Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Homework mod

by Dave Luv Posted 12th Aug 2007 at 5:31 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 5:56 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:09 PM
I indeed tested the two hacks in my game and they coexist fantastically! I just love it. Thanks again for such a great idea.
Test Subject
#77 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 6:05 PM
wow thanks !!
Test Subject
#78 Old 7th May 2008 at 1:49 AM
So how do you download it again? Extract the .package file from the archive to Downloads / Simsky. Into Downloads folder and then into Simsky Folder??? Or just downloads folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 7th May 2008 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nicolehart
So how do you download it again? Extract the .package file from the archive to Downloads / Simsky. Into Downloads folder and then into Simsky Folder??? Or just downloads folder?

Into Simsky subfolder you create in Downloads. No duplicated files.

Sure, it works when placed into Downloads (without using a subfolder), but I prefer creating subfolders in Downloads and extracting the files there. You can better find objects / mods if they are located in subfolders.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 12:59 AM
This is brilliant! I've always wanted something to make it faster and didn't know this existed. Thanks much!

---------------------------------
Playing The Sims 3 - Sims 3 Snapshots & Stories
Instructor
#81 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:35 PM
Great idea.

I hope it's not bad manners to ask: is there a mod that changes loss of fun and time depending on what grades the kids have? Because that would make it so much more realistic; A students don't need as much time as C- students.

I'm searching already, but maybe somebody here has seen a mod like that.
Test Subject
#82 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 3:36 AM
I was looking for no homework but I can deal with 15 mins
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:33 AM
Does anyone know if this is compatible with Apartment Life?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adammc80
Does anyone know if this is compatible with Apartment Life?

Yes, it's compatible with Apartment life
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
Check if you don't have some other homework-related mods in the game (e.g. those mentioned by Maelich on Feb 14th).

Also check, if there aren't some unfinished homeworks left on the lot (my Sims often put their homeworks under trees).

under tress why do that put their homework undear trees
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by damien117
under tress why do that put their homework undear trees

Don't know why - I expect the game set that tile as the best one when there was no empty table or other surface.

BTW the grades won't go up if aging is disabled (by the aging off cheat).
Mad Poster
#87 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 7:37 AM
Uuugh, for some reason this hasn't been working in AL. is there anything that conflicts with it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
Uuugh, for some reason this hasn't been working in AL. is there anything that conflicts with it?

It works in AL without any problems.
Did you re-enable loading of user-created content after installing AL? It has to be done manually after each EP / SP / patch installation. Also check if you really have the .package file in your game.

I doubt this hack would conflict with anything - it's not a BHAV hack, but a BCON hack. It doesn't change any interactions - only their constants. If you have similar hacks related to homeworks or some hack packs, you have to ask their creators if they don't change BCONs in certain groups (homeworks from group 0x7FF4DCC2) and University homeworks from group 0x7FD7764E).
Test Subject
#89 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 8:53 PM
thanks a lot. big help.
Test Subject
#90 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 6:06 PM
i love it!
it works great in my game.
thank you.
Test Subject
#91 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 10:03 AM
This is the best thing ever. Now my sims have time to do stuff I actually want them to do, instead of visits from the social worker! Thank you! x
Test Subject
#92 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 6:09 PM
*bows down*
thank you thank you thank you
I really don't know what I would do without this mod!

Bush once said -- "NUCALEER"
BEFORE YOU BUILD NUCLEAR WEAPONS -- LEARN HOW TO TALK ABOUT THEM, SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
~~DANCRGRL~~
Test Subject
#93 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 1:55 PM
I haven't had TS2 installed for a long time, and this is one of the first downloads I specifically had to find for my game. =P One of my favourites.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 1:04 AM
Thanks, great mod
Test Subject
#95 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 11:15 PM
Thanks very much for this!
Test Subject
#96 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 5:52 PM
Thank you so much! I always hate waiting for the homework to get done formy young sims to socialize!
Test Subject
#97 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 1:48 PM
I love it! But I can't use it yet, I'm going to try an Apocolypse challenge :D
Test Subject
#98 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 3:21 PM
Thank you! My sims always spend their whole afternoon on homework! So annoying =]
Test Subject
#99 Old 12th May 2009 at 11:40 PM
Yay! I Have Al!
Test Subject
#100 Old 29th May 2009 at 3:40 AM
Great idea. Thanks so much
Page 4 of 6