Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autumn Falls - a revised version of Springville

by himawara106 Posted 29th Jan 2010 at 2:20 PM - Updated 17th Feb 2010 at 11:07 AM by himawara106

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 12:10 PM
mmh... the part 2 is not working - 503 - Service Not Available
Field Researcher
#27 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:05 PM
It took two tries, but I first downloaded each part and then opened each download. When I clicked on the first to open it gave me a message that I needed another part. I selected 'browse' and found Part 2.
Then I had to go into my 'Download' feature when the Sims 3 window opened and install it. After that it was available as another Neighborhood.
I am busy making two prime families- The good family and the bad family. I'm looking forward to seeing how they duke it out in this beautiful little neighborhood!!!
Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:41 PM
looks quite nice i may even leave sunset valley for this
Instructor
#29 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 4:32 PM
Small is good - thank you!
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:31 PM
Said I needed an update so I am unable to complete extraction.

"What fools these mortals be"
WS
Test Subject
#31 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 8:08 AM
Danier: How you change the .package into .world.? I don´t know how to do it. Thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 11:20 AM
Thank you all for your comments - I am glad that many of you find the hood interesting for gameplay.
I am sorry, that some of you have problems with the patches and unpacking process.

I have done something against the download problems: I created a mirror for the file: http://www.box.net/shared/o6245p7kc7
There you can download the file as one zip file. Hope that helps.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Instructor
#33 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 12:02 PM
Pretty, simple and I simply love small neighbourhoods! The only "issue" (which isn't much a bother really) is that I had to rename the community lots, because they're in another language.

But anyway, good job (can't believe you had the patience to do this) and thank you loads for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:48 PM
sorry but your lots arnt big enough I can only fit 3 families into the neighbourhood thats crap.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:18 PM
Great - I've been looking for an unpopulated neighborhood. Thanks. BTW, any plans to do one on a large map?
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:44 PM
The road isn't connected where you enter into the neighborhood with the Stadium,Hospital and Science Lab. So the families on that side can't leave that part of town and the other side can't make it in.
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:28 PM
@wakder
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. All the named rabbitholes are connected with a street and the sims get in.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 11:34 PM
I am having problems with the Stadium also. I can direct the sim to go to the sidewalk in front of the Stadium, then go inside, but that is for the active. My sports ltw sims don't even work there, really no one can go there that are inactive.

Having a problem with the community lot I am using for the library. It's a 20x30 lot and when I directed my sim to go there, the sim just stomped her feet saying the path is blocked. I can't even get them to go to the front on the sidewalk. Routing problems I guess.

Renaming rabbitholes do not stay when I open the game. They either revert to original names or blank. Never had that happen before.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#39 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 12:26 PM
^^^ I'm having the same issues, but mine goes as this:

When I commend my Sim to go to another lot, they stomp their feet, or even when the carpool is there. I have to make the Sim "go here" outside of the house then click on the car. Or when I'm on a community lot, the Sim can't go to another normally. I have to manually make them move to it by constantly clicking "move here".

To the OP: It's most likely not your fault, I guess someone should make a thread about it, maybe someone can help?
Forum Resident
#40 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 2:09 PM
him, the file does download fine. I never said it didn't. The trouble lies with unpacking and installing. When i unzip I get a message that the file is corrupt. And this is posted in the correct setting. That is why we have a post feedback/report button. I am not new to computers or sims. I have created here since this site when up in 04. I am not a beginner, and I am very familiar with this site. So, I will state once again, it is a terrific world and I look forward to installing it after it has been fixed. Also, I downloaded and installed tea's world with no problems. So the issue is not lack of knowledge nor is it incorrect procedure.

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Forum Resident
#41 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 2:17 PM
well, I now have to eat crow. I retried it and it installed perfectly. So I want to apologize for the above blurb. I have no idea why my computer read the files as corrupted the first time I tried to install. Anyway, I now have it, it installed just fine and I can't wait to play it. Please accept my apology. Eating crow is never fun.

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Scholar
#42 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 101ita
^^^ I'm having the same issues, but mine goes as this:

When I commend my Sim to go to another lot, they stomp their feet, or even when the carpool is there. I have to make the Sim "go here" outside of the house then click on the car. Or when I'm on a community lot, the Sim can't go to another normally. I have to manually make them move to it by constantly clicking "move here".

To the OP: It's most likely not your fault, I guess someone should make a thread about it, maybe someone can help?
DId the lot work for you at least once before? I had the Riverview school where you get the painting class do this to me, too. It worked fine for over a month and then one day when I was trying to have two new sims attend painting class, it just stopped working and seems to have developed some sort of routing issue. I'm in the process of doing a search to see if something like this has happened to others with rabbit holes or community lots.

My Autumn Falls doesn't have its settlers in it yet so I haven't tried to skill build at the rabbit holes yet. I'm still building houses. I just built a library so I'll need to test and see if I have any issues with it working as a public lot, too. Hang in there. This is a beautiful neighborhood and definitely worth trouble-shooting.
Test Subject
#43 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 5:01 PM
Hi, I have downloaded this world a few days ago and now I am playing it. I like it very much because it is small and easy to overview. Thanks very much, great job!!!!
Instructor
#44 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 6:51 PM
@ summersong86: Well, I built a house from scratch on one of the beach lots and the other was already there (the market area with the theatre). I don't know if they previously worked fine. I haven't tried the other lots I've copied from Pleasentview yet. I'll check those out.

I'm really curious on what causes this issue and I agree it's worth looking into a solution, because I really like this neighbourhood.
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 8:04 PM
@McAlli - yeah - no problem. I know very well that computers act strange. And sims 3 acts strange as well for me. I had so many problems with the launcher and now it works again. I haven't changed anything - it just works now. So no worries.

Hey you all. Hmm - that's really strange with the rabbitholes. I play a previous version of Autumn Falls (the placement of the rabbit holes didn't change) and didn't have that problem.
But thanks to all of you who are willing to find a solution! I can't reproduce this, because I don't have the problems with the rabbitholes, but I will look into it myself too.

Test Subject
#46 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 9:35 PM Last edited by wakder : 2nd Feb 2010 at 1:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
@wakder
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. All the named rabbitholes are connected with a street and the sims get in.

I'm sorry,what I meant to say was that the main road that connects the neighborhood surrounding those three rabbitholes to the main part of town isn't connected.It's the road right on the side of the Bistro.

Otherwise it's a great town.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:42 AM
Looks gorgeous! Great job!
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 11:30 AM
What a great job you did! It looks great in the game and runs with no glitches.
I look forward to seeing what you can come up with next.

"Old Granny Simmer"
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:30 PM Last edited by keepmesafe10120 : 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:30 PM. Reason: bad spelling *blushes*
Quote: Originally posted by Michiruk
looks quite nice i may even leave sunset valley for this

same here. looks great. maybe for the next "world" you can create a Riverview-ish one. with no river. i'm trying for Sebastopol, CA, but CAW is not for me. my hands aren't steady. might try it later, but if you can maybe come up with something like it, let me know.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 11:25 PM
I downloaded this yesterday, and its gorgeous ! Very well done. One of the few I haven't checked out, and then immediately uninstalled.
Uh... but is there meant to be a huge science facility fountain out in the ocean?

Edit : Its around the corner cliffs near the athletic stadium.
Page 2 of 8