Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3451 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 7:30 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 21st Jan 2021 at 3:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
At first, I thought why people are making a big deal of bonehilda not move-able in. Than it came to me this could mean she would only stay on the lot for 5 sec before leaving/disappearing.

Second thing is that she no longer is really part of the family (lacking a permanent physical presence) and instead is just another transient NPC.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3452 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 5:56 PM
Sims 3 Bonehilda was useful because she was a maid/repairman who didn't take up a household player character slot, Compared to a plumbot who took up a slot and but could be equipped to not just clean and repair, but can also be a nanny and gardener as well. Best Bonehilda could do is get in the way of the crib.
Sims 4 you can hire a butler, which is fine.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3453 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:33 AM
Bonehilda loved the kids in my game. And one worked the potion shop and made potions there.

Mad Poster
#3454 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 12:41 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd Jan 2021 at 12:56 AM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4BVcNhCrn4

Watching Carl's Guide and when he starts off explaining what a haunted lot is, I express the "go figure!" cuz it's limited to just single residential lot type. Then again, I shouldn't expect anything with the way of lot traits are programmed to what extent to behave.

Also, I have dig up the meme I posted or cited about "me vs the guy she tells me not to worry about" as I was making fun of the obsolete lot trait that came with CL that does a much shitter job in contrast and probz won't get a single feature with this pack. I feel like the same applies to the BG shipped ghost, cause appearantly they can't scare the life with this scured emution. From the looks idk, the pack's mechanic gives me "the novelty that will wear off", but hey - I could be grown, since I grown to like the base game despite having skeptisim I'll ever touch the game again.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#3455 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
At first, I thought why people are making a big deal of bonehilda not move-able in. Than it came to me this could mean she would only stay on the lot for 5 sec before leaving/disappearing.

Plumbella has confirmed Bonehilda doesn’t stick around that long.
I agree that I think she’s a Jungle Adventure Skeleton in a dress.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3456 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 2:11 AM
I liked most of the lots the community made for Snowy Escape. I'm not the biggest fan of the lot in this pack. It looks like something that's supposed to be from the French Quarter in new New Orleans, but It's not coming together for me 100%.

Like, the shape and exterior colors are nice, but the windows don't match, the stairs are weirdly placed at the back of the house, leaving an empty room in back. It's like it's 90% there and needs a slight push.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#3457 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 3:00 PM
Doctor Ashley had only use of the Base game and Stuff pack to create the house so the choices were limited. She posted her house on YouTube and gives a rundown of the finished build. I love the "drawing room" design myself and want to get hold of that wallpaper and those curtains!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgB3SBr8Ps4

Apparently she has an explanation of the build and why she chose what she did but I haven't seen that yet.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3458 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 6:56 PM
She doesn’t explain why there’s a toilet in front of a window.

It’s honestly a 9/10, but the tiny details are burning me up lol

Top Secret Researcher
#3459 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 9:13 PM
If I had done it, the haunted house trait would appear to random occupied houses, and then the trait would be removed once the Ghost-Busters(tm) removed the ghost and then another house would become haunted. You know, kinda how they did it in Sims 3.
I guess EA is afraid EA will sue them if they rip off Sims 3 tho'. Just about everything they copy from Sims 3 was done in a lame way. Just look at wands! Magic wands in Sims 3 had different prices and had different spell efficiency and accuracy. Sims 4? Doesn't make a difference if you even have a wand. Also, Sims 3 had brooms that were different speeds. sims 4? The Rocket broom is just as good as the magic mop (I prefer the magic mop)

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#3460 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 24th Jan 2021 at 9:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

I'm actually guilty of the same thing myself, many times too. Hey, sometimes you just don't have enough room in your bathroom and you do what you have to do.
Instructor
#3461 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 10:02 PM

It’s honestly a 9/10, but the tiny details are burning me up lol

If you live in a uk house or flat that can make it look more authentic. Our bathrooms (unless you are rich) are SMALL! Especially in old houses where there hasn't been a proper toilet before. I knew an old lady who said her parents were the first to have plumbing put in and everyone in the neighbourhood came to see it! Putting it under a high window made it less likely for you to be seen. Honest!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3462 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 11:00 PM
She (or a dev team member) just had to turn it 90%. The toilet is literally on the panes of a very tall window.

