Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No more bassinet! Baby sim in transparent bassinet with optional bear visual anchor (3 colors) Functional with CC cribs (Vampire & RoM supported)

by PandaC Posted 24th Jan 2020 at 5:28 PM - Updated 13th Feb 2020 at 1:51 PM by PandaC

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayu_Ravenwing
No Problem, was just seeing it as i was testing your mod, that it was the one that was missing and was wondering. Just take the time you need.

The file has now been updated to include Aliens! And the Alien bassinets are in the kids furniture section as well.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 9:38 PM
This is great, thank you <3 I'd love to see a small blanket instead of the bear, though. Either way, this is lovely :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 3:43 AM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 29th Jan 2020 at 3:58 AM.
So excited! I've tried both of the other two crib mods out there. I think both do the leg thing if I recall, Liko's is broken, and the newer version has the footprint issue with the deco cribs. It's fixable by deleting the footprint, but then sims walk through the crib -_-
This however is perfect! It sounds like you do not have any footprint issues, the baby will show correctly as a head not legs, AND the teddy is such an elegant solution to not seeing the crib! Now I just have to revert all the cribs I've removed the footprint from to stop that nasty Mom and Dad walking through the baby thing!

[Edit]: Also fogot to mention, that I love how you're including all the Occult Bassinets and the Hospital Bassinet as well. Definitely a step up from previous crib mods!
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PandaC
The file has now been updated to include Aliens! And the Alien bassinets are in the kids furniture section as well.

Tank you!!!!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 5:14 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to every one for such kind comments, I was really nervous about uploading this mod since it was the first thing one I've ever done. I had never even heard of blender or Sims 4 studio prior to beginning this mod so I was afraid that it was basically going to blow up everyones game, even though I had tested it 1000x's. I basically made it because I wanted to use a CC bassinet and when I went looking for a mod I came upon others like me looking for the same thing. So I wondered how hard it could be, turns out harder than I initially thought but some how still managed. XD

So again, thank you for all the wonderful comments, they mean a lot to me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 3:49 PM
Thank you so much, PandaC, for this. I really appreciate the work that you've put into updating this, and how you've taken on board feedback that's been given to you. You're so kind, and so gracious in the way you've responded to everyone with feedback, too. I know I definitely would have appreciated your version for having the "anchor", especially, even if the other one(s) had been working, as once I placed one of the completely invisible ones, I was never again able to pick it up except when the baby was on it - making it hard to remove once the baby became a toddler. I'm so glad you decided to share your creation!
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 2:53 PM
Hi! I really like the idea of this mod, but I can't get it to work. The Bassinet always gets in the way of the baby so I cannot take care of it. I removed all other mods but this one and its add-ons, started a new save, and I am still having this problem. When I had my sim give birth in the invisible bassinet, the baby actually jumped forward a square from where I had placed the invisible bassinet originally, so it was floating in front of the cc crib. I'm not sure what else to do here. Any suggestions?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 10:23 AM

We are back to the sims 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kfroguar
Hi! I really like the idea of this mod, but I can't get it to work. The Bassinet always gets in the way of the baby so I cannot take care of it. I removed all other mods but this one and its add-ons, started a new save, and I am still having this problem. When I had my sim give birth in the invisible bassinet, the baby actually jumped forward a square from where I had placed the invisible bassinet originally, so it was floating in front of the cc crib. I'm not sure what else to do here. Any suggestions?

Heya! So it's always going to do that jump, it had something to do with the geometry states of the object (so from bassinet, to bassinet with baby) I'm pretty sure I even had it fixed at one point but it caused a problem between the 2nd and 3rd geometry state @_@

The way that this mod is able to work is that the baby is offset from the footprint by a little, just enough that it doesn't cause an interaction issue with the sims, so if you grab onto baby and hold alt so that it stops snapping to the grid, you should be able to move it into a position where the baby is in the crib but the sim is able to interact with it. I know its a bit of an inconvenience to have to move the baby after birth/having placed the original invisible bassinet, but Sims 4 Studio only lets you get so deep into the geometry states.

If that doesn't solve your issue just let me know, let me know what CC crib you have downloaded and I can test it out and see whats up
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 12:45 AM
I should have asked this before, but would this conflict with baby skin replacements?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 12:59 AM Last edited by PandaC : 13th Feb 2020 at 1:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AbbyTheOddie
I should have asked this before, but would this conflict with baby skin replacements?

