Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shop from inventory - Updated for Patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:11 AM by ani_

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
#151 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 10:04 PM
Hi! I would like to donwload your mod but I'm not sure where to put it! In my documents/ electronic arts/sims 3/ mods/ packages? or overrides? I don't in which folder to put your mod between packages and overrides And also, my game is patched to 10.0.96.019001 and the latest sims 3 i have installed is pets so which version of your mod should i download, I'm mixed up! Thank you a lot for your help. Hello from Québec, Canada
Test Subject
#152 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 11:18 AM
@Kiwipepe11 You should put it in My documents/Electronic Arts/Mods/Packages and you should download the third file, ani_SellFromInventory_PETS.zip
Good luck!
Field Researcher
#153 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 10:18 AM
Hey,

Is there possibly a way of creating a tuning option to prevent Shop From Inventory from changing the default Buy interaction with the OverridedBuyItemsWithRegister in the mod?

I ask because I use and adore NRaas Consigner (one of my favourite NRaas mods, which is saying quite a lot), but when Shop From Inventory is installed, Shop From Inventory overrides the consignment register's Buy interaction with behaviour close to the EA default except with the new inventory items added -- meaning that you can't consign all of the new items that Consigner allows you to. (Shop From Inventory does at least include selling ingredients, but Consigner allows you to sell much more.)

Since shopping from the store inventory is available in the Shop From Store Inventory interaction as well, users of Consigner would lose the "all in one" Buy interaction, but they would still have access to the standard "Buy" for consigning and to "Shop From Store Inventory" for purchasing special shop items.
Test Subject
#154 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 2:26 PM
Default Question
Excuse me ani,
but i haven't got the 'world adventure' extension pack. (but i got ambition pack)
Do it mean my sims will never selling something ?

(i'm sorry if i make some mistakes,im french)
-Pleanse answer me ! -°^°-
Field Researcher
#155 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 8:44 PM
I think that the code for the registers is now included with the base game, so as long as you have downloaded some other register you should be OK. Ambitions comes with a consignment register so that should work great! Let us know if it doesn't work so everyone can benefit from the experience.

(Pas mal pour français! L'usage du "never" était parfait! Mais, l'conjugation de la mot est "sell" dans cette circonstance: quand on utilisé la mot "will", la verbe doit être en la même format de l'infinitif: "I will sell", "he will sell", "they will sell", et cetera. La mot "never" ne modifie pas la conjugation.)
(Excusez les erreurs, je suis un Canadien-Anglais. ;-))
Test Subject
#156 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 4:12 PM
Waow ca marche !!

Merci beaucoup
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:17 AM
Where should I this file?
Test Subject
#158 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 8:27 PM
Sorry but.. for me it doesn't work ... :/
I instal the mod seems like I instaled others mods, but when I click on the cash register, nothing hapened.
(I download food from ATS and when they are in my inventory, I can eat it, it work. But not for sell)
Help please
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#159 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 8:18 PM
does this work for ambitious? if so which one do i download?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#160 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aly17
Sorry but.. for me it doesn't work ... :/
I instal the mod seems like I instaled others mods, but when I click on the cash register, nothing hapened.

There is a bug in this mod that at least with the food register when you buy a new one the interactions don't show up but save and return to the game and they are there. I'll try to remember to take a look at this bug when I update for uni.

Quote: Originally posted by aly17
(I download food from ATS and when they are in my inventory, I can eat it, it work. But not for sell)
Help please

The items need to be in a treasure chest in the community lot where the register is or if the lot is owned by a sim then it can also be in a treasure chest in the sims home lot.

Quote: Originally posted by basirat
does this work for ambitious? if so which one do i download?

Download the latest one if it doesn't work for your patch level then try the others.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#161 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 10:33 PM
Hi Ani, I have a problem with shop from inventory, maybe it is "normal" so don't consider my message but the seller are always there, it's like they do not have working hour.
And it cause me trouble when I am playing with one of these seller because s-he doesn't want to go home since s-he is still register as the seller.
Is it a problem with your patch or maybe the register mods from Nraas ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 5:21 PM
Help me please !
I placed the mod in the good file (in Mod & Package with Ressource.cfg) but the objet is not in my game !
I have season, ambition and supernatural (patch 1.48), I downloaded the mod season V.2, I don't understand why nothing happen !
Can you help me please ? (Désolé pour l'orthographe ou/et les accords, je suis française...)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 12:52 AM
Where can I locate in buy/built mode for the WA treasure chest? I have been looking all over and can't find it. Thanks for making this mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#164 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mademoiselleloujay
Hi Ani, I have a problem with shop from inventory, maybe it is "normal" so don't consider my message but the seller are always there, it's like they do not have working hour.
And it cause me trouble when I am playing with one of these seller because s-he doesn't want to go home since s-he is still register as the seller.
Is it a problem with your patch or maybe the register mods from Nraas ?

