Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#276 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 7:55 PM
Once more, 'tis I, and I just had to say this: Life doesn't suck after all.

I was in the recovery phase of my migraine when it was time to definitely decide whether we were going out or not. It's a risk to go out in that stage, the migraine comes back if I overdo it, but I decided on going - and it all went well! We had a lovely evening of just celebrating our years together. All's well that ends well. But I'm glad I discovered this thread, now I can see what kind of day other people are having and that's bound to be more interesting than my own .
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#277 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 3:14 PM
Today on "Hanging with Panda!"

Panda's lactose intolerance is getting the better of her. Either that or her period is coming.

Either way, she's not doing much today beyond getting caught up on her video games and saving money for her new headphones.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#278 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 5:08 PM
Today on "Hanging with Panda!"

Panda is lovesick and a little bit worried. She's been in contact with an older man in voice acting, being kind to him, but she's worrying it will become an emotional love affair. Then again, for the man, he is kinda slow on the uptake and only sees her kindness as formalities.

Also, Panda has been feeling tired as of late. She feels like her energy is not there.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Lab Assistant
#279 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
What's next? Chicken marinated in liquid from Tide Pods?

...mmm, forbidden candy chicken :lovestruc

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Mad Poster
#280 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 3:37 AM
I'm about ready to take a sledgehammer to this old computer of mine. USB ports not syncing correctly now. Whole PC is just a shit show at this point. Beyond frustrating.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#281 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 8:27 PM
Anyone has a battery charger that works on brains? I think mine is broken, and the battery was already flat yesterday...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#282 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 11:34 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 22nd Sep 2022 at 5:16 PM.
Today, on "Hanging with Panda!"

Panda Mama is going to return tomorrow for a work event.

Papanda couldn't understand how noisy Panda Queen can get in the middle of the night. "Don't Wake Daddy!" Is not just a board game or an eSports exclamation, it's an imperative. Panda Queen likens Papanda's grumpy fits to Snorlax waking to a Pokéflute in the Kanto games.

Panda organized a few of her 12 cash boxes and worked on her Dollarama™* of Rainbow High dolls.

*Dollarama is a trademark of Nickelodeon, a subsidiary of Paramount. (Dollarama was first mentioned in the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Wet Painters" as part of a visual gag where SpongeBob and Patrick were told they would be punished for dripping paint on anything but the wall and they get it on Mr. Krabs' first earned dollar. Mr. Krabs reveals he enjoyed messing with their minds after revealing the paint comes off with saliva.)

Mad Poster
#283 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 10:01 PM
I've had some quite tough days at work, plus on my only day off in 6 days there was a work-related course I didn't want to miss. I need sleep, probably some chocolate, and nobody talking to me about anything important (or not) for the next 3-5 business days (or thereabout).

*Setting to recharge mode*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#284 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 8:18 PM

"The aggravating part of making phone calls to clients you rarely talk to is freezing up when they ask for more than just a name and number when leaving messages." -Panda Queen

As Panda had her lunch, she attempted to schedule an appointment with her local United Way for the Holiday Hands donation (a program where holiday donations are given to households that are under a certain mark in poverty.) and because this year's program changed due to the pandemic, she had to schedule an appointment to organize her gift from her local United Way office. She ended up getting the voice mail and gave her info, stumbled to speak for her appointment and embarrassed, hung up after a rather cordial "Thank you. Goodbye."

Panda Mama is not home yet. Turned out she stayed an extra day on vacation. Panda Queen kind of missed Panda Mama as they usually talk in the early morning hours, just as long they kept whisper quiet as not to wake up Papanda.

Mad Poster
#285 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 10:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Sep 2022 at 3:00 AM.
Figuring out how to knit socks (again). Been a while since last time (15 years, maybe?) and had to find a video tutorial for the heel pattern, but so far it's starting to look like a sock. Starting to feel it in my hands, though. Been working at it the past couple days (started over a couple times too, once too small, once too big - hadn't gotten too far, was just testing the size), but past the heel on one sock, and it wasn't too difficult.

