Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Hanging with the Gnomies
#8476 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Sims can get yelled at for stealing gnomes.

Of course! It's not polite to steal us. We have feelings too you know!

Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
Sims can steal gnomes?

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
My sims usually came back with 2 gnomes. They took one more for compensation.

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
With full and gleeful abandon. It's a siren call to them. "Steal me! I'm a gnome!"

This kind of talk has to stop!
Advertisement
Theorist
#8477 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 2:38 PM
That the cutscene for a baby growing up during a birthday party is really cute. Well it was a long time since I've done one.
Sims can invite themselves to a party.
Sims can leave a house naked when the party ends while they're taking a bath. I smited him with Simmanipulator to make him leave the party, he went to the bathroom instead.
Theorist
#8478 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 5:32 PM
Teens can slap their parents.
Mad Poster
#8479 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 6:41 PM
Andrew says, "I'd never slap my mum."

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#8480 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 8:20 PM
Because Andrew has a good mom. I can think of many teenagers who would and should slap their parents sometimes.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#8481 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Teens can slap their parents.

If you have OFB or later, a mod is required for teens to be able to slap, poke, fight, etc. with older sims. According to Hexagonal-Bipyramid, Maxis disabled negative interactions between teens and older sims starting with OFB.

If you have these interactions but don't want them in your game, you may have one of these two mods in your Downloads folder.

Squinge - "Fight Anyone Anytime"
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,10576.0.html

Hexagonal-Bipyramid - "Mean interactions to any age"
https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr....ions-to-any-age
https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr....ions-to-any-age (this version adds werewolf "savage" interaction)
Theorist
#8482 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 10:51 AM
@RoxEllen1965
I have all EPs. I found out that I have the mean interactions to any age mod in my game. I totally forgot about it. Thanks for your input.
Well, I'm going to keep it but I was so shocked when Avani slapped her father.
(Un)fortunately I had to revert to a back up because of Mayor Rivest and her husband stuck at the City hall with no way to return home (I tried everything I could think of).
So in this current Simverse, Avani didn't slap his dad.
Mad Poster
#8483 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 12:42 PM
I have all EPs. I found out that I have the mean interactions to any age mod in my game. I totally forgot about it. Thanks for your input.

I'm glad that I could help. I know how hard it can be to remember exactly what mods are in the game, especially when we've been playing for so long and have accumulated so much stuff in the Downloads folder.
Theorist
#8484 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 1:04 PM
It's sometimes hard for me to remember who's who in my hood. I currently have almost 90 sims and I play on and off but I'm reconnecting with them slightly.
I recently add a mod which allows the simmer to know who will come along with an invited sim. Said sim asked "can I bring Garance?" and I was like "Hum, who is Garance?"
Garance is the Mayor of my hood.
Forum Resident
#8485 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 10:18 PM
That's why I rename my houses after the sims that live there. Easier to find when you're looking for names.
Forum Resident
#8486 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 5:57 AM
I have over 600 sims and recognize the name of nearly every playable child and above. I wish I had this kind of memory when it came to useful skills.
Theorist
#8487 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
That's why I rename my houses after the sims that live there. Easier to find when you're looking for names.

I don't know if I understand correct. My households are named after the head of the household but I have no way to know where everysim lives.
For example, Garance is the head of her household but I did draw a blank though.

Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I have over 600 sims and recognize the name of nearly every playable child and above. I wish I had this kind of memory when it came to useful skills.

@inspiredzone
600 sims! I'm impressed. Do you play a uberhood?
Mad Poster
#8488 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 8:36 PM
I don't name the houses in the neighborhood-I rename the family names in SimPE, to show which people live there, such as
1. Darrell Walton.
2. Brian Sherman
Etc.
When someone moves out of the household into their own, I go back into SimPE and change the family name and number to the one in SimPE.
The advantage of this is that it shows up in Pescados Sync Lot timer that way, and you can keep better track of which household you're playing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#8489 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 1:33 AM
inspiredzone
600 sims! I'm impressed. Do you play a uberhood?

No, just a large hood on generation 6+.
Theorist
#8490 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I don't name the houses in the neighborhood-I rename the family names in SimPE, to show which people live there, such as
1. Darrell Walton.
2. Brian Sherman
Etc.
When someone moves out of the household into their own, I go back into SimPE and change the family name and number to the one in SimPE.
The advantage of this is that it shows up in Pescados Sync Lot timer that way, and you can keep better track of which household you're playing.