Food/book/relic registers don't have working hours, sims work there all the time. Only the consignment register has working hours from 9-17:00. This is basic ea coding, nothing to do with the mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Barbarney
Where can I locate in buy/built mode for the WA treasure chest? I have been looking all over and can't find it. Thanks for making this mod.

Buy debug, or you can download objects cloned from the treasure chest from around the sims.

Quote: Originally posted by chanel-sims
Help me please !
I placed the mod in the good file (in Mod & Package with Ressource.cfg) but the objet is not in my game !
I have season, ambition and supernatural (patch 1.48), I downloaded the mod season V.2, I don't understand why nothing happen !
Can you help me please ? (Désolé pour l'orthographe ou/et les accords, je suis française...)

This mod is not an object mod, there is no new object to find. Please read the instructions.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 5:11 AM Last edited by JT` : 20th Feb 2013 at 5:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Food/book/relic registers don't have working hours, sims work there all the time. Only the consignment register has working hours from 9-17:00. This is basic ea coding, nothing to do with the mod.

For anyone interested, this can be fixed, however, by editing the NPCRoles XML inside GameplayData.package. It would be overbroad to include a custom version of this file in Shop From Inventory, in my opinion, but if someone wants one that's ready-made, bluegenjutsu has one over at Twoftmama's site (registration compulsory but free): Merchant Work Hours Adjusted/Longer Tourist Visits.

Cheers.

(Be forewarned that you will need a new version of NPCRoles almost anytime a new expansion pack comes out (every expansion but Generations so far).)
Test Subject
#166 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 6:58 AM
Hi, I can't seem to get this mod to work. I know about the bug with interactions not showing up until you save and reload, but I'm not having that problem. So:
-I place a register (say, the food register), either on a community or residential lot
-I place a treasure chest on the same lot
-I Put objects in that chest
-When I click on the register, the "Shop From Store Inventory" interaction shows up, but when I click on it, the pop-up window is empty!

My sims are able to buy coffee and food like normal, but no shop from inventory at all! This seems to be the case no matter what lot type it is, whether I save and quit and re-load or just try it straight away, or whether I switch active sims or not.

I can't even find a report of someone else having this problem, what am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 1:34 PM
This really only works with world adventures?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 7:26 PM
Hi ! Thank you Ani for this amazing mod but i have a trouble
I don't understand why consumers don't buy automatically to the cash register. My sim do it perfectly, even when he call somebody else but the others do not go automatically. What could be the problem, please ?
thks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 8:45 PM
Had a few problems but that was my own fault for not realising the greatness of this mod!!
Now have my sims running their own bars and included this aswell, made it so much more business like I love it!
thank you yet again ANI
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#170 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 10:57 AM
I can't believe I never noticed this mod before. I wasn't a fan of Sims 2 OFB, so anything introduced for merchants in Sims 3 I have ignored before. Just started getting an interest in owning a store after things started stockpiling in my sim's inventories and storage bins. Things was not working as I wanted with the Farmer's Market wagon for fruit and veggies, didn't like inactives tending the stands that are meant for my sim family. So I want to try making a sushi restaurant for my asian family, I really hope this mod will help make it successful and a new job created for the elders in the family.

I will try it out and see if this is what I needed. Thank you very much for sharing your talents and giving us what EA will not. Your mod has made my game lots of fun!
Test Subject
#171 Old 23rd May 2013 at 2:42 AM
I'm having the exact same problem as Alicelove. I'd love a solution for this.
Instructor
#172 Old 31st May 2013 at 8:03 AM
Firstly, thanks ani_ for the closest thing we have to OFB right now!

I do have a little issue though. I was able to set up a consignment register and treasure chest and got my shop's inventory to show up correctly, however it doesn't seem like inactives autonomously use the "shop from inventory" function? Is there any way to fix this? They haven't even been using the normal "purchase/buy" function.. They just show up on the lot and hang out for a while then leave. There isn't anything that should be "advertising" as more fun or taking their attention away from the register, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't be buying.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Test Subject
#173 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:25 PM
Hello Ani,

the Mod don´t works with patch 1.55. The Game do not start. I hope you can updatet it. And the mod for clothes I do not know if that works.
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Serapine
Hello Ani,

the Mod don´t works with patch 1.55. The Game do not start. I hope you can updatet it. And the mod for clothes I do not know if that works.

The shop for clothes mod works w/ patch 1.55 in my game, i am having issues w/ shop from inventory, however.
Test Subject
#175 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 8:04 PM Last edited by catlipam : 3rd Jul 2013 at 8:25 PM.
Hello, I have a question.
I want to get this* magazine kiosque and I have never installed a mod before. I think I have to download your mod first. So when I have your mod and install this kiosque, will it work just fine?

*the link is: http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objec...wntown_29.shtml

Also, which of these listed files should I download? All of them?

Will downloading mods harm my game or computer? I don't want my game to crash It's been working well for 2 weeks and I want it to keep good going. I'm so sick of game crashing.
Page 7 of 9