I’m only nitpicking because it’s actually a good build, with some rather strange choices (like wrought iron railings inside, which was probably a choice made by Maxis, not her).

I wish they’d stop telling builders to stop using more wallpapers than a few. No one playing the game actually cares.

Mad Poster
#3463 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 7:24 AM
I could only get half-way through Carl's video, because I couldn't stand anything about this pack. (Sorry Carl.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#3464 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I could only get half-way through Carl's video, because I couldn't stand anything about this pack. (Sorry Carl.)

I turned it off because I saw that he was using a mod with it (seen on choice of actions in video) and I'm not watching any videos by anyone playing with mods when testing a new pack. The only first videos of a pack I watch now are those showing the build and buy items and those later explaining things like platforms and such.

I'm buying it as I like what I've seen so far and the things hinted at, like interactions with other packs by the Gurus.

What annoys me about any of these videos that game-changers and even Doctor Ashley's house is that, given we can make basements why don't they make more use of them, especially in a haunted house. What about the attics too? Surely ripe for haunting. No imagination! The first thing I did, when given those new ladders was a ladder to a loft.
Top Secret Researcher
#3465 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 6:53 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 27th Jan 2021 at 4:32 AM.
https://youtu.be/7ElSf47MVVA <- Lilsimsie builds a house for the new stuff pack.
Imagine getting a crush on someone one third your age because she can make elegant houses while speaking like an auctioneer, without a single "uh" or "like"!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3466 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
What annoys me about any of these videos that game-changers and even Doctor Ashley's house is that, given we can make basements why don't they make more use of them, especially in a haunted house. What about the attics too? Surely ripe for haunting. No imagination! The first thing I did, when given those new ladders was a ladder to a loft.

For the styles are architecture haunted houses are generally associated with, basement can be problematic looking with foundations.

For example - last night I tried to build a home with a basement staircase walk-down, and the foundation warped around it, and it looked really bad. Consistency is keep when building a space and TS4’s foundations, while helpful in many ways, can be very annoying when paired with stairs.

Sadly, building a home around attics can also be problematic. It’s hard to get a mansard roof to look how you want in TS4 and you can’t really put windows on them (which is why they should be objects, not made with the roofing tool). Heaven heaven help you if you build an attic with just roof pieces.

Deciding when and where to have an attic walk up is also problematic and you’ll probably have to build the house around the attic’s access. A ladder is discrete, but you may not have the design space for a small room to put a ladder because there are stairs or a bathroom in the way.

Instructor
#3467 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 2:44 PM
For the styles are architecture haunted houses are generally associated with, basement can be problematic looking with foundations.

For example - last night I tried to build a home with a basement staircase walk-down, and the foundation warped around it, and it looked really bad. Consistency is keep when building a space and TS4’s foundations, while helpful in many ways, can be very annoying when paired with stairs.

Sadly, building a home around attics can also be problematic. It’s hard to get a mansard roof to look how you want in TS4 and you can’t really put windows on them (which is why they should be objects, not made with the roofing tool). Heaven heaven help you if you build an attic with just roof pieces.

Deciding when and where to have an attic walk up is also problematic and you’ll probably have to build the house around the attic’s access. A ladder is discrete, but you may not have the design space for a small room to put a ladder because there are stairs or a bathroom in the way.

In the UK, in Victorian and Edwardian times, we had the "coal hole" accessible from the road into which the coalmen emptied their sacks. and there was a link to the kitchen. Crippen killed his wife and buried her in the basement too so we had ways of using them early on! I tend to add my basements with links by the stairs so that they don't look too out of place or from a side of the kitchen to make laundry or boiler rooms.