Edit: I was corrected on this, it actually doesn't effect the mod at all as long as the CC creator has done it properly

Unfortunately yes because baby and bassinet count as a single object so they are one mesh.
I should update my description to reflect that, thank you for pointing it out!
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 12:23 PM
Heya! So it's always going to do that jump, it had something to do with the geometry states of the object (so from bassinet, to bassinet with baby) I'm pretty sure I even had it fixed at one point but it caused a problem between the 2nd and 3rd geometry state @_@

The way that this mod is able to work is that the baby is offset from the footprint by a little, just enough that it doesn't cause an interaction issue with the sims, so if you grab onto baby and hold alt so that it stops snapping to the grid, you should be able to move it into a position where the baby is in the crib but the sim is able to interact with it. I know its a bit of an inconvenience to have to move the baby after birth/having placed the original invisible bassinet, but Sims 4 Studio only lets you get so deep into the geometry states.

If that doesn't solve your issue just let me know, let me know what CC crib you have downloaded and I can test it out and see whats up

Hey! Thanks for responding. So I did what you suggested, but even with the deco versions of the cribs that you included I am having trouble finding a position where the baby doesn't have significant crib clipping while remaining accessible. If I turn the crib 90 degrees it gets better but there is still some clipping. (i've actually had more luck with 3rd party cc cribs). Not sure what I am doing wrong. Obviously this is not game breaking or anything, just a minor annoyance. Still using the Mod, anyway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 2:09 AM Last edited by PandaC : 12th Feb 2020 at 2:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kfroguar
Hey! Thanks for responding. So I did what you suggested, but even with the deco versions of the cribs that you included I am having trouble finding a position where the baby doesn't have significant crib clipping while remaining accessible. If I turn the crib 90 degrees it gets better but there is still some clipping. (i've actually had more luck with 3rd party cc cribs). Not sure what I am doing wrong. Obviously this is not game breaking or anything, just a minor annoyance. Still using the Mod, anyway.

Alright after reading this I went and tested some things and I actually figured out the problem, and I think its hilarious that no one has pointed it out until now probably because the reason everyone downloads this mod is to use it for 3rd party CC cribs. So I went back and took a closer look at the base game bassinets I included and realized a dumb mistake I had made. It wasn't showing up for me until I removed everything from my folders and tested it. When I originally did my testing I must have tested just the invisible bassinet in the game without mods or CC but not the original default bassinets, so one of my CC cribs was actually making the default crib work properly.

I fixed it up, tested it sans CC and mods and it works properly across all default deco cribs! If you re-download the updated file you'll be good to go.

Thank you for letting me know about this issue! I appreciate it!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 7:00 AM
Unfortunately yes because baby and bassinet count as a single object so they are one mesh.

I actually use a baby skin replacement just fine with this mod. Only thing is the portrait at the bottom doesn't reflect the cc skin. I've had no issues with my sims babies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YourFalseHope
I actually use a baby skin replacement just fine with this mod. Only thing is the portrait at the bottom doesn't reflect the cc skin. I've had no issues with my sims babies.

Really? Can you link me to the one you use just so I can see how it works. The texture for babies are in the same mesh as the bassinet so that's surprising, I'm curious to see how they got around that.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 5:51 PM Last edited by YourFalseHope : 12th Feb 2020 at 6:03 PM.
Really? Can you link me to the one you use just so I can see how it works? The texture for babies are in the same mesh as the bassinet so that's surprising, I'm curious to see how they got around that.
Yes sure. https://lavieensims.tumblr.com/post...ng-to-update-my Included a pic as well of his newborn. He has no issues caring for her either. I've used this skin and others with the other 2 crib replacement mods for as long as I can remember. And the baby is included in those as well. I think silverhammer's is the one that fixes the whole decapitated floating baby leg thing. But their mod didn't play nice with cc cribs and would route fail my sim if I didn't use a decor base game crib.

Edit: You're probably better looking at silverhammer's version of this mod then the skin itself as their page for shows a cc skin in use as well as it reflects the skin in the portrait in-game.[https://silverhammersims.tumblr.com...invisible-crib]
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 1:47 PM
Yes sure. https://lavieensims.tumblr.com/post...ng-to-update-my Included a pic as well of his newborn. He has no issues caring for her either. I've used this skin and others with the other 2 crib replacement mods for as long as I can remember. And the baby is included in those as well. I think silverhammer's is the one that fixes the whole decapitated floating baby leg thing. But their mod didn't play nice with cc cribs and would route fail my sim if I didn't use a decor base game crib.

Edit: You're probably better looking at silverhammer's version of this mod then the skin itself as their page for shows a cc skin in use as well as it reflects the skin in the portrait in-game.[https://silverhammersims.tumblr.com...invisible-crib]

ahhhh Okay so they're literally just using the textures and putting them in the game, its still made as an override using the bassinet but it takes out everything to do with the bassinet so its only overriding the baby textures. Interesting! Guess I can take that out as a conflict then. I assumed it would conflict because I know that the bassinet re-textures conflict, but I guess that means theoretically if someone wanted to make the base game bassinet recolour they could do that too using the same method? I'm still learning XD lol I never made anything prior to this mod, never heard of sims 4 studio or blender so I'm just consistently learning how things work within the sims now.

