Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 9:51 PM
Ooh okaaay, cool !
I'm glad to know that it's progressing, but above all, don't rush either ^^
I'm going to look a little more to see if I can do it!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 10:12 PM
MescAline If you do, wait for the next version, I think it will be even more finished, maybe it won't take many days to upload it. ^^
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 11:51 PM
Default Service Area Subhood test
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FM...iew?usp=sharing

Oops, I'm sorry I was in too much of a hurry trying to do it.. but I think I succeeded!
And finally it is rather fast! I haven't had time to check if it's very stable yet, I'll have more time this weekend.

I share the folder in case another adventurer wants to test: my drive folder SSAR SUBHOOD
(to be placed in: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate)
Use at your own risk!
I think it's better not to have the same "SSAR" folder at the same time in normal neighborhoods folder and in subhoods folder

Tell me if you prefer that I only share the next version, I'll edit my post without problem!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 12:12 AM
I'm glad you learned how to do it ^^ I'll try the file!! ^^There is no problem with leaving the link, whoever wants to try it should do so ^^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Mar 2023 at 3:40 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 4th Mar 2023 at 3:52 AM.
@MescAline It makes me very funny to see sims from both neighborhoods mixing xD. This motivates me to continue working on both neighborhoods and finish them ^^.

Although the names of the townies don't appear correctly, I think there was a fix for that, but I haven't been able to play custom sub hoods in years so I don't know how it works.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Mar 2023 at 6:00 PM Last edited by MescAline : 4th Mar 2023 at 7:19 PM.
@Sokisims I'm glad it motivates you, it's such a big job you're doing (I realize it after trying the same and failing miserably x) )

And for the mixed names, I'm bad at this kind of stuff on the sims. Almost all the advanced tutorials are in English and it's not my native language...
Maybe the problem comes from the fact that my game is in French version? But here I understand that you have to change them one by one manually.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 4th Mar 2023 at 8:07 PM
Yes, before you had to change them one by one when you added them as a sub-hood, but this tool has come out to make that easier, although I haven't tried it yet.

https://modthesims.info/d/673111/re...ighbohoods.html
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Mar 2023 at 8:54 PM
It works great ! Thank you so much for saving me this time!!
Now it's time to play!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Sep 2023 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 3rd Dec 2023 at 8:09 PM.
I recently became interested in this project again. xD All thanks to watching some JSO videos on YouTube haha. Well, I used Hood replacement to replace JSO terrain and houses with the new version. I used a mod to recover the graves of Cassidy and 09, now I just need to take all the new photos and replace them, also retouch the texts and add biographies to the npc to enrich the story. I upload the file to see if everything works well and you can see the two tombs! XD. I would be very grateful if you confirm that everything works well so I can continue working with this file. Regarding Service Area, I am already working on the banner, and I would also like to add biographies to the npc and think of a final twist for the story, your suggestions will be of great help... If someone who knows graphic design can help me with the banner It would make me very happy since I would like to do something better than what I did with jso, (I did it quickly and it turned out somewhat ugly and disproportionate haha). Basically I would like to make a banner for the Service Area and another for JSO with a design similar to the one JSO had but better done.

SJSO 2023 TEST1
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 6:51 AM
I have already finished almost all the biographies for the Service Area npc. I also have all the images ready to upload, the neighborhood will probably be uploaded in the next few days. ^^ I only need a custom banner, but for now I will use the one I have. ^^ I have also added a small addition to the story. =D
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 8:30 AM
After seeing SpringSims' review of Service Area, I had to get it! I'm in love with all the drama in this neighborhood! I'd already started Service Area when I learned you had Jeans Shaker Oasis, but since the stories are connected, I set out to make Jeans Shaker Oasis a subhood.

After following Mootilda's tutorial, I was able to turn your 2023 JSO Test hood into a business district, and so far it's all working great! I turned the residential lots meant to be apartments into apartments and moved the bin sims to the right places (thank you for putting that info in their bio). As far as I can tell, none of the names have changed either, but I need to do some double-checking first. I just wanted to let you know your JSO test hood is not only working, it's working as a Business District subhood too

Also, I just want to say, I'm overwhelmed by your talent and hard work. The detail you've put into these hoods is *amazing*. Every build I go into, I'm so impressed with how great they look with no CC. The environmental storytelling you've done, on top of these intricately-detailed plots - it's beautiful. Thank you!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 18th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM.
@DellaLuna I really appreciate your comment!! Thank you very much for such encouraging words

It is also very useful to know that everything works well as a sub-hood and downtown!!

I really want to continue with JSO 2023-24 and leave Service Area in perfect condition! But I have followed my instinct and I have been working on Aberon Garden for the last month, I would like it to be the last neighborhood and be part of the same story... After that I don't want to build anything else for a while. Although I would like to organize a kind of project where everyone builds a university for the Cassidyverse haha ​​You can send houses, characters with or without history, townies, even the land... I'll just do what's left to do. The person who first says they want to build something will be the one in charge of the lot, the idea is that everything flows very organically, I will be open to everything and I will say yes to everything! Haha
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 4:55 PM
I've had to start from scratch several times, but I'm almost all set up for Service Area. I hope to update the file in a few days and continue with Jeans Shaker Oasis 2024 ^^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Feb 2024 at 11:51 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 6th Feb 2024 at 12:25 PM.
Information about JSO 2024

I realized that I didn't have shadows activated so I will have to take several photos again. xD, Although I haven't worked on it for a while, so I didn't have that many photos either. So that and the biographies are the last thing I have left to update the neighborhood. I've already edited all the relationships and revised all the houses, I've optimized the Old Apartments and tweaked some things I'd forgotten... So it's all up to my creativity now. I'll take my time because photos are the opportunity to tell new things and I want them to be cool! xd

Regarding Service Area, I could say that it is almost ready and can be played well, in the last update I added some lakes. xD The last thing I would like to do is review the memories and reduce pools, but I have to be very focused on the topic of memories, and right now I have three neighborhoods in mind at the same time, (Service Area, Jeans Shaker Oasis and Aberon Garden) which is not a bad thing because they are part of the same story, but at the same time my mind can't do much more. So I just tweak things in the Service Area and when I feel like there's enough, I update.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 12:17 PM
I have the photos of Jeans Shaker Oasis 2024 at 65% ^^ I hope to finish before more people play the old version. xD
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 1:53 PM
80% ?? XD
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old Yesterday at 5:04 PM
SJSO 2024 Test2 NoCorrectNames

Leaving this here to use on my other computer and continue with the photos. xD It doesn't have the names fixed with simpe! Neither are new photos nor new stories and texts, it's just fixed houses. I'm leaving those steps for a little later, in addition, I'm going to add two townies and a new family, although there will only be two sims, I want to maintain the essence of a small hood.
Page 2 of 2