And my original question had NOTHING to do with the pregnancy. I just wanted to know if she would be pregnant at other client's homes when she went to clean their homes. And by the time Essa answered my question, I found out (in game) , she is.
Mad Poster
#28800 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 4:38 AM
That's still a question that could have been answered if you'd just read the description of the mod you installed.
Page 1152 of 1339