Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Shorter Teens

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th May 2020 at 3:23 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM by Menaceman44 : Additional Info

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Field Researcher
#201 Old 21st May 2022 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I'm really sorry but I'm not going to create any shorter versions.
That's an extra version for me to have to maintain and update any time it's needed and I'm already terrible at updating my mods.
This isn't as simple as opening the file and changing the values either as just doing that corrupts it.

As a compromise I may write up a tutorial on how people can edit the files themselves, for personal use, if they wish.

That's completely understandable. And if you do end up providing a tutorial, it would be very much appreciated, so thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#202 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luisa's Bones
That's completely understandable. And if you do end up providing a tutorial, it would be very much appreciated, so thank you!

I've typed up some instructions that will allow somebody to tweak the height of this mod and it can be downloaded from my simfileshare account> http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3244396/
I don't think this will enable what you want to do though as the Shortest verson that I offer is already as small as the modifier was ever designed to go.
Basically, Luumia created the original modifier that actually changes the body size and the part I wrote tells the game to what percentage it should be applied.
Changing the percentage is the easier part and what these steps explain.
Changing the modifier is much more difficult and is not covered by these instructions.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#203 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SheepishNudist
Just reporting a conflict: this conflicts with SimplyAnjuta's "Presets Selection for Randomized Sims" mod, specifically SimplyAnjuta_CAS_PresetsSelection_for_RandomizedSims_BodyPresets_and_Tuning.package.

Thank you for the mod!

Oh you're a life saver I had no idea why this stopped working
Test Subject
#204 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 3:05 PM
Text comparisons are showing that EA’s made some changes made to the XMLs not reflected here; the one I’m noticing is yfheadNose_Narrow and yfheadNose_Wide changed in Client_CASModifierTuning_YoungAdult.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#205 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SheepishNudist
Text comparisons are showing that EA’s made some changes made to the XMLs not reflected here; the one I’m noticing is yfheadNose_Narrow and yfheadNose_Wide changed in Client_CASModifierTuning_YoungAdult.

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to update that when I get chance.

Test Subject
#206 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 7:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to update that when I get chance.

You are a treasure. With new High school pack i'm so glad we have your amazing mode. I had a strange "they are too old" fillings after the trailer. Riverdale vibe.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 1:04 AM
Your mod the number one must have it for me! I'm a bit sad after saw the new high school trailer the teens still too adult like just with "funny" clothes.. so yeah..I'm so glad you made this mod and we can have a proper teen experience with the new pack + this mod. Thank you!!
Field Researcher
#208 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 2:05 AM
I've typed up some instructions that will allow somebody to tweak the height of this mod and it can be downloaded from my simfileshare account> http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3244396/
I don't think this will enable what you want to do though as the Shortest verson that I offer is already as small as the modifier was ever designed to go.
Basically, Luumia created the original modifier that actually changes the body size and the part I wrote tells the game to what percentage it should be applied.
Changing the percentage is the easier part and what these steps explain.
Changing the modifier is much more difficult and is not covered by these instructions.

I see! Thank you anyway!
Test Subject
#209 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 1:38 AM
I'm just curious and it's okay if the answer is no, but I'm wondering if the main mod and the alternate version (Not the pointy ears one) can be used together to get two different teen heights?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#210 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simgirl542
I'm just curious and it's okay if the answer is no, but I'm wondering if the main mod and the alternate version (Not the pointy ears one) can be used together to get two different teen heights?

Unfortunately not. They both alter the same files so you can only use one at a time.

Test Subject
#211 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 5:55 AM
@Menaceman44, thank you for the quick response.
It's okay. Again. Thank you for replying.
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 12:16 AM
@Menaceman44 Does this mod need to be updated for today's update? Also, I love this mod and can't see myself playing my game without it.

If there is no Sims.
There is no life!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#213 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LovingSims
@Menaceman44 Does this mod need to be updated for today's update? Also, I love this mod and can't see myself playing my game without it.

It shouldn't need to be. The only times it's needed updating before were when new occults were added to the game or the modifiers were changed which I think has happened probably twice.
So you should still be safe using this in your game.

Test Subject
#214 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 5:51 AM
hola, despues de la nueva actualizacion de high school no puedo hacer pequeños a mis sims. de verdad no se si es por un error o si ya no funciona el mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#215 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annysakura
hola, despues de la nueva actualizacion de high school no puedo hacer pequeños a mis sims. de verdad no se si es por un error o si ya no funciona el mod.

I had to use Google translate to read your message but I haven't had any other reports yet that the mod isn't working with the new HSY patch.
I've not updated my game yet but intend to do so this weekend so I'll be able to take a look at things then.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#216 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 7:32 PM
I've tested Shortest version today on HSY. It seems to be Ok for the first look
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#217 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 7:48 AM
I know this isn't the intent of this topic, sorry in advance, but is there any mod out there that does the opposite of this and makes the teen frame the same as the young adult?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#218 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 7:49 PM
Hey, I started playing with the new HSY and the other teens from different worlds don't automatically auto shorten. Before this EP, as in with the Werewolf pack, all the teens in the neighborhood had their heights automatically shortened when I loaded the game. I'll reload game and see if I need to change body preset of my played teen to trigger the auto.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#219 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xerex143444
Hey, I started playing with the new HSY and the other teens from different worlds don't automatically auto shorten. Before this EP, as in with the Werewolf pack, all the teens in the neighborhood had their heights automatically shortened when I loaded the game. I'll reload game and see if I need to change body preset of my played teen to trigger the auto.

Interesting, since the way this mod works, it can't alter the heights of pre-existing Teens unless you manually apply it to them.
It's only ever been automatic for new Teens from CAS or ones that age up from Children. You must have got lucky before somehow.

Test Subject
#220 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 10:32 AM
Interesting, since the way this mod works, it can't alter the heights of pre-existing Teens unless you manually apply it to them.
It's only ever been automatic for new Teens from CAS or ones that age up from Children. You must have got lucky before somehow.

I might have mistakenly thought it did. Not really sure now coz I forgot which teens, aside from the household I'm playing, got shortened height when I started using your mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 12:18 PM
thank you so much for this mod! it is so nice!
Test Subject
#222 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 6:28 PM
Hello there! I just bought the High School Years EP and I'd like to use this mod in my game so I can have shorter teens in my game. I'd like to check if this mod compatible with Patch 1.90? Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#223 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eiziL
Hello there! I just bought the High School Years EP and I'd like to use this mod in my game so I can have shorter teens in my game. I'd like to check if this mod compatible with Patch 1.90? Thanks!

It should be. The files it alters are changed very rarely by EA and I've had no reports saying it has stopped working. Make sure to read all of the info on the main page though as it isn't automatic for pre-existing Teen Sims.

Test Subject
#224 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 2:50 AM
It should be. The files it alters are changed very rarely by EA and I've had no reports saying it has stopped working. Make sure to read all of the info on the main page though as it isn't automatic for pre-existing Teen Sims.

Awesome! Thank you so much! I'll go ahead and give it a try in my game
Test Subject
#225 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 5:48 PM Last edited by TinySnowkitty : 7th Aug 2022 at 6:27 PM.
Hey, for some reason my adult sims are being shortened as well. I haven't played properly since the patch, and decided today to remake Copperdale (change houses, make families) and one of the female sims I was making, when I changed her age from YA to adult in CAS, became shorter. I tested it on other sims in the same household, and it affected the daughter and younger son, but not the older son or the dad. In my active household, the dad was affected, but not the mom, and I didn't take my active household into CAS to trigger it, it happened automatically. I'm able to fix it by changing gender, but not by changing age.
Page 9 of 12