Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 5:20 PM
Cool now I will not have to use a cheat to un level walls
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
d) The Prison room (I don't know why) don't need privacy: the sims won't "shoo" other sims when they have to get naked.

Lol! Well they won't have privacy, will they, with open bars for walls, so no point in pretending they do I still have other cell doors you can use with normal walls and the barred doors will work with your glasshouse walls just as well as the newer light-passing walls for players who prefer to do it that way.

But anyway, the in-cell toilets etc are hacked to take account of the fact the prisoners just have to get on and use them without any dignity, so they won't just stand there and pee their pants unless they are very shy indeed.

By the way, that passes light setting does not pass sound after all, even though the file says it does. Well not stereos playing anyway. Haven't tried phones yet.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Rythela : 28th Apr 2005 at 6:08 PM.
So, these are the two Walls in the zip ^.^ These are pretty good. You're amazing Numenor!

Edit: At least now I can make a Prison Cell for a Police Station and throw robbers into it. ^.^ Hehe.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:15 PM
Yeh sech a clever boy! Thanks heaps for these Numenor - the unlevel wall will easily be my new toy hehe.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:24 PM
If I only had known that the unleveled wall would be considered that useful, I'd shared it before: I have created it months ago, but I never thought to post it (people are still a bit scared about altering game files).

I'm glad that you like it! :D
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:35 PM
the lack of privacy need is easy to explain. i once had some sims on an empty lot and gave them objects required to live, but no rooms. they used the shower even though there were other people on the lot. the same didn't work when i built them a house.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 7:15 PM
Awesome! Thanks for writing these scripts for people like us who are too dumb to figure it out on our own... :p
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Tazzianna : 28th Apr 2005 at 7:37 PM.
I hope you don't think this is stupid ...

Where do I put this if I have University since I have this install route for both TheSims2 and TheSims2University? I want to assume I put it in University but this thread doesn't say anything about EP ready... but it is right?

I thought we could use the glass door and window without changing the walls.txt but I just tried it in my game and used move objects on and they are either completely invisible or when put on a wall you can barely make out they are there lol... I'm def doing something wrong. :Slap:
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 7:38 PM
Wow, very cool! Thank you. You are really talented
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 9:34 PM
TAZZIANNA: You have to put the Walls.txt in the folder specified in the instruction even if you have UNI installed. You're right, UNI has its own walls.txt, but you have to leave it alone.

As for using the windows without the invisible walls, you actually can do it; but you don't have to place them on any wall: just place them in the open air, side by side, creating a glass wall. Obviously, since there is no wall, the glass room will be treated as an "outside" area.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 9:41 PM
Oops!! I've been using the walls.txt in the Uni directory all the time. I had assumed you mean just the directory that goes with your current installation.

I had formed the impression that the Sims 2 installation had become more or less obsolete after installing Uni. I mean it's not like we got Uni cheaper as an upgrade than if we'd bought it first.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 11:48 PM
good work as always. thank you numenor!
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 12:08 AM
I too use the prison objects, so I was thrilled to have the new barred window. But, when I attempted to install this mod I discovered, much to my surprise, I have no TSData directory. Any thoughts on that one?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 12:29 AM
INGE: actually, you can put my walls.txt in any of the two installations (TS2 or UNI), and it will work anyway. I always suggest to put it in the standard game folder (not in the UNI one), so that all the users have the same configuration.

FIRELIZARD: the TSdata folder is located in the gamedir, not in MyDocuments; Look into C:\Program Files\EA Games.
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 3:16 AM
I, like everyone else, love the invisible walls. However, I wanted to mention that I built glass walls around two cribs in a home and, of course, a door. The whole thing, all three connected walls, moved over one tile. This happened twice. I rebuilt the walls in the same place after the first time they moved, and they moved over one tile again. All three connected glass walls just scooted over in the same configuration as they were built. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? IS there any known reason for it? I've never seen walls move before. I did replace my wall.txt as instructed. I just thought that I should mention this.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 3:42 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
FIRELIZARD: the TSdata folder is located in the gamedir, not in MyDocuments; Look into C:\Program Files\EA Games.

Thanks. I found it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 8:11 AM Last edited by Numenor : 29th Apr 2005 at 8:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Go4fall
I, like everyone else, love the invisible walls. However, I wanted to mention that I built glass walls around two cribs in a home and, of course, a door. The whole thing, all three connected walls, moved over one tile. This happened twice. I rebuilt the walls in the same place after the first time they moved, and they moved over one tile again. All three connected glass walls just scooted over in the same configuration as they were built. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? IS there any known reason for it? I've never seen walls move before. I did replace my wall.txt as instructed. I just thought that I should mention this.

This is the oddest thing I've never heard Thank you for having reported this issue, I'm going to test it right now.
You talk about "three connected walls": is the fourth a normal wall?

EDIT: I couldn't replicate the problem you talk about... Look at these pictures: is this configuration similar to the one you used? And when did it happen the problem: while still in build mode or after a while that you were playing? Does it happen again if you build the glass room, in the same configuration, in another part of the house?
Screenshots

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 6:16 PM
Wow! Very cool, thanks!
#20 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:30 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Wow
Really cool
Magnificent
Awsome
Excellent
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:25 PM
I have a problem with this. After I installed this in the section you said my game crashes about 5 minutes into using any wall tool and it has happened on 3 different lots while using the wall tool. I took it out and put in the original and the game works fine now because I was building for about 1 hour and everything worked smoothly with no crashes. Just thought I would let you know.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:06 AM
I am a HUGE fan of the unlevel wall and have been using it constantly since you explained it to me on the glass wall thread. It makes building those split staircases a breeze!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:11 AM
It should be noted however that you need the package files to go with this txt file no?
Scholar
#24 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Rythela : 30th Apr 2005 at 3:