Agreed. I'm doing so minus adding a number in front of the family name. I don't play in a special order even if my rotations start with my farming family.
I often follow the stories as they unfold.
@FranH
I assume the family loading screen shows "The family 1. Darrell Walton"?

No, just a large hood on generation 6+.

It must be interesting regarding genetics. I love this aspect of the game.

I discover that my adult males are attracted by my elders female.
No wonder when I have 30 males for 22 females, most of the latter being in a relationship.
Mad Poster
#8491 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 9:11 AM Last edited by FranH : 2nd Sep 2020 at 12:33 PM.
Yes, the loading screen will say that:
"loading the 1. Darrell Walton Family".

I could do without the number, but it helps because I do believe in strict rotational play. I'm a micromanager!

Discovery (for me): that pets like to watch TV and they have fun doing it. Sarah Bishop's cat, Fluffy sat watching TV with her and enjoyed it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#8492 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:37 PM
Excuse me I was thinking in French.
I don't think I manage my sims too much except when they're sick.

Sonny asked Sidonia for a date. She rejected it.
I didn't expect that since they're best friends. I'm wondering why. They're one bolt.
Scholar
#8493 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 7:33 PM
This isn't a vanilla game discovery as it involves the "Gussy Up" mod. If you are going to use it to change how any of your tourist's look (who wears a business suit to the beach?) don't do it on your hotel lot. Because it temporarily adds them to your family it messes up their "checked in" status. What it does is gives the rest of the tourist access to a room. This can be funny but if you are like me and put mini-fridges in rooms it can also be expensive and eventually annoying.
Theorist
#8494 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 8:59 PM
Excuse me I was thinking in French.
I don't think I manage my sims too much except when they're sick.

Sonny asked Sidonia for a date. She rejected it.
I didn't expect that since they're best friends. I'm wondering why. They're one bolt.

Well, she knew better than me. She's already in love with somesim else.
Forum Resident
#8495 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 4:12 AM
Well, I'll be gobsmacked! After having played Sims 2 for many years I just today discovered how a Sim can mend a couples relationship! Over in Widespot Daytona Beech had become very concerned about her son's failing. and perhaps completely broken marriage, that she resorted to reading the Couples Counseling book. I mean, that marriage was a mess! (If you've played Widespot you will know how this could happen). So, Daytona, having no idea if this would work, had a talk with her son and then with his estranged wife. The marriage, while not completely out of danger, was salvaged enough to make it possible for the couple to both want to settle thier differences. (Most encouraging to have succeeded at something even in a game!!)
Forum Resident
#8496 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 4:58 PM
A sim joining the family via marriage does not fulfill the "New Sim Joins Family" want. Poor Roman Salvatore was an only child of an elderly single mom and all he wanted was that one last big want before he aged up to adult. And when his mom married his stepdad- nada. I cheated to fulfill the want because that's crap- they clearly get the "Sim Joins Family" memory.
Field Researcher
#8497 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 8:51 PM
A sim joining the family via marriage does not fulfill the "New Sim Joins Family" want. Poor Roman Salvatore was an only child of an elderly single mom and all he wanted was that one last big want before he aged up to adult. And when his mom married his stepdad- nada. I cheated to fulfill the want because that's crap- they clearly get the "Sim Joins Family" memory.

I always cheat to fulfill a want when it's clearly a glitch, or unfair. Like if a Sim wants a baby, and they adopt.
Mad Poster
#8498 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
I always cheat to fulfill a want when it's clearly a glitch, or unfair. Like if a Sim wants a baby, and they adopt.

Have/Adopt Child Want Fix by TwoJeffs
Quote: Originally posted by TwoJeffs
This hack removes the distinction between having or adopting a child as far as wants are concerned. Any sim with a want to adopt that has a baby born will have the adopt want satisfied. Works the other way around as well.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0
Field Researcher
#8499 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 2:35 AM
This isn't exactly a new discovery, but I was just thinking about it.

I would not be happy without a Community Lot that was a Gay Club. Of course, my gay and bi Sims go to whatever lot they want and have a great time, but in Pleasantview, the Lulu Lounge bans all straight Sims.

Of course, just as I am praising my club where I know my gay Sims can find their love interests, Kea - who lives with elder Gretchen, and Gina Caliente, who has been in a relationship with Lori Carr since high school, have just fallen in love while Alexander Goth is out on a date with his husband. Thanks a lot, ACR
Forum Resident
#8500 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 4:46 AM
My Lulu Lounge is a gay club too!
Page 340 of 445