Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

neighborhood view fix: see whole neighborhood v1.0

by snappledude21 Posted 10th Oct 2004 at 11:29 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 3:04 AM by porkypine

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 254 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
#26 Old 14th Dec 2004 at 6:18 PM
mm..when i pasted into camera file I deleted the file that was already there!!!!!!!!!!! anyone help??? I dpnt wanna have to uninstall all my hard work + houses etc
Test Subject
#27 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 9:26 PM
Default Thank You
Thank you for this fix. I never knew there was a road on the other side of the bridge in the Pleasantview neighborhood before. This I like. Keep up the good work! Now, if someone just had a fix so I can invite more than two people to sims' parties... :comment:

Layla
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 4:56 AM
this hack is good but what does it do

reply please!

:confused:
Field Researcher
#29 Old 26th Dec 2004 at 10:44 AM
I like the idea of this mod - but what do you do with the text file that opens? There is no zip file. Is this correct?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Dec 2004 at 10:41 PM
Default this is where you put it
when you press the zip it shows a note copy it all and open

My Documents-EA games-The sims 2-Cameras and press on the note that says-Neighborhood Camera and highlight every thing in the neighborhood camera note and paste the note you copied and save!

hope this helps
send me a private message to shaythong8 of this does not work
Field Researcher
#31 Old 27th Dec 2004 at 12:11 PM
Thanks Shaythong! I will try this!
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:55 PM
could someone explain to me how to download and use this. I only see the text when I click on the download and it doesnt download anything.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RBirdL
could someone explain to me how to download and use this. I only see the text when I click on the download and it doesnt download anything.

Read Shaytong's reply to me two posts back. She has a good clear explanation.
#34 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 11:29 PM
Or you could right click the file, click 'save as' and download it directly do your cameras file and save over your old neighborhood cam file.

*^_^*
#35 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 8:41 AM
I still dont get one thing do you copy the first cam file and save it some where? and then put in this new cam file? The first time I just used copy paste and put in cam file along with the orginal file. What a mess! I was getting disey just trying to find the ground. So I took file out. Can someone let me know how to do this mostly what to do with the orginal file. Thanks Nancy
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 8:52 PM
Does not work
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Jan 2005 at 10:21 PM
Nevermind it works now.
#38 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 5:21 AM
Can someone clear up what this hack does? Does it allow you to see everything in the neighborhood screen?

I thought it allowed you to see the other houses on your block while playing with your sims. Now THAT would be awesome. I was kinda disappointed because I thought thats what this was, but this is still a good hack.
#39 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 4:24 PM
Default Help?
Hey, i don't get how to download this because i am such a blonde at heart!
Someone help me! Please! :confused: :smash:
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 3:47 AM
Help! When I pasted it, the original is still above it. Should I delete the original?
Field Researcher
#41 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajms904
Help! When I pasted it, the original is still above it. Should I delete the original?
backup your original text, then replace it with the new text,
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 5:50 AM
awesome!! great!! I love it!! anothe way is to hit tab on your keyboard and then hit the - on your keybird after wards. its really cool lol.
#43 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:25 AM
I'll try it!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:50 AM
hi , i'm haveing the same problem ajms904 is haveing i have backup a original text however the other original text is still there i don't know what to do with it do i remove it ? thanks
#45 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:08 AM
Default Thank You!
I have been wanting this since the game came out! You are my hero! Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 5:16 AM
Default what to do....
copy the file in to the cameras folder in the mydocuments/eagames/ts2 folder.

AFTER AND ONLY AFTER you cut and store somewhere safe the original neighborhood camera file. Then everything should work fine. I have the latest patch installed and it still works for me, and i've never changed it.

Take care.

Mike
PS anyone good at this stuff try to beat me to it, i'm gonna make it so you can see the neighborhood from in game mode. I'm pretty sure you can do it.
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 8:44 PM
Is there anyway to reduce it, just a little. I don't like seeing under my mountains.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 3:52 AM
Ummmm,
You know how you always have some hack happy burnout who doesn't back up anything like they should and just runs out on a wing and a prayer?

Well this time I'm it.

I didn't save my original file and I need it.

I love the see whole neighborhood thing[it's so big...who knew?].

But now when I go into create a family screen I can't see what's going on in the room with the mirror. I'm like a bazillion feet above the room and can't zoom back into it.

Anyone else got this issu or is it just me?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciablue
Ummmm,
You know how you always have some hack happy burnout who doesn't back up anything like they should and just runs out on a wing and a prayer?

Well this time I'm it.

I didn't save my original file and I need it.

I love the see whole neighborhood thing[it's so big...who knew?].

But now when I go into create a family screen I can't see what's going on in the room with the mirror. I'm like a bazillion feet above the room and can't zoom back into it.

Anyone else got this issu or is it just me?

Haha that is very interesting. All i have to say is that you replaced the wrong file somehow, cause that should NOT happen for any reason. However, no biggie. Go to the following folder and COPY !!!! DO NOT CUT!!! the camera files out and paste them into your mydocuments cameras folder. Its C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData and the cameras folder is in there. copy all the text files from there and replace the originals in the my documunts/ea games/cameras folder or whatever.

PS check out my thread in general modding about trying to figure out how to fool the game into thinking its in neighborhood mode and showing the other houses while in in game...have to say its not going very well unfortunately
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:19 PM

Okay, now I really don't know what the blazes I've done. The camera files are exactly the same, which means I copy and pasted you adjustment somewhere else....and I've a clue where.

SO it look like I'm stuck creating all mah sims in Bshop and importing them into the game that way.

If I unsistall and reinstall the game will that restore my original settings?
Page 2 of 11