Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:10 PM
Default Misplaced and missing furniture in other families' apartments
Hi.
I just entered into an apartment where three of my CAS families lives. I went to knock on the door of another family, then I see that their furniture are not in the right place! The bed is front of the main door, the fridge is in the bathroom and most furniture are missing. Then I entered to that family and their furniture were fine. Then I entered the lot with the third family. But I went to knock on the door of the previous family.. their furniture was completely missing! And I knocked on the door of the remaining family, their furniture was misplaced again.. I don't know what resulted in this. I built that apartment, when I moved in the families I have seen problems with the outside furniture, so I entered a cheat at both three families to place the furnitures to another place or delete them, but I did not touch the furniture in other's home. And then I did not have this problem, but I entered to the lot today and encountered this problem.

How do I fix this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:46 PM
First off did you delete the cache files yet.

For me I stopped using apartments, this is just one of the problems with Apartment Life.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:57 PM
That's a cop out, though. Apartments are and should be usable (though all the ones that ship with the game are poorly-designed). I've never had this problem with furniture rearranging, but then I don't visit other apartments very often. I can see the other tenants plenty in the common area. I have heard of other people having it and I'm trying to remember what they did to fix it, but can't conjure it up. Hang in there - maybe somebody'll be along. And in the meantime, see how well you can manage with just interacting in the common area. IT doesn't fill the want to visit, but that's a pretty low-level want anyway.

If you want to date or go on outings with other tenants, however, it's best to buy a cell phone and call them from the community lot. Otherwise they'll be constantly wandering off to get their needs filled in their apartments.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 3:29 PM
The problem is that the misplaced bed locks their way out of the room. I wondered why the neighbor teen doesn't go to school, that's why.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 3:57 PM
Their grades won't go down unless the lot is active, though, so that doesn't hurt anything. The furniture is all placed correctly when you play the lot, right? This only happens when visiting from another apartment?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 4:17 PM
One person reported this with an apartment lot in Polgannon. I've never seen it either. I'm wondering if there is some combination of mods and hack that doesn't play nice with AL?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 4:26 PM
Yes, Peni Griffin. Maxon, I don't know of any of my downloaded mod that conflict with AL.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 4:59 PM
Well, the only way to be sure would be to test it. And it might not be one mod, it might be two working in tandem; or a mod that only conflicts with AL if you don't have BV, or...this is a very, very complicated program and chaos theory applies.

You can easily test whether it's a mod conflict by backing up your Sims2 data folder, pulling your download folder, loading your game, and sending someone to visit a family which you know has the problem. Don't worry about all the weird effects of removing the downloads folder, like all the Song vases everywhere - unless you hit save it won't matter and if you do hit save, that's what the backup is for, to revert to if things get messed up. If the problem is still there, nothing in your downloads folder is to blame. If it isn't, get yourself a cold drink and a book, kick back, and prepare to spend an hour or two testing. The 50/50 method of testing is outlined in the Game Problem Help FAQ.

Don't worry about whether it makes sense for an item to affect apartments at all. Computer code is under no obligation to make sense to the human mind. I think we all have our WTF story about a piece of CC that shouldn't have had anything to do with the problem it caused. Mine was a blouse that crashed the game when anyone took a photobooth picture. And then there's the Slower LTA Gain mod, which works perfectly for most people, but for a small number of us caused the vacation clock to freeze; which the creator of the mod said was like the toilets overflowing when the light switch is flipped. Testing this sort of thing is tedious, but doesn't take as long as you think it will - removing that downloads folder will reduce loading times on the game.

Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 11:49 PM
I realize this post is quite old, but I suddenly also have this exact same issue, where in my apartments, the furniture in other units is either moved and messed up or missing.

Any notions about what could cause this?
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 9:05 AM
I have exact same problem as well. Any solutions in today?