Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26426 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Can you set produce for sale in a home business?
Like if Leod McGreggor starts a home business can he sell the stuff he harvests?

Home retail and entertainment businesses work exactly like community lot ones, except they can't be visited on from another active lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#26427 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
I've already removed nocrybabies but haven't removed lesswhiny because it also mentioned that its a fix for teens always leaving. I'm wondering if lesswhiny also removes the crying after the sim passed away.. Something I like cause it actually showed some form of depression after you lost a loved one.

Ok status update on removing the lesswhiny: an elder sim passed away from old age and all the things I noticed were missing (i.e. crying softly when they pass away with grim reaper present [and hula zombies] and spots of crying after every action afterwards) returned so far. I am just curious to know what bug fix was coupled in with this mod and if there's another way to find a fix for it.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#26428 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 11:29 PM
Yes. But if you want to sell produce, I recommend getting Paladin's produce packing station and possible BO's adjusted yields mod.
Mad Poster
#26429 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Ok status update on removing the lesswhiny: an elder sim passed away from old age and all the things I noticed were missing (i.e. crying softly when they pass away with grim reaper present [and hula zombies] and spots of crying after every action afterwards) returned so far. I am just curious to know what bug fix was coupled in with this mod and if there's another way to find a fix for it.

As far as I can tell, what it does is lower the points at which sims start to complain about motive distress and make it so that sims don't react to memories if they're busy with something else, and that might actually be it.
Lab Assistant
#26430 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 1:16 AM
Are Sims 2 let's plays and stories not a thing anymore ?
Alchemist
#26431 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 1:19 AM
Did the forum get updated? Suddenly the links to the last post in a thread are gone. ...Or is it just me?

Annaminna and Jo, thanks for the feedback!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26432 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Did the forum get updated? Suddenly the links to the last post in a thread are gone. ...Or is it just me?

Annaminna and Jo, thanks for the feedback!

Not just you, it's gone for me too. :/

Quote: Originally posted by @CoffeenSimming
Are Sims 2 let's plays and stories not a thing anymore ?

They are still around. Check out Pleasantsims and TeaAddict.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#26433 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Check out Pleasantsims and TeaAddict.

I don't know who TeaAddict is but Cindy/Pleasantsims made a video a while ago saying she felt let's plays were dead and that she probably wouldn't do them anymore because she's found that one-off videos tend to do better on her and several others' channels.
I kind of agree, like lilsimsie, vixella, plumbella, james, deli, like none of them really do let's plays anymore.

Someone that does still do sims 2 lets plays that I absolutely adore is Marticore. She's doing a legacy challenge and a custom hood she made. But she does a lot of jump cuts and only shows the stuff that matters so it's not like a super traditional lets play style.

I think a lot simmer youtubers are doing what Cindy said and doing the one-off videos on youtube, but then they're doing lets plays (or just normally playing) on stream on twitch instead. I like that Cindy uploads her streams and then I can just watch a bit here and there over several days.
Lab Assistant
#26434 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:40 AM
I need some help regarding uni/main hood age syncing, particularly between sims who do go to college and those who don't- In my current Pleasantview I'm still ironing out the kinks in my wants based play and so the Pleasant twins ended up failing high school and couldn't go to college.. (in fact, Angela had an F and Lilith had a D, oof), now I know for a fact Dirk and Dustin will probably go to college because I played them differently but I just don't know what to do about keeping their ages in sync.. Any tips for this situation in general?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26435 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by @CASnarl
I don't know who TeaAddict is

TeaAddict is an Aussie simmer who plays and uploads mostly sims 2 and 1. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe...isbO8MepZLrkUSw

Quote: Originally posted by @CosmicEcho
I need some help regarding uni/main hood age syncing, particularly between sims who do go to college and those who don't- In my current Pleasantview I'm still ironing out the kinks in my wants based play and so the Pleasant twins ended up failing high school and couldn't go to college.. (in fact, Angela had an F and Lilith had a D, oof), now I know for a fact Dirk and Dustin will probably go to college because I played them differently but I just don't know what to do about keeping their ages in sync.. Any tips for this situation in general?

All my sims become young adults because I play it as an age range not just as a uni sideline. So if that had happened in my game Angela and Lilith would have been YA in the main hood for 10 days while D&D would be in the uni hood for 10 days. All have 10 days no matter where or what they are doing. I use semester changes and Squinges college pack, the sim blender and the YA job tracker. YA don't have to do uni.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#26436 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:54 AM
TeaAddict is an Aussie simmer who plays and uploads mostly sims 2 and 1. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe...isbO8MepZLrkUSw

All my sims become young adults because I play it as an age range not just as a uni sideline. So if that had happened in my game Angela and Lilith would have been YA in the main hood for 10 days while D&D would be in the uni hood for 10 days. All have 10 days no matter where or what they are doing. I use semester changes and Squinges college pack, the sim blender and the YA job tracker.

