Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26276 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Yes it is. It happened often for me. I discovered the culprit was macrotastics. When I removed it, the problem was fixed. But it also hasn't come back since I put it back in...

I don't have that. If it is a cc conflict why would it effect only 1 sim?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#26277 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Am I able to delete custom pants from my game if some of my sims are wearing them? If so, will the game just assign them another pair of pants? I found a default of the pants and would rather use that instead (and clear up some file count cause I still haven't fixed my limit on my Mac yet - as I've been too busy playing the game ).

No, don't do that! If you take off your pants...your butt will hang out.
JOKING...

Instructor
#26278 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 4:43 PM
Does anybody else notice that Nervous Subject seems to check his email waaaay more than any other sim does? Is this like programmed in or something?
Field Researcher
#26279 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 5:28 PM
Can you use the lot adjuster to make a lot on both sides of a street? Like a house or skyscraper with a road gallery in the center.
Mad Poster
#26280 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 9:08 PM
I built an apartment, then when I went to play it (with Sims) I noticed the toddler couldn't go to bed. I had created a room, but forgotten the door! So I used cheats to add the door. Toddler could go to bed, all fixed. NOT. I could not place or move any thing there, as though it was not being seen as part of the apartment. WHY? How to fix? This maybe belongs in another thread...?

Mad Poster
#26281 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 9:10 PM
Yeah, the bounds of the apartment are set when you move the sims in, you can't change that just by editing the sublot. If you want to change what is included in the apartment, you have to move everyone out, edit the base lot, and then move them back in again.
Forum Resident
#26282 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Does anybody else notice that Nervous Subject seems to check his email waaaay more than any other sim does? Is this like programmed in or something?

I mean, I did notice that. But I assumed it was because I had locked him in the basement and he had nothing better to do. That does seem like an interesting observation, though, I wonder what his go-to would be if the computer was taken away...
Instructor
#26283 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I wonder what his go-to would be if the computer was taken away...

He's got access to their whole house for me, so his go-to if he's far away from the computer seems to be cleaning the shower :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26284 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I built an apartment, then when I went to play it (with Sims) I noticed the toddler couldn't go to bed. I had created a room, but forgotten the door! So I used cheats to add the door. Toddler could go to bed, all fixed. NOT. I could not place or move any thing there, as though it was not being seen as part of the apartment. WHY? How to fix? This maybe belongs in another thread...?

Best to move them out, change the zoning and fix it, change zoning back and move them back in. I know a PITB, you can use cheats but I wouldn't, apartments are buggy things and using a cheat can send them into all kinds of bugginess.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#26285 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 2:35 AM Last edited by grammapat : 17th Feb 2021 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Best to move them out, change the zoning and fix it, change zoning back and move them back in. I know a PITB, you can use cheats but I wouldn't, apartments are buggy things and using a cheat can send them into all kinds of bugginess.

===
So by "fix it" I assume delete the door & wall, then rebuild it and change zoning back to apartment. Complicating things; this apartment is actually a duplex;, one of TWO apartments. So I would have to move out the other family also. And each family is about 20 people...

Mad Poster
#26286 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 3:02 AM
Yes, you have to move all families out. And you won't have to undo your changes because those changes were not made to the base lot, only to the temporary sublot that only exists when your sims are living there.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26287 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
===
So by "fix it" I assume delete the door & wall, then rebuild it and change zoning back to apartment. Complimenting things; this apartment is actually a duplex;, one of TWO apartments. So I would have to move out the other family also. And each family is about 20 people...

Unfortunately yes, because you want to change the base lot. You could make a backup and save and try a cheat, but be aware this only fixes their sublot and if it glitches then you might need to exit without saving or revert back to the backup.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#26288 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 2:42 PM
Why can't children use the hot tub? Hans Moltke wants to know.

Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#26289 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Why can't children use the hot tub? Hans Moltke wants to know.

The main reason must be overheating and children are too small to get seated there.

