Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"You're not leaving the house dressed like that, young lady!" - Female Modesty Set (Base Game)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 25th Sep 2008 at 6:56 PM

352 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 308 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 15
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:16 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 22nd Sep 2008 at 8:43 PM.
(Reserved, in case I've forgotten something.)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#27 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:26 PM
*hides all the pasta*

Could you please make non-defaults of these? PLEEEEASE!!!

;o) Kidding.

Thanks so much! I've always loathed those belly-baring Maxis tops. This is awesome!
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:36 PM
Awesome! Thank you! The commentary totally made these worth downloading :P
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:46 PM
I really love the "pulled down" tanks and halter tops. Thanks a lot.

"...my belly button is HAWT!"

*snort*

- Fishie
I live like a hermit in my own head.
Not actually evil.
#30 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:56 PM
Now I can use all those Maxis shirts and pants that just used to sit in the catalog taking up space. Thank you SO much!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Alchemist
#31 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:06 AM
Hahhah you really don't like midriffs and tight-less skirts, do you? :P

I grabbed a few of these purely for the sanity factor. The way maxis built some of these just doesn't make sense, but now they do! Thanks!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:16 AM
Thank you, I've always liked the concept of that sweater but the lack of shirt underneath has always stopped me from using it.
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:26 AM
I love you! I always hated that there was not one maxis mesh that wouldn't show the belly, thank yooouuu!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:36 AM
thank you! it is nice to see maxis clothes (or any clothes for that matter0 that aren't revealing. i liked some of the outfits before, but not everyone wears a belly-baring shirt! thanks for doing this!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:46 AM
I've always liked those outfits, but when you put them on teens with a bit of a belly -- eww. Thanks so much for fixing them! :D

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:56 AM
HP, thanks for taking the time to share this. I will admit that I used to throw a satellite at sims who dared wear certain outfits, before I got OfB and set up the makeover business. My townies all looking like streetwalkers got on my nerves so bad I had to remake over every townie. Hopefully now I will not have to chase after every one. I really appreciate how you made it easy to pick and choose among all the replacements.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Field Researcher
#37 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:06 AM
Yay, now I can finally have my simmies wearing t-shirts without their bellies hanging out! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:16 AM
Thank you for covering all of those midriffs. That was easily the most annoying thing about the basegame clothes. I will be using a lot of these.
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:26 AM
Great job and thanks as always =)
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:36 AM
I was hoping you would do this, thanks a lot I know there is time and effort needed for this kind of thing.
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:46 AM
Ohmygod. Killing the boxers and ass-writing on the teen stuff... thank GOD. The teen workout clothes with the ass-writing KILLED me. The clothes? Fine. Butt-writing? *&%(!! And I share the pet peeve with the nice, warm outfit... that... had... thigh-highs!?

Bah. Guess I'm just a prude, but I don't find the belly-button that sexy. It's actually funny-looking, it collects stuff, has to be cleaned lest it smells terrible, and kinda looks like it's talking when some people walk. OM NOM NOM BELLYBUTTON.
Instructor
#42 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 1:56 AM
This is wonderful. And you can come to my house and eat pasta any time you want. I'd love to have you. It has really bothered me that there was nothing provided that I would allow my thirteen year old to wear. Or any age teen that was still under my roof. The naked belly and ultra short skirts on adults bugged me too. I don't want to see their bun cheeks when they bend over. I much prefer having clothes for my sims like those I see when I go to the store or library or whatever. Rarely do I see a bare belly or other overexposure. Am looking forward to your remakes for the other packs. At least Maxis did not give us too much of that in the men's clothes.
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:06 AM
Oh thank you. I am loving that I can use the original clothing now. Thank you so very much.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:16 AM
Thank you, HP, now my chubby teens will feel more comfortable wearing some of these outfits. Also, I really like that you made them all separate downloads, so I could choose what I wanted.
Theorist
#45 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HP
I swear, it's like nobody ever reads... Go back to the thread and scroll down to the comments. Download from there. Sheesh!

There you go people, no need to download the attatched file out of curiosity like me

Thanks for these HP, *Pokes HP in the eye about Uni and NL outfits*
*Hides Dog*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Inventor
#46 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:36 AM
Thanks for these there were alot of outfits in game that I wouldn't use simply because of the tummy showing all the time, but now you've fixed that and I can use them :D. Thankies.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:46 AM
Hurrah! I can finally use the base game clothing! I'm glad I'm not the only one that was bothered by all the professional looking outfits with bellies hanging out! :D
*continues worshiping*
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:56 AM
I think I love you! :lovestruc

From one 'old prude' to another, THANK YOU!! I had such a hard time finding clothes I'd let my Sims wear. I'd go through the catalog and think, "Nope, nope, don't THINK so!, nope, nope..."

Could you POSSIBLY do something about the AF Formalwear? It's like I have to choose between having my Sims' shoulders and cleavage covered, OR thighs, but not both! What is up with that?? I'm not a religious zealot, but I do have some Sims who attend the little church I created, and they just don't feel comfortable parading up the aisle to their pew showing that much skin!

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Field Researcher
#49 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:06 AM
*gasp, runs up and huggles HP*

Oh man you are amazing! I was just considering getting maxis hiders yesterday, but this has made me change my mind!

Admittedly, the thing that won me over was the cargo pants. I happen to love them in real life, but my simmies could never wear them because they were so odd.

Thank you so much! Your clothes are a great addition to our simmies.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:16 AM
charleeheart - I looked through the base game formalwear and didn't really see anything that bugged me too much. There were a couple outfits that were kind of borderline, but not enough to really bother me - some things had some weird cutouts on the side and such but I see formalwear more as evening dresses and that kind of thing than churchwear (all my sims are secular anyway). I have made a point to go through the different categories when doing this stuff, so if there's formalwear in other EPs/SPs that needs similar treatment, I'll be sure to do so. But I think you're probably more offended by shoulders showing than me.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Page 2 of 15