Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Attraction Traits Fix (V1.06) for BV+

by tunaisafish Posted 12th Feb 2009 at 7:42 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2010 at 2:25 AM by tunaisafish : Added Alienism version

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 7:47 PM
I downloaded this and I have a question. In the zip there are 3 files. I read the txt file and now I don't know which package to install. One is tunaisafish_fix_attractiontraits_alien.package and the other one is tunaisafish_fix_attractiontraits_alien_i18n.package.
Can someone tell me which one or should I just forget using it?
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trashman's wife
I downloaded this and I have a question. In the zip there are 3 files. I read the txt file and now I don't know which package to install. One is tunaisafish_fix_attractiontraits_alien.package and the other one is tunaisafish_fix_attractiontraits_alien_i18n.package.
Can someone tell me which one or should I just forget using it?

If you play the game in English, you can throw away i18n.
If in German, French, Italian etc, install both.

tunaisafish_fix_attractiontraits_alien.package is the core, necessary regardless of in what language you play.
i18n is for those who play TS2 not in English.
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd May 2013 at 6:36 PM
Thanks so much!! Downloading it now. I really wanted this. I can't wait to play after I get it. :-)
Test Subject
#54 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 8:16 AM
Can anybody explain me how works the alien feature? How the game knows is sim an alien or not? Does it work with CAS-aliens, or only with 'My human father was impregnated by my alien father, I'm a hybrid'? Does it work with custom multi-PT mod like these?

P.S. I hope I've explained my thoughts clearly enough. English is my second tongue, so I often can't explain what I meant
Scholar
#55 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 1:03 AM
I like your mod, just one little nitpick: The mouseover for the alien icon in the german version of the game says "Ausländer" which translates to "foreigner". Now the alien/human hybrids are raised in the abducted sims´ culture from birth, so they hardly qualify as foreigners. The translation for "alien" in the given context would be "Ausserirdisch" ("not-from-this-world", "from-outside-earth"), though simply "Alien" or "Alienismus" would be understood just as well (at least by gamers/geeks).
If I prefer "Alien", can I just toss out the i18n-file and play with the english descriptions of the traits or would that mess up something in my game?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#56 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 2:57 AM
From reading the comments it seems even having EP's later than BV the lots still reset. I have all the EP's/SP's would the lots still reset?
Test Subject
#57 Old 13th May 2014 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
The mouseover for the alien icon in the german version of the game says "Ausländer" which translates to "foreigner".
If I prefer "Alien", can I just toss out the i18n-file and play with the english descriptions of the traits or would that mess up something in my game?

Not having the i18n file might set the names of all turn-ons in your game to English. I guess the easiest way to get rid of the "Ausländer" text string would be to open i18n with SimPE, and to simply change it to "Alien". (open SimPE, open the file, click on the STR contained within, change the language in the dropdown menu to "German", find the Ausländer, replace it with Alien, and hit commit.

(Also, from looking at the file in SimPE, it appears that in the other languages in there that I can read, alien was translated as "foreigner" as well)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#58 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 6:43 PM
I just read cyjon's "Study of Chemistry in Sims", and I decided that I needed this fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:21 AM
Great mod! Thank you very much! :) :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#60 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 8:53 PM
I like the one with the Alienism feature and it seems to work great.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#61 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:14 PM
The Alienism turn on is great :D
Mad Poster
#62 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:58 AM
Noting this mod is unsupported, but maybe my findings will be helpful to others. (Currently playing with all EPs up to Mansion and Garden except OFB.)

Wasn't sure if I needed this mod, as I'd never really noticed that turn offs/ons were broken. So my husband and I decided to do a little testing. He made two sims as a married couple, one with custom hair (selected in CAS) and the other with glasses and a standard Maxis (BV) earring. We use the FFS Lot Debugger from MATY and one of its functions is showing which "attractances" (turn offs/ons) a given sim has set. So we checked the couple's, and low and behold earring + glasses was showing as a werewolf. -.- And jewelry wasn't set at all. Super frustrating, and so stupid, honestly. But the custom hair sim was showing custom hair.

We downloaded and installed this mod, loaded up the game, and we're quite happy to report that the missing "jewelry" trait is now showing, and the sim is no longer recognized as a werewolf. Yay! So huge thanks for the fix.

We played around a bit with changing the sims hair at a mirror to try to figure out how/if custom hair was truly broken. Turns out it is. Custom hair trait showed up fine on our newly-created sim, but as soon as she changed it to something other than custom, it was permanently broken. ie. changing it back to custom did nothing, she was still set to the colour she switched to.

So we came back and got the alienism version, as it's never made sense to us why that wasn't a possible turn off/on in the first place. :P
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 1:31 AM
The alienism turn on/off seems to only be active for sims with black eyes/ green skin. Just having green skin does not trigger it. Definitely worth having though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:41 AM
The mod is great! It fixes a problem I never knew my sims had, but the alien icon it's... ugly o.o'
My game is in portuguese and it also appears as "estrangeiros" that translates to "foreigners". I'd prefer "Aliens" but I guess that's a minor thing. SimPE doesn't work well anymore in any of my computers so I won't bother trying to change it... Also, SimPE is unsupported right now right? Their website is all weird and the forums don't exist anymore :s
Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emodarkwolf
The mod is great! It fixes a problem I never knew my sims had, but the alien icon it's... ugly o.o'

@emodarkwolf and everyone else too there is actually an icon replacement existing.

http://stellaterrano.tumblr.com/pos...con-replacement
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 2:17 PM
Hey, thanks for this mod! The only thing I don't understand is why you chose an ugly alien picture instead of the game mothership icon? Also, whoever translated it to Spanish wrote "Extranjeros", which means Foreigners but not in the extraterrestrial sense
If you ever update this mod, please change the icon picture and also the Spanish translation to "Alien", "Alienígena" or "Ovni" (which simply means UFO).
Anyway, thanks again for correcting some of those chemistry fails that Maxis never bothered to patch up!
Page 3 of 3