Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 6:38 AM
Question about a Sims 2 creator (PLEASE READ!)
Does anyone know what happened to Jaydee (aka jaydee227)? For some reason, you can’t find much about her and all 4 of her Sims movies were made back in 2006, though two were reuploaded. I asked this question on here as she made specifically Sims 2 movies. If anyone knows what happened to her, please respond. Thank you!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 11:52 AM
Her site can be viewed using the wayback machine; there is an email address on the contact page, so you could try that.
https://web.archive.org/web/2010030....jd-movies.com/
Last video was uploaded to her youtube seven years ago, so I don't think she's been playing sims much.
https://www.youtube.com/jaydeesims/videos
But her 'about' page mentions that she is an artist, so maybe she has a Deviantart or Instagram?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 3:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Oct 2022 at 8:37 PM.
http://jaydeesims.blogspot.com/
Their poseboxes, and links to their movies.

Haven't seen anything from her in quite some time, so chances are she moved on to something else. Her latest animation posebox was from 2010-ish, and she reuploaded a video back in 2015, but it doesn't seem like she's had any projects going on since.

A lot of creators from 10+ years back aren't around in the community any longer, and if they haven't posted anything about why they've left, we don't know why. Some just silently disappear.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 8:19 PM
Yeah, but the thing is. Jaydee was pretty much the most popular Sims 2 movie maker back then, it wouldn't make sense how she disappeared without any notice considering how many fans she had at the time.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 8:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Oct 2022 at 9:07 PM.
Considering how many people (many of them superb creators of CC, pictures, stories and videos) have trickled out of the community since I started playing back in 2006, it makes sense to me. She's just one out of many.

Maybe real life got in the way. Some people keep their private life to themselves, and that's fine - she has no obligation to tell us what happened and why she's not making videos any longer. If she stopped playing sims and making videos, for whatever reasons she had, that's fine - and completely up to her. If she's still playing for fun but for whatever reason doesn't want to be part of the community, that's fine, too.

A lot of people start playing in their teens/early 20s, and after 5-10 years, suddenly there's other things than gaming on the agenda, with family life and/or work. Making sims movies is VERY time consuming (haven't done it, but I know how many days a single chapter for a story can take, so I imagine a movie is even worse since it involves a lot more setup and editing), and so is CC making (if an item or pose/animation doesn't exist, it's easier to make it than ask for it). Balancing real life and those things can get a bit exhausting. Sometimes, you barely even have the time to play games. Sometimes people withdraw from the community because they've had bad experiences. Some people just get tired of the game and move on to other things, or play the game in different ways.

Point is, there could be a lot of reasons, and if JD wants to keep those reasons to herself, that's fine.