Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#5776 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I use ACR and randomize gender preference with high settings because I want my Sims who are gay to actually be gay and not sorta gay. It will randomize some to bisexual, so I do check the scores to make sure.

yeah I know it does all sorts of things but I really don't want ACR in my game. It has a lot of features I really don't want in my game and with the features i would want I can emulate them in the way I play my Sims. Like if I have a gay Sim, for example, I just don't have him flirt with female Sims and don't have female Sims flirt with him, don't need ACR for that.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Scholar
#5777 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 3:53 PM
I like the randomizing of gender preference with ACR, that's all I was trying to say, not advocating for it per se. It still doesn't prevent gay and straight Sims from getting crushes on the wrong gender. Hence my pet peeve, but I do the same and try not to have them flirt with each other. Not every pet peeve can be solved with a mod.

I did put in a mod for autonomous putting away of leftovers, which I liked until I played some dorms. As soon as the cafeteria cook put out my meals, someone would autonomously put them away. That's all they'd do! Had to take it out.
Forum Resident
#5778 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 6:21 PM
I like the randomizing of gender preference with ACR, that's all I was trying to say, not advocating for it per se

Not going to lie, this feature is one of the best parts of ACR for me; one of the reasons why I installed it, too. I love the unpredictability it has brought into my game, the chaos, the ability to have sims choose their own partners, and the ability to give birth control to certain sims, but the ability to randomise gender preference was a godsend for me.

I did put in a mod for autonomous putting away of leftovers, which I liked until I played some dorms. As soon as the cafeteria cook put out my meals, someone would autonomously put them away. That's all they'd do! Had to take it out.

As tedious as it may sound, could you not have just had a sim get the leftovers from the fridge? Or does that just turn it into a game of "Let's place the leftovers in and out of the fridge"? I think that's why I've never looked into this mod to be honest

As for a recent pet peeve of mine, it's annoying how sims can't woohoo in their cars if there's a child home. What do I mean by this? Imagine this scenario: a couple are on a date in the comfort of their home and are having a decent time. Suddenly, they want to woohoo in the car, so you chuckle to yourself, or roll your eyes depending on your mood, and have them prepare. They get to the car and "I know I have other responsibilities, but I can't leave the young ones alone!"

To that, I say, the car is literally a couple of steps from the front door, you can hear little Jimmy watching the TV, you're that close; what's the big deal?! So, I'm expected to call a Nanny, just so a couple can have fun in their car for a few seconds? Really?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#5779 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
As tedious as it may sound, could you not have just had a sim get the leftovers from the fridge? Or does that just turn it into a game of "Let's place the leftovers in and out of the fridge"? I think that's why I've never looked into this mod to be honest

Yes, it turned into a vicious cycle because as soon as they put the prepared meals in the fridge, the cafeteria cook would make more, and then they would put those in the fridge, and on and on and on...
Lab Assistant
#5780 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 6:54 PM
A really minor thing but when my sims are eating and their hunger meter reaches the maximum, they decide to go wash the damn plate full of food even though there is visible food on the plate! Stop wasting this food away dammit!
Mad Poster
#5781 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 7:02 PM
I really would like a fix for the bug -- and I'm sure it is a bug -- when you set up a casual group for the purpose of taking the children on an outing. You make sure all the children are included in the group. You call for the taxi. And, when the taxi arrives . . .

"I know I have other responsibilities, but I can't leave the young ones alone!" . . .

But I'm not leaving them. I'm taking them. . .

But it's no use. The taxi drives off empty. And the children don't get their outing.

I find that absolutely maddening. GRRR! GRRRRR! GRRRRRRR!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5782 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 8:50 PM
My neatest sim is in temporary housing, and cleaned the place out before work. And back from work, she is still full of soap bubbles

I was just getting extremely irritated when the bubbles vanished
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5783 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 4:39 PM
I use ACR and randomize gender preference with high settings because I want my Sims who are gay to actually be gay and not sorta gay. It will randomize some to bisexual, so I do check the scores to make sure.

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
yeah I know it does all sorts of things but I really don't want ACR in my game. It has a lot of features I really don't want in my game and with the features i would want I can emulate them in the way I play my Sims. Like if I have a gay Sim, for example, I just don't have him flirt with female Sims and don't have female Sims flirt with him, don't need ACR for that.

The Sim Blender also has the ability to randomize gender preference and I used to use it frequently on my old computer.

It doesn't work in my game anymore for some reason - instead of a range from 0 to 100% for each gender preference, I get a range from 0 to 2. This isn't a mod conflict because I tested with Sim Blender literally the only thing in my Downloads folder. ACR2's gender preference randomizer still seems to work just fine, but I really don't want to use ACR.
Scholar
#5784 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I really would like a fix for the bug -- and I'm sure it is a bug -- when you set up a casual group for the purpose of taking the children on an outing. You make sure all the children are included in the group. You call for the taxi. And, when the taxi arrives . . .

"I know I have other responsibilities, but I can't leave the young ones alone!" . . .

But it's no use. The taxi drives off empty. And the children don't get their outing.

Drives me crazy too, I now have them go to the community lot first with everyone then I have to do the whole "ask to join group" scenario. Seems a lot of work just to take the family out to dinner.
Mad Poster
#5785 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

Does the taxi not ask who is included in the outing when you phone? I've never had a problem with that.
Forum Resident
#5786 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The Sim Blender also has the ability to randomize gender preference and I used to use it frequently on my old computer.

It doesn't work in my game anymore for some reason - instead of a range from 0 to 100% for each gender preference, I get a range from 0 to 2. This isn't a mod conflict because I tested with Sim Blender literally the only thing in my Downloads folder. ACR2's gender preference randomizer still seems to work just fine, but I really don't want to use ACR.

