Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:11 PM
Hairstyle changes eye color?
Hello! I've tried retexturing this one hair, and have had this problem for a while. I tried cloning multiple hairs, with both S3OC and tsr workshop, and I still get this issue. When I put on this particular hair, it overlays itself on the iris, and makes it solid with the hair color. The original hair that can be found here , does not have this bug. Does anyone know how to solve this? Any help would be appreciated. I've attached the file below.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Donna Hair Retexture eye problem.zip (5.16 MB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 11:56 AM Last edited by mirabellarose : 19th Jul 2021 at 2:47 PM.
Did you change the UV map of the hair?

Edit: I don't know a whole lot about making hair, just so you know upfront. However, I do know that usually if something is picking up texture from something else, in the case of clothing at least, it's because there are UV islands overlapping other areas of the CAS map. This is the CAS map, by the way.

I cloned and looked at an EA hair and it doesn't look like the hair UVs are supposed to go somewhere on a CAS map, which would explain why I could not find a CAS map for hair anywhere. I Googled for 2 hours looking for this thing that doesn't exist, dang it!

The only thing I could find that might help is where someone had lipstick changing the eye's color and it was because the DDS needed to be saved properly. I don't know if a hair's texture has an alpha channel or not. I forgot to look when I cloned the EA hair. If the texture has an alpha channel, you should save it as DXT5 Interpolated Alpha. If no alpha then save as DXT1 No Alpha. I'm 90% sure you'd need to flatten the image before saving. Hope this helps.

Edit: Here is the link where the lipstick issue is discussed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirabellarose
Did you change the UV map of the hair?

Edit: I don't know a whole lot about making hair, just so you know upfront. However, I do know that usually if something is picking up texture from something else, in the case of clothing at least, it's because there are UV islands overlapping other areas of the CAS map. This is the CAS map, by the way.

I cloned and looked at an EA hair and it doesn't look like the hair UVs are supposed to go somewhere on a CAS map, which would explain why I could not find a CAS map for hair anywhere. I Googled for 2 hours looking for this thing that doesn't exist, dang it!

The only thing I could find that might help is where someone had lipstick changing the eye's color and it was because the DDS needed to be saved properly. I don't know if a hair's texture has an alpha channel or not. I forgot to look when I cloned the EA hair. If the texture has an alpha channel, you should save it as DXT5 Interpolated Alpha. If no alpha then save as DXT1 No Alpha. I'm 90% sure you'd need to flatten the image before saving. Hope this helps.

Edit: Here is the link where the lipstick issue is discussed.

Hi! It is a retexture, and the mesh was unchanged. I replaced the textures with just a solid red square, and the problem is still there. I am totally clueless.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 5:34 PM
Is there a reason the hair is set up like it has an accessory/hat? I noticed that it has a hat texture and a second mesh that only has a few faces in it

Have you tried cloning a hair that doesn't have an accessory and deleting the group that only has 3 faces?

- Semi-active simblr - Daniel Pleasant's blog -