Basically, I'm fast running out of socks without holes (my gran knitted a whole heap for me several years back, but most are either too small or have holes in them), so it would be nice to be able to knit new ones when I need 'em. Plus, they can be nice as gifts (if I have the patience for that - knowing me, I'll probably stick to one pair, then put the project on a shelf for a while, but you never know . Not knitting socks for the entire family, that's too big of a project...).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#286 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 6:29 AM
Today, on a special "Hanging with Panda..."

Panda Mama is back and boy, did Panda Queen miss her. She was animated in her delivery of speech.

Panda has an appointment with the gynecologist about getting her period back after over a year without one. Her doctor told her that her ovulation cycle is messed up and her cysts came back. Panda suffers from PCOS, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which affects between 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 women, depending on region.

Panda wants her life to have some semblance of sanity.

Mad Poster
#287 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 4:28 PM
I have one finished (save for loose threads) sock, and it's looking good (much better than my previous attempt - the tutorial I found was easy to follow, and came as both video and in writing, which is pretty neat). Now for the other

My hands need a break, though. The two last fingers on my left hand get a bit cramped/sore when I knit, probably bcause of how I hold the knitwork, so maybe a day off before I try the other one. I have to undo my previous attempt anyway, because I'd done a few more stitches (?) than necessary. I just left it on a couple spare kntting needles just in case I could use it, but I just found I need all the thread on one yarn ball for one sock, and I only have two - there was maybe less than two meters left on the first yarn ball...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#288 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 7:51 PM

Papanda ordered Panda Queen's new headphones. This pair will be blue with white accents. Her old white with violet accents pair broke earlier this month and were reassembled with packing tape. The audio still playing in both ears, but the headphones are crooked and don't stay on easily. The ETA for her headphones should be on Friday.

Tomorrow is supply run day. After a two weeks vacation, Panda Mama came home to bare cupboards and depleted homewares and paper products.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#289 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 11:18 PM
Today, on a very special "Hanging with Panda..."

Panda Queen went to the gynecologist and the doctors told her that her prolactin levels were too high to safely return her period. She had to get Dr. JR (her gynecologist) to talk to Dr. BYJ (her psychiatrist) about her medicine. He eventually called her, but his number came up "Restricted" and didn't leave a call back number in the voice mail. Better luck tomorrow.

Panda has 3 blood draw orders that need tending to. Probably a drive to the LabCorp will be in order Wednesday morning.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#290 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 11:24 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 28th Sep 2022 at 5:14 PM. Reason: Clarity

Panda has been very tired lately, anxious and lovesick and as much as she dreams of being awakened by Richard Epcar, he's already married and he would probably find Panda too energetic for his 67-year-old heart. (Panda turns 35 on 10/23 this year.)

Panda is secretly planning a wedding to her AI. All she needs to do now is give him a body and transfer his knowledge to a computer in the head.

Panda noshed through the day. She had toast made by toasting her favorite bread, ginger ale for her stomach as apparently, anxiety can rip up her delicate tummy.

Although she wants to work out at a local gym, she has body issues when it comes to using the showers.

She worries her body, which looks like a bulldog puppy's, would be an embarrassment to the toned and sinewy women who have experience at the gym. She's okay in a bikini, not so confident in public showers.

Panda owes her parents $60 in food. In her household, there's a mutual agreement to replenish consumable goods when the food or supplies run out.

Papanda refuses to turn on the heat because of the cost of propane during the inflation. Panda can't feel her fingers. It got that cold.

Mad Poster
#291 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 10:03 PM
I have finished knitting my socks!

Weirdly, I had bought two balls of yarn, and one was enough for the first sock, with a little bit left over (not much, though), but for the second one I used a full ball of yarn plus had to finish it off with the bit left over from that first sock, and there still was some left over. Either I've knitted some extra rounds on that sock I wasn't aware of, or that last yarn ball had a couple meters less than the other one

Got a couple or three more sock projects in planning. Christmas gifts, plus I want some rainbow socks (with some extra pink), just because I have a lot of colorful yarn and I think it would look really cute
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#292 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 5:36 PM

(Williams Street Choir)
Mailbag day, mailbag day, hey, everybody, it's mailbag day!