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/hot-tubs-safety#1
Instructor
#26290 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 4:23 PM
If you use hiders, what happens to sims who are wearing the hair/clothes you hide?
I'm swapping out my hair retextures but I can't find enough default replacements that I like for the one I'm switching to - so I was going to just hide all maxis hairs.
Will sims wearing them still have them til I change their appearance, or will they choose a random custom hair?
Field Researcher
#26291 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 7:09 AM
The bland wants issue is still persisting for me, is it possibly wfsanity by MATY? I tried sending them to community lots but it just reverts back to the bland wants. Family sims are not rolling wants to teach skills to their toddlers, fortune sims are not rolling wants to have their children enter private school or sell a best selling painting/novel when they max the creativity skill. Just simply always rolling "talk to" generic wants.

I don't understand how not playing a household for a few days wipes these wants completely. Any suggestions to fix this? Is it possibly any other mods?

Call me Seth!
Forum Resident
#26292 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 12:39 PM
How do you fix gapping on fencing? Sometimes when I replace a fence and put a new one down, the 'posts' of the fence are invisible which leaves weird gaps between each fence piece. If this has been answered elsewhere I don't know where

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Forum Resident
#26293 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 2:50 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 17th Feb 2021 at 9:30 PM.
Default File not uploading to MTS properly
So I was just in the upload section trying to upload sims and I was at step 6 where it checks your file for custom content and it said there was none

But there is CC in it, there are eyes by Bruno and several facekits by Rensim.

I re downloaded the file to check, and it all appears correctly in the cleanpack installer

is this normal? if so is it ok if I put the CC credit in the main text?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#26294 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
How do you fix gapping on fencing? Sometimes when I replace a fence and put a new one down, the 'posts' of the fence are invisible which leaves weird gaps between each fence piece. If this has been answered elsewhere I don't know where

Have you already tried saving after you remove the fence and reloading the lot? Worked for me.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#26295 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
So I was just in the upload section trying to upload and I was at step 6 where it checks your file for custom content and it said there was none

But there is CC in it, there are eyes by Bruno and several facekits by Rensim.

I re downloaded the file to check, and it all appears correctly in the cleanpack installer

is this normal? if so is it ok if I put the CC credit in the main text?

This happens to me too. Just manually type the links into the description.
They (Tash/Admins) are working on a new Upload Manager - I think it will be fixed when the new one is released. So, until then, type away

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#26296 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 5:01 PM
I built a new hood, having problem clearing "flora" (pieces of road and fences!); I used "boolprop displayNeighborhoodFlora false", but every time I go to hood view, the flora are back. What is wrong? There are also way too many random trees; they didn't stay gone either.

Forum Resident
#26297 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 6:00 PM
Out of curiosity is there a fix for sims that have an impeccable reputation that keep rolling wants to get a good reputation. It's annoying and they get unearned aspiration bonuses. Or is this just an issue in my game?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#26298 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Out of curiosity is there a fix for sims that have an impeccable reputation that keep rolling wants to get a good reputation. It's annoying and they get unearned aspiration bonuses. Or is this just an issue in my game?

I have that problem and the opposite: the pixels who have the worst reputations want the worst reputation! They are so silly, those pixels!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#26299 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 10:55 PM
@Mischief Managed--I'm amazed that you got that problem. Back when I tried uploading things to MTS I had the opposite--I'd upload a lot with no CC and it would find CC that didn't exist!
My random question--is there a way to change the season on a lot? I feel like there should be, and I know there's an aspiration reward, but I need this for fresh-out-of-CAS sims to sync them with the rest of the 'hood. Got Seasons with UC so I never got the little booklet guide.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26300 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
My random question--is there a way to change the season on a lot? I feel like there should be, and I know there's an aspiration reward, but I need this for fresh-out-of-CAS sims to sync them with the rest of the 'hood. Got Seasons with UC so I never got the little booklet guide.
SimWardrobe's Seasons & Weather Controller.
https://simfileshare.net/folder/87861/
Page 1052 of 1345