Silly question, but do you have the Sim Blender appropriate for the EPs you own? That's the only thing I can think of.

Mad Poster
#5787 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 9:22 PM

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1132
Scholar
#5788 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1132

Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#5789 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 2:53 AM
Roaches are so hard to see. Not that I have a serious problem but once in a while, a trash can gets kicked over and I might not see it for hours. I'd like to be able to see them or know about them via popup alert before free will and attraction lure sims out to stomp on them. Sometimes the lot lags but not always, and it's worse if it's nighttime.

A mod that gives 'em a radioactive glow would be hilarious, if such a thing existed.
Mad Poster
#5790 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 6:40 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 23rd Oct 2020 at 2:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity on 19th October
Does the taxi not ask who is included in the outing when you phone? I've never had a problem with that.
If the Sim phoning for a taxi isn't a member of an active group, then it will ask

[named Sim (the one Making the call)] [Multiple Sims] [Never Mind]

If you choose the named Sim, then it just sends him or her. If you choose [Multiple Sims], then it sends all the family, unless there are babies and/or toddlers in it. If there are babies and/or toddlers, then you have to select an adult, teen or elder to stay with them. I've never tried choosing [Never Mind], but I suspect it just cancels the taxi.

But if the Sim phoning for a taxi is a member of an active group, then it just sends the whole group -- or tries to. Those are the circumstances in which the taxi turns up, but my Sims won't get into it, claiming they have to stay for the children. I think it happens especially if I try to include non-family Sims in the group.

For example, in his rĂ´le as Antonio's live-in nanny, Berjes Wilsonoff was looking after Benedick and Beatrice while Antonio was at work. He wanted to take them out and meet up with his boyfriend Amar Larrea. So i used the telephone to set up a group comprised of the four of them. Berjes has a good relationship with them all. He used the 'phone again to arrange to meet the group on a community lot. But when the taxi came, we got the dialogue about having other responsibilities. And they didn't get out till Antonio came home.

Another one was a single father at home with his son. His son, a child, had another child (a girl) visiting, The father made up a group by asking his son to for a casual group -- just for fun. They then asked the girl to join the group. But again, when the taxi came, they couldn't get in.

But, a few days ago, as a test, I formed the Moore family (two adults, a teen and a child) into a casual group to go to their own shop. They did go. So maybe the vital factor is the inclusion of a Sim from outwith the family in the group. Whatever the details, I'm sure it's a bug. If all the children in the family are in the group travelling, then there should be no problem. And I'd definitely like a mod to fix it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#5791 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 11:22 AM
It's a small pet peeve, and it's rather specific to me, but you know, it's a peeve nonetheless.
I think everyone here knows that I tend to play in a particularly British-inspired game. You can get the aesthetics down perfectly but it's the little details that annoy me, like the cars driving on the wrong (to me, at least) side of the road, or external mailboxes instead of letter flaps in the door. I mean, at the end of the day, it's no biggie and it won't stop me from playing, of course. I can look past the cars and I can make mailboxes invisible. But the fact remains...the Sims is SO American!
Ah, I say this with love, though.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Theorist
#5792 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 11:47 AM
@didyouevenmakeasound
As a French player I can relate.:D
Mad Poster
#5793 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 3:27 PM
I was finding the cars going down the roads a huge peeve and the roads looking too modern until recently when I installed Mods that removed the cars going tdown the roads and replaced the modern roads with dirt for desert terrains.
Mad Poster
#5794 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 4:07 PM
For me, it's the lack of terraced housing that makes it so very American. I've got some row house apartment lots and fake single lot row houses, but it's not enough to mask the American suburbia.
Forum Resident
#5795 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
It's a small pet peeve, and it's rather specific to me, but you know, it's a peeve nonetheless.
I think everyone here knows that I tend to play in a particularly British-inspired game. You can get the aesthetics down perfectly but it's the little details that annoy me, like the cars driving on the wrong (to me, at least) side of the road, or external mailboxes instead of letter flaps in the door. I mean, at the end of the day, it's no biggie and it won't stop me from playing, of course. I can look past the cars and I can make mailboxes invisible. But the fact remains...the Sims is SO American!
Ah, I say this with love, though.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's also funny how the "British" localisation has American spelling. The only difference is that certain sim's names have been changed, new radio songs, and everyone makes a first BFF all the time (is this a bug exclusive to British English?)...

Doesn't bother me as the latter can be fixed with mods and the spelling is standard with most games I play anyway. It's not like it's hard to understand, it's just English with differences, it's just the fact that they call it a British localisation when it isn't.

Mad Poster
#5796 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 12:14 AM
Newspaper deliverer being unable to figure out what is the front door and just dumping the paper by the far side of the lot. Bruh can my Sims maybe not have to wade in snow for 20 minutes to get their paper in the morning. If you go forward a little bit you'll see this nice pathway made of stone, with a mailbox next to it, if you follow it I'm guessing odds are it'll take you to a door.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#5797 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 3:16 PM
Hi, @Gummilutt! Glad to see you back!
Mad Poster
#5798 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 5:33 PM
Found something new to annoy me today! When you hire a repairman to come and fix the broken shower and clogged toilet, then they show up just as one of the household decide to have a bath, do nothing, declare that everything's fixed and leave, charging you for the visit.
Mad Poster
#5799 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Found something new to annoy me today! When you hire a repairman to come and fix the broken shower and clogged toilet, then they show up just as one of the household decide to have a bath, do nothing, declare that everything's fixed and leave, charging you for the visit.

My sims must do it by themselves. "You broke it, you repair it" They don't need any skills for toilet and bath, just command them until it's done.
Theorist
#5800 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007

I always have a playable repairman or repairwoman in my hood. S/he gets paid when the job is done.
Page 232 of 274