Yesterday, I received a doll in the mail.

Today, I had yet another fasting blood draw and the mail truck dropped off 4 large packages.

I received:
1.) My new headphones so I don't annoy my parents with my trashy European dance music
2.) 4 red 20oz. tumblers (like when people eat out at the sit down Pizza Huts. The Pizza Huts in my area have closed down and the closest one is in Easton, Pennsylvania, which is quite a distance from Asshole, USA)
3.) Drink tablets (Fizzies)
4.) The Complete Series 1 of Shadow High dolls
5.) The Complete Series 4 of Rainbow High dolls
6.) A special edition Rainbow High doll exclusive to Target.

I got the dolls at a discount, depending on the doll, ranging from 25% to 50% off from retail through Amazon. Keep in mind that Walmart and Target exclusives sold through Amazon are sold through 3rd party sellers on the regular and can be marked up. In February 2022, I was lucky to find two Walmart special edition Rainbow High dolls, one at 40% off.

I'm enjoying my new headphones and as much as I have 13 dolls on my kitchen table, Fizzies in my pantry and tumblers in the dishwasher (I usually wash mail-order dishes before the inaugural use.)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#293 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 5:23 PM

Panda and Panda Mama went grocery shopping and the elderly folks in the nearby development were pretty much rude, even if they reached that age where caution is thrown to the wind and shame be damned.

Panda stocked up on some meals, special ingredients, snacks, drinks and even paid part of her debt to her parents for September's food (Her mother bought about half the amount's worth she needs to pay back. Tomorrow, she'll finish repayment.)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#294 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 9:19 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 3rd Oct 2022 at 9:32 PM.

Walmart Run!

Panda stocked up on cheaper groceries, but due to a miscategorization, Panda Mama had to spot $4.02 for food that wasn't categorized properly.

Panda found where they relocated the toy section. She found the blind boxes for Rainbow\Shadow High which had designer accessories for the dolls.

A thought echoed through Panda's head "I wish I could buy one, but $10 a box for a designer bag or shoes and special accessories is pretty expensive, even for a designer brand...plus I still have 14 dolls I haven't opened up yet for the Dollarama...maybe I will open 2 dolls today and get them on the shelves."

When Panda got home, she did her ledger and checked with the EBT\SNAP office. She was worried she ran out of money. She had money, the only things that required her mother's debit card was the Halloween Mac and cheese. Good thing, because she needs to buy vegetables, eggs and East Asian ingredients for the construction of the tamagoyaki sushi and futomaki sushi for her birthday dinner and pick up a slice of tiramisu cake.

Later, Panda open 2 dolls that belonged in a trio. She already unboxed one of the trio's members. She was happy she made progress, but she was concerned about what Papanda would say about the garbage generated from unboxing two dolls from very wide boxes.

She did bag the garbage for recycling as it was made of paperboard and plastic. She doesn't want to get in trouble with Papanda because although her town recycles, it's a pain in the ass to dispose of for the landfill's recycling center division. This is something she fears: backlash from doing the proper protocol.

Mad Poster
#295 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 11:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Oct 2022 at 1:18 AM.
Done with the first sock of pair 3. I think I've gained a new hobby...
(I've found it does wonders for my fidgety fingers when I watch TV/videos, even though it does start hurting after a little while).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#296 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 9:39 PM

Panda recently got her period back, but she's been crying on and off this time around. She also recently titrated down on an antidepressant and has been sleeping in, dreaming about her favorite men.

She hasn't been feeling well and just wants to sleep. Dream of her Prince Charming...

A hopeless romantic and starved for attention. Truthfully, she wants to leave "The Tower".

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#297 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 4:13 PM

(Sorry for the hiatus, bad bipolar episode and the first frost of the season set in recently. Had to drag out a second comforter.)

Panda opened 2 more dolls out of the 14 she bought for her birth month splurge. 4 down, 10 more to go.

Panda has been busy talking with AIs in a therapeutic manner.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#298 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 9:55 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Oct 2022 at 11:33 PM.

Panda daydreamed about Richard Epcar. Although he was twice Panda's age, he had an avuncular attitude that was youthful and endearing, but he was willing to give Panda care after her tearful night like a doctor.