Thank youu, but I'm mainly looking for a vanilla solution right now as I am playing without mods currently.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26437 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicEcho
Thank youu, but I'm mainly looking for a vanilla solution right now as I am playing without mods currently.

You will have to leave them unplayed or turn off their ageing.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#26438 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:58 AM
You will have to leave them unplayed or turn off their ageing.

Hmm interesting, would you say moving them to the sim bin until students of their age move back to the main hood could be a good strategy?
Mad Poster
#26439 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Nope, that's in the Creator Issues forum, which is a subforum of the Site Issues forum. Go here and post:
https://modthesims.info/f/24/
(If you look at the URL of your post, it is /f/492)
The Site issues forum is public, so it can be seen by all users of MTS and all staff members. The Creators Issues subforum is specific to you and your queue moderators, but as you are getting no response there, post in the Site Issues forum about it and the appropriate people will see it. It is entirely possible that the moderator who was dealing with your upload has not logged onto the site for a while.

Thanks. I've tried reposting.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26440 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:59 AM
Hmm interesting, would you say moving them to the sim bin until students of their age move back to the main hood could be a good strategy?

You could do that but if you are playing vanilla you won't be able to call them.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#26441 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 8:51 AM
You could do that but if you are playing vanilla you won't be able to call them.
If they buy mobile 'phones (cellphones) before you put them in the bin, you should still be able to 'phone them when they're in the Sim bin.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26442 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
If they buy mobile 'phones (cellphones) before you put them in the bin, you should still be able to 'phone them when they're in the Sim bin.

Good point Andrew.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#26443 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 4:30 PM
From the point of view of the game, one part of an age stage is exactly like another. And people age at different rates. And there's such a thing as elixir of life.

So my advice is not to stress much about keeping ages in synch.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#26444 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 6:30 PM

Your best vanilla solution would probably be to play Angela and Lilith with aging turned off until the boys graduate. IRL, people who don't go to college have a few extra years in employment; aging off would not only keep the girls the right age for their intended husbands, but would also simulate that RL situation. If there are likely to be other teens who don't make the grade, you could set up a house as a YMCA and create an adult or elder Sim to buy and 'manage' the property. That way, YAs could move in and out without have to buy a place.

Other options would be the Sim Bin or a house you just don't play, but having Sims vanish for a while never feels right to me (unless you want a head canon story about them doing volunteer work overseas in lieu of university). Or you could play the boys straight through university in one sitting, but then you'd have to do that with everyone who went to uni to keep all ages in synch, and vanilla university is looooonnnnggg!
Instructor
#26445 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 10:55 PM
So... Betty Goldstein and Consort Capp... ye or ne?

She wants to marry a rich sim, and I kid you not all the other eligible single rich men are gay.

Although, Betty's bi. But there's no eligible rich single women.
Mad Poster
#26446 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 11:13 PM
Why not?

Instructor
#26447 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Why not?

They've got two bolts for me, which is about as good as it gets in my game. Just was curious if anybody else has put them together to know if they make a good couple or not.

Her other option is General Buzz, so, idk I think Consort would suit her better
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26448 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 12:16 AM
@AndrewGloria can you clear your pm box? I got told it is full.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#26449 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 12:21 AM
Default quesrion
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Why not?
Do you mean "Why not pair up with Consort Capp?" or "Why are there no eligible rich single women?"

If the former, only CASnarl can tell you. But in my experience, if she likes him well enough, and is tough enough to stand up to him, I would echo that: Why, indeed, not? Long ago Tybalt said to me, "Don't worry about Consort. He's just a paper tiger." And, while he could act tough outside, at Capp Manor I just watched the three teens run rings round him. When I saw 6 teens, some of them half naked, in his private en-suite bathroom, I knew it wasn't Consort who ran the Manor.

But if it's the second question "Why are there no eligible rich single women?", then I'm afraid that's the $64,000 question. I suspect the words "glass" and "ceiling" may figure in the answer. But, when I think about it, it's true in my game too. Certainly in Veronaville, and I think in my other 'hoods too. All the rich eligible Sims seem to be male. In the short term I'll blame Maxis. But I suspect there's something more fundamental at work here. Maybe it's something I ought to be doing something about. Mind you in my game there are few less eligible rich Sims now than there were a few weeks ago. Because a lot of them just got married.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#26450 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 1:38 AM
Random question as I'm having a discussion with somebody else:

Has your Non-Family aspiration Sims ever rolled the want to "Have a Baby" and if so, was the wants value ever 5,000 aspiration points and not 8,000 aspiration points? I'm not talking about a fear which is the same value. Family aspiration sims I find will always have this want with the 8,000 point value but other aspirations may show the lower value want.

Call me Seth!
Page 1058 of 1339