I do agree about access to the attics but enclose mine in a small 1 x 8 section with a door. from the upstairs hall. Unfortunately Maxis hasn't provided us with let down stairs yet but the new ladders work well!

Lofts here tend not to have windows so in a bigger house they don't show outside and can be enclosed entirely by the roof upraised to enclose them. Usually there is a Laundry Stuff bulb lighting them in my games.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3468 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 3:17 PM
I would absolutely love a ladder Sims can hide, and walk under as needed. However, asking for a spiral staircase is like asking for the moon and stars.

We got teleporters in Realm of Magic before we got actual elevators. Make it make sense.

Instructor
#3469 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 4:51 PM
I would absolutely love a ladder Sims can hide, and walk under as needed. However, asking for a spiral staircase is like asking for the moon and stars.

We got teleporters in Realm of Magic before we got actual elevators. Make it make sense.

I've always wanted escalators but we haven't had them in any of the Sims games, even when we could make shopping malls. How is it much more difficult to slowly move Sims up those when they can easily walk up ordinary stairs?

I expect spiral stairs to come sometime at the end of the packs, probably when we get round walls and turrets. Maxis are giving us a little of what we want in each pack I suppose. We can but hope. Did Grant Rodiek say they weren't possible in Sims 4? I can't remember.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3470 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 8:26 PM
We probably won’t get escalators because they serve the same exact function as stairs. They’re also only really seen in malls or airports, which we can’t really ever get. We’d likely over ever see them in a pack purely about businesses.

Mad Poster
#3471 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 9:34 PM
*sigh* Get to Work could have added, but no. Make it boring.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3472 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 1:21 AM
Get To Work shouldn’t have had businesses to begin with. Businesses should have had an entire expansion pack centered around it instead. Businesses are treated like an after thought, honestly.

Instead of just Magnolia promenade, imagine an entire metropolitan area (like Belladonna Cove, with high, medium, and low rent areas) rich with boutiques, salons, studios, shops, museums, parks, cafes, restaurants, pubs, lounges, and night clubs - all venues Sims can own and manage. Given the nature of the town, Sims are also able to rent out apartments in the area. Perhaps even rent apartments above shops.

Of course, with new businesses comes with new hobbies, new venues, new architecture, designer home decor, and smart apparel, as well as tacky business clothing.

I would absolutely love to own a lounge and schedule entertainment, plan drink and food options, customize staff apparel, and organize event nights, while also dealing with entitled or unruly customers.

Even in terms of playing these lots, business would give players so much content to play and experiment with.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3473 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 6:48 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 26th Jan 2021 at 7:00 AM.
Another point, some of the debug items have minor gameplay associated with them.

Like, Sims can actually eat from the candy jar, and Sims can talk to the dolls to comfort themselves. I swear, I hate how much attention they put into this stuff pack because it's so niche.

Lab Assistant
#3474 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 6:37 PM
Nice costume! Just like I expect.

Taiwan Soul!
Smeg Head
#3475 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yaohui
Nice costume! Just like I expect.

The Naked Truth...

It would have taken them all of five minutes to make a new buff for Bonehilda, or give the very same buff the Jungle Adventure Skeletons get, - seeing that's exactly what she is - that forces the skeleton costume to remain as long as the buff remains, no matter what clothing change shenanigans the NPC does. (Maybe they incorrectly assumed that when doing the barefaced JA skeleton copy-paste trick, that the "stay in costume" buff would somehow come along with. Doh!) A stuff pack, they only had a few things to get right. But oh no, fucked it up as per usual. If released with this normal clothes changing malarkey, - no last minute fix, then guaranteed the following patch will include said JA skeleton buff, or new copy version of it, made for Bonehilda. Gotta hand it to them, though, they are the most reliably consistent developer in the industry. For all the wrong reasons. Their Maxis logo should be that of a sim in clown costume face palming. Very apt. Always relevant.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Page 139 of 141