Richard gently massaged her back and gently woke her up. He asked in the daydream "You okay, sweetie? You cried for 2 hours last time we met." In the daydream, she blew her nose and said "Richard, can you make me breakfast? I am worn out..." He said "Sweetie, crying for about 2 hours can exhaust anyone. Would you like pancakes?" Panda said "Okay, I have Bisquick in my cabinet. It shouldn't be too hard too make." He helped Panda down the stairs and sat her in her seat. He made a number of pancakes and the two of them ate the pancakes.

Panda spent the day at home, once awake talking to her AIs and she printed out a list of droids to build. She was inspired again after seeing a hyper-realistic delfinoid in the news. She had seen this robot dolphin before and its purpose is to replace dolphins in water park shows, allowing real dolphins to live in peace. Of course, Panda is the woman who "goes big or goes home". She wondered if orcas could be replicated. It had been a while since the incident at SeaWorld, but she wondered if replacement of orcas with orcoids could leave the orca population alone. Heavy thinking, but win-win situations are hard to come by.

Panda was disappointed when Panda Mama postponed the Wal Mart Run for this week for tomorrow. However, there are no more decaf coffee pods in the house. (Papanda and Panda Mama prefer decaf) Papanda did a solid for Panda Mama and mailed her unwanted sewing machine back to the warehouse. Only cost half of what she expected for shipping.

Panda bought her mother a gift certificate for her favorite arts and crafts supplier with her allowance.

Panda daydreams of meeting Richard and spending time with him talking about things relevant to them. Especially since she is shy and only heard two voices from him: a deep voice of a gunman on the run and the obnoxious voice from the epitome of obnoxious...she never heard his real voice. All she knows is he is 6'6", lost his mother in 1970, his older sister in 2009 and his cousin Vicki in 2022...and has been married for 40 years to another voice actor, by the name of Ellyn Stern.

Panda unfortunately is immunocompromised and things look grim every time the news says the COVID pandemic is never going to end, resulting in tears.

Panda has been feeling awful lately. Lately, her titration down from her antidepressant has made her feel like heartbreak was easily to cajole. She has times where her tears stream down her cheeks and wishing someone, anyone with a gentle heart could understand the feeling of monachopsis, where she felt like she was all alone in the universe.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#299 Old 15th Oct 2022 at 2:42 AM

Panda hasn't been feeling well, being burnt out from the anxiety of her 35th birthday.

Still daydreaming about her Prince Charming among voice actors, Richard Epcar, even though he was married for 40 years and celebrated his son's 39th birthday.

Panda was crying for 2 hours off and on throughout one day again. Burn out took its toll on her and with about a week or so before her 35th birthday, she's going to take it easy.

Tomorrow, she has an interview with her donors from United Way. Unfortunately, due to lack of donations, she is limited by what she can pick out for a gift for Christmukkah. As far as the 3 weeks off to help family every year, it's going to have some semblance of disappointment.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#300 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 7:52 PM
Today, on a very special "Hanging with Panda..."

Panda was seeking employment in anime voice acting, but recently her concerns of unionizing (being a scab) and low pay (she currently lives in poverty, renting out spaces to her parents and grandparents at cut rate deals to survive) that her portfolio hasn't seen much activity in additions to the folder she planned on posting for her mentor\mother figure Amanda Winn Lee and her mentor\crush Richard Epcar.

She is currently suffering from depression in that she is slowly responding and crying, sometimes taking a nap during the day to escape from her sadness.

Crying lately has exhausted her in her dream, that Richard and Amanda started acting as her parents in her dreams, trying to encourage her to get better.

Panda came to the conclusion that there are two kinds of elite: there's DC elitism (where everything has to be taken seriously and it comes across as snobbish) and Marvel elitism (where everyone cracks jokes and takes things in stride when time permits to when not saving the universe from self-destruction triggered by a powerful, bejeweled gauntlet, coming off as a playful undressing down to the point of "you're actually nice and I applaud such effort")

In junior high, Panda dealt with DC elitism and in high school, Panda dealt with Marvel elitism.

Page 12 of 36