Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Working* Magazine Rack [UPD 29 jan 2009]

by Numenor Posted 25th Jun 2008 at 11:47 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 8:49 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment

257 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 245 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 11
Test Subject
#226 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:34 PM
It was only a week or two ago I was thinking of how annoying it was to have all those magazines lying around, this is really wonderful!
#227 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:33 PM
"29 JAN 2009 - BUGFIX

Fixed a bug that affected games with Seasons"

Excelent timing, your Numenorian Greatness! I`m about to install Seasons in a couple days!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#228 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 2:58 AM
Played with it a little tonight and no errors at all.

Thank you, Numenor
Test Subject
#229 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 7:16 PM
That's so good and practical! Thank you. Great Idea =D

Giovi
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 6:03 PM
One Word--AWESOME!! and of course THANK YOU!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#231 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:13 AM
Note: Missing attachments have been restored

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Banned
#232 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 1:48 AM
Thanks for this, I had a little trouble finding it though because I was thinking this was a game mod. So I just typed 'magazine' in the full downloads search, and I found it. I was searching in game mods. lol. have a nice day Numenor! and thanks so much for this useful object.
Test Subject
#233 Old 19th May 2009 at 2:12 AM
Awesomeeeeee... I actually have been declining magazine offers forever, just because of the clutter and such, but NOW I don't have to!! Thankies!
Test Subject
#234 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:10 AM
You truly are the MODFATHER I have not been to a sims sight that your name is not on somewhere. I'm sure that you've heard all this before, but I would like to say it again THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#235 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 1:48 AM
This is great. I always hated having to place magazines separately. I ended up having end tables all over the house just to hold a few magazines. This eliminates that problem. Thank you
#236 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:04 PM
I`m redownloading, just in case there have been any updates since my last download.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Field Researcher
#237 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:15 AM
Love this thing!

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:25 AM
"nice rack" lol

Every one should read this please read and repost it.http://www.womensweb.ca/violence/rape/index.php
Instructor
#239 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 7:15 AM
Finally! I hate those random books and mags lying around the house. It's annoying when they leave it outside or in the snow.
Test Subject
#240 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 7:26 PM
hey numenor why is mine crashing when i place the rack then my sim greeted alot of sims. suddenly my application crashed why is that? hmm. i wonder..
Test Subject
#241 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 7:37 PM
I'm having the same problem as AnneMarit at post #151, and I can't find anyplace where that was addressed.

I have the latest version of these objects in my game, and all EPs and SPs installed. My sim lives in a house; in the living room of the house is the magazine rack. When the maid comes over, she performs some of her cleaning tasks, then goes over and stands next to the magazine rack. And stays there. (Same behavior with both object designs.)

I think she's attempting to interact with it somehow, as the object is not deletable when she's standing there. She will stand there literally all day, not moving unless someone leaves a new dirty dish...then she'll go and clean that up, and then go back to the rack.

When she does perform her duties, I also see what I take to be a jump bug related to the trash...in the middle of trying to throw something out in the kitchen garbage, the maid will often jump and suddenly be standing next to the trash can.

If I remove the rack from the lot, she finishes up her duties (usually bed-making, some bathroom cleaning, cleaning up old newspapers, and taking out the garbage are left) and leaves as normal. No jump behavior spotted then either.

I've got plenty of hacks installed in my game but HCDU doesn't report any conflicts with these racks; and I've tried removing everything affecting maids I can think of, but to no avail.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, as I don't want to have to do without this wonderful object!
Lab Assistant
#242 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 5:43 PM
I had seen this object several times and thought sarcastically, "Oh, just what I need, another bookcase!" But today I actually bothered my lazy self to actually read about it and now I say (unsarcastically) "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
Test Subject
#243 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:14 AM
Very clever! Ty :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dyaaay! lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#244 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 11:20 AM
Thanks, god!
Test Subject
#245 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 7:18 AM
Oh, thank you very much! I'm always frustrated whenever those magazines take the space in my tables. Just what I needed.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#246 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 10:04 PM
has anyone else found an issue with the hobby subscriptions not coming at all? I have this rack (think it's awesome) but even though my simmies have subscriptions the paperboy isn't delievering them anymore...
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:37 PM
This is one of my most used downloads from this site. LOVE it! I have actually made my own personal recolors of this, but I was wondering if you can recolor the book as well. It looks a little weird with the magazines and racks recolored, but that same green book on top just ruins it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#248 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 11:57 AM
OH. MY. GONDOLA.
MY MIND IS BLOWN - I couldn't NOT download this, your description of the object was impossibly irresistible: the functions are too impressive to turn down!
I will lovingly cherish and utilize this object in ALL of my lots, and every time I will think of you. Yes, creepy, but I'm thinking you had something like this in mind when you created such a damn fantastical object!! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#249 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 12:34 AM
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#250 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 7:04 PM
I never knew where to put all the magazines, thank you so much for this solution
Page 10 of 11