The portraits were a whole monster, the reason why they get messed up is because some of the items in game have their thumbnails generated instead of being just an upload. Babies being one of them probably because mixing genes creates so many different outcomes, I made a list of them all, its a ridiculous amount plus different sizes. This usually isn't a problem but because the babys rig has to be shifted by about .5 in order to have the sims still be able to interact with it, it threw the portraits off by .5 which is why you see the lower half instead of the upper half. On most items you can actually adjust where the picture is taken but because the picture is taken in a completely different geometry state for the babies it was far harder to access. I tried for hours. EA actually did something in their most recent update that fixed this for most of the portraits, they must have added it as part of the games package or something, but not for all of them, so I figured out a work around for the rest of them. I had an entire separate package I was going to include called "anti-baby legs" until EAs update XD
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 6:37 AM Last edited by AbbyTheOddie : 16th Feb 2020 at 9:54 PM.
Edit: I was corrected on this, it actually doesn't effect the mod at all as long as the CC creator has done it properly

Ahh I see! Looks like i'll have to do some CC shopping for new baby skins . Thanks for the reply!

Edit: I figured out the problem! Turns out it had something to do with the way my mods folders loaded. Since all of my mods are in organized folders, I had the baby skins in "Skins" (which loads last) and the invisible cribs in "Buy Mode" (which loads almost first). So, I made a "Baby" folder and put them both in there and it worked! . Thought I'd let anyone know in case they had the same issue.
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 1:18 AM
Ok, so ive been using your version and it is GREAT! However, is there a way to delete the fully invisible one after use is done (baby grows into toddler)? I can put a toddler bed where the invisible crib was placed, however, since it does not delete with crib, my toddler doesn't want to use her bed there with the invisible interference.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marceltheschell
Ok, so ive been using your version and it is GREAT! However, is there a way to delete the fully invisible one after use is done (baby grows into toddler)? I can put a toddler bed where the invisible crib was placed, however, since it does not delete with crib, my toddler doesn't want to use her bed there with the invisible interference.

That's the only problem with the invisible mod, it's why I suggest in the description that before aging up to colour back to a bear anchor so you can delete it because if its invisible theres no way of picking it back up.
But fear not! Lol. All you really have to do is just temporarily remove my mod to like your desktop go back into your game and you should be able to see the regular bassinet delete it, save game, then put my mod back in and continue on.
Inconvenient, yes, but it's the only work around I can think of that doesnt include demolishing an entire room. XD
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 9:52 PM
Hi! I love your mod so much! I used it 2 days and everything was good. My sim unexpectedly pregnant and i was need to return the bassinet (by Severinka) and put your "bear" in it again. Buut instead of "bear" I began to see the crib. I tried to remove your mod from my Mods folder (your mod located in a separate folder, all files in the same folder) and bring it back. It didn't help. What did I do wrong? I will be very grateful for your help! Thanks! ♥

Screen is attached.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Valeria_S
Hi! I love your mod so much! I used it 2 days and everything was good. My sim unexpectedly pregnant and i was need to return the bassinet (by Severinka) and put your "bear" in it again. Buut instead of "bear" I began to see the crib. I tried to remove your mod from my Mods folder (your mod located in a separate folder, all files in the same folder) and bring it back. It didn't help. What did I do wrong? I will be very grateful for your help! Thanks! ♥

Screen is attached.

Sorry for the late response, I will try to help.
I notice that your baby has a custom outfit on and the crib it is in is also different from the games default. The custom content that you have to change the baby's clothing is also a crib mod and conflicts with mine, if you take that out my mod should work again.

Please let me know if that works
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 9:03 PM
ive been trying to do this for my game but i jus dont understand what i am doing wrong, i have tried 3 invisible cribs but each one my baby is invisible! so annoying. if anyone knows what im doing wrong i would love some help! thankyou
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slf88
ive been trying to do this for my game but i jus dont understand what i am doing wrong, i have tried 3 invisible cribs but each one my baby is invisible! so annoying. if anyone knows what im doing wrong i would love some help! thankyou

My first suggestion would be to take out all mods and CC you currently have in your mods folder, then start the game, make sure baby is visible with just base game nothing extra. Then if that turns out okay, add in the invisible bassinet mod per instructions (i.e Make sure they're not more than one folder deep in the mods folder). Then relaunch your game and check baby again. That's the best way to see if you have a conflicting mod/CC that doesn't work with the bassinet mod, which is usually the issue.

If baby is visible and crib is invisible then its a matter of figuring out what is the conflicting mod/CC and depending on how many you have its like looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes.
Test Subject
#50 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 10:31 PM
I removed the only other crib mod, but for some reason this still won't show up in my catalog. I could cry.

Malibu
Page 2 of 6