Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants And Woohoo Wants (Updated 7/1/2007)

by syberspunk Posted 27th Jun 2006 at 6:13 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 1:57 PM by syberspunk : added hack to disable go steady wants for adults

142 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 135 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:10 AM
I dont' have a TSData folder or a RES folder... I couldn't find my wants stuff either. I haven't deleted anything and all i've added is the Downloads folder. the folders I have are: Camaras, Collections, Config, Logs, Lot Cataloug, Movies, Music, Neighborhood, SC4Terrians, Storytelling, Teleport, Thumbnails, & Downloads. There's also this Groups.Cache (67kb) thingy but IDK what it is or how it got there...
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 4:31 AM
it hasnt worked.. eh just downloaded pets version. might solve it. ill try it later. hope it works
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 10:45 PM
I have a Question about this mod..I only have two EPs...Pets and Family Fun Stuff. Do you have any idea if this mod would work well with just the base game and these two EPs?
Instructor
#54 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:37 AM
Will work. All the relevant code is present in those expansions. Just make sure you place the mod in the Pets folders.
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:24 PM
Hi, uhm, I don't know for sure that this is the right download, but, I think I'm having problems, after I have downloaded this, I had this thing called "Spawn" when I click on a sim, the Spawn has all the "Joke" "flirt" and other thing in it and inside it there all called Memory Maneger... Sorry if isn't your download, but the thing is driving me mad
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnimeLoverAngel
Hi, uhm, I don't know for sure that this is the right download, but, I think I'm having problems, after I have downloaded this, I had this thing called "Spawn" when I click on a sim, the Spawn has all the "Joke" "flirt" and other thing in it and inside it there all called Memory Maneger... Sorry if isn't your download, but the thing is driving me mad

I don't think so... I think I vaguely recall reading about a similar problem. This might have to do with hacks that rely on the social plug in. A few of mine do, as well as ebruere's let's get nude hack and a few others. I think they can spawn an object that creates weird options on the sim pie menu if the object isn't properly destroyed by the game code. I remember reading about some hack that used it, and when you removed the hack, it reverts to the default object, which is the social plug in. Anyways, I'm not totally sure. You probably should do a search about the Memory Manager thing.

These want hacks do not use the social plug in, so they shouldn't create any weird menu options like the ones you describe.

Ste
Field Researcher
#57 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 11:48 AM
The "Spawn" option comes, AFAIK, from InSimenator, object version. It enables the player to create several objects which in turn offer a wide variety of manipulations to the active sim. I'm not sure, though, if some other hacks also use this "Spawn" option. But definitely the "Spawn" does not come from syberspunk's mod.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Test Subject
#58 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 3:33 AM
can this work in nightlife...where should i download it if so?

...epp..im slow....
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:06 PM
i have the same problem that motel56 had and i dont't know what to do .... how i can backup files???and what kinda file's i need to backup???and where i can find them?????plz help
Field Researcher
#60 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 9:14 AM
@signesim: How to backup files is explained in the user manual / online help of your PC's operating system. What kind of files you should backup is explained in detail on top of this page:

Quote:
1) backup YOUR Neighborhood BEFORE installing this mod!
2) backup the Core file(s) - Make a copy of the folder found in
If you have PETS
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\Wants
If you have GLS
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff\TSData\Res\Wants
If you have FFS
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff\TSData\Res\Wants
If you have OFB
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open for Business\TSData\Res\Wants

This assumes you used the default location for your installation.

The files for your neighborhood are located under
MyDocuments\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N00x (where x = the number of the neighborhood. Maxis provided the neighborhoods N001, N002, N003.)

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Field Researcher
Original Poster
Test Subject
#62 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 9:24 PM
Just what I missed! Thanks, dude.
Test Subject
#63 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 11:38 PM
I have sims seasons and i tried to install these files but it didnt found. I paste seasons' wanttrees into TSData\Res\Wants and teenabledadultwantsrandomflirts into Downloads.
What did I do wrong??? :S

sorry, im spanish and my english isnt good.

thanks
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 5:44 PM Last edited by LittleRedPaint : 26th Mar 2007 at 12:18 AM. Reason: I installed it - reporting
Question?

Teens towards Adults.....
Flirt, kiss, do not show up in the pie chart (when you click the sim)....so how do they fulfill these wants?

Unless I'm doing something wrong?

Also, I like the idea - I cannot tell you how many times I finally find the "right" teen couple only to have one become and adult and they know longer can be together for a time....

Okay - I'm using Seasons and I'm still not getting any woohoo/flirt/kiss adult needs showing up at all ???? I don't know why?

HOWEVER, I do see flirt/fall in love/kiss showing up only in community lots - but the teens cannot act upon these or have them happen?

Peace!
LittleRed

Lupus - Help Find a Cure
Test Subject
#65 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 2:49 AM
I am not able to get this to work in game....I'm very dense when it comes to such things....I have all expansions but pets. I've downloaded the version of this for seasons, and installed it in my open for business wants section, but its not showing up. Am i supposed to put it in my Seasons want section? Of the 5 downloads I see here, which ones do I need to install to enable my teens to have romantic options with adults/young adults? !!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 12:44 AM
If you read carefully, this hack should only enable the wants to show up. You will need the Teen Woohoo or InTeenimater hack to enable woohoo interactions between teens and between teens and adults. You could also use twojeffs' teens keep loves hack so that teens "remember" their loved ones even after they transition to adult. This is already built into the InTeenimater.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 2:09 AM
Ok, I've re-updated the Seasons version... this should hopefully make it work better. I may redo the woohoo wants hack from scratch and actually make versions for older EPs and the basehood... if/whenever I find the time to do it. :P

Ste
Test Subject
#68 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 3:06 PM
I just downloaded the New Teen WooHoo for Seasons - that should help most of my problems

Peace!
LittleRed

Lupus - Help Find a Cure
Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:32 AM
This is working fine with inteenimater. Thanks.

Isn't that a girl's name?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 9th May 2007 at 3:29 PM
Hey Ste,
Thanks for updating your mod for Seasons. One thing I'm not entirely clear on though from reading the details; does the Seasons version include Pescado's "norandomflirtwants" hack? If so, do you intend to do a version that doesn't? I kinda like some of my sims being horn dogs sometimes .
Theorist
#71 Old 15th May 2007 at 6:47 PM
I have all the expansions and stuff packs, including the Celebration Stuff Pack. I tried placing the modified Wants tree for Seasons in both the Seasons and Celebration file paths but in neither case has it modified teen wants. I notice that the Wants tree file in the Celebration path is not the same size as that in the Seasons path, so I assume that EA must have modifed it.

Syberspunk, do you plan to make a a Celebration update? Or failing that, perhaps post instructions on how to modify the tree using SIMPE?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 20th May 2007 at 8:25 AM Last edited by syberspunk : 21st May 2007 at 6:34 AM.
@suziblue: There is a version that does not include norandomflirtwants already.

@Sophie-David: Thanks for the info. I'll probably make a compatible version for Celebrations eventually... when I find the time to do it.

Ste

ETA: Ok, I made a version for Celebrations! Stuff. I'm not sure if it works so it needs testing.

Further more, I kinda did a half-assed job with previous versions prior to Seasons. I eventually plan to redo all previous versions, including Seasons from scratch.

I also plan to make versions for previous EPs, including NL, Uni, and the basegame. From what I have read so far, it seems that you cannot just plop the WantTree.package from a new game into an older version. It seems like the game doesn't like that.

So, to accomodate people who do not have the most recent EPs or SPs, I will do my best to make a version available for everyone. Of course, this will have to wait until I find the time. I will most likely get around to it sometime this week, but I won't make any promises. So please be patient, thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 9:07 AM Last edited by syberspunk : 18th Jun 2007 at 8:27 AM.
Double post to bump and update:

v1.05 - Updated to include Go Steady Wants for Adults and Elders (needs testing)

ETA: This part still needs testing. I changed the Want Trees but I still have yet to see them actually roll up for adult sims

Also, I updated the versions for Seasons and Pets, as well as created versions for OFB and NL. I will eventually get around to creating ones for Uni and the Base Game when i find the time.

These versions should be "cleaner" versions, basically done from scratch. Feedback is always welcome.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:13 AM
Triple post to bump and further update:

v1.051 - Updated yet again. This time, for real. I blame Maxis EA. It was their fault. They put out a patch that didn't quite work, and I just followed suit.

So please, download and test again. Thanks.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 9:53 AM Last edited by syberspunk : 1st Jul 2007 at 5:59 PM.
Note:
Use the zadultsdisabledgosteadywant.package hack if you do not want the Go Steady wants to show up for Adults and older.

This is for players who want all the benefits of having woohoo wants enabled for teens, but do not want to enable "Go SteadY" wants for adults.

For those who do want to enable "Go Steady" wants for adults, the check tree has been rolled into the latest release of my adultsgosteady hack. This was done for those people who only want adult go steady wants, but exclude any other changes to the check trees.

Note:
Use the zadultsdisabledgosteadywant.package hack if you do not want the Go Steady wants to show up for Adults and older.

This is for players who want all the benefits of having woohoo wants enabled for teens, but do not want to enable "Go SteadY" wants for adults.

For those who do want to enable "Go Steady" wants for adults, the check tree has been rolled into the latest release of my adultsgosteady hack. This was done for those people who only want adult go steady wants, but exclude any other changes to the check trees.

ETA: The Go Steady want check tree is already included in the teenenabledadultwants.package for those who want both adult wants for teens and go steady wants for adults. Hack compatibility may report a conflict, but it won't matter as they contain the same changes. If you want to enable the Go Steady wants for adults, you must use a hack to enable the interaction for adults as well, such as my adultsgosteady hack or jase's InTeenimater.

Ste
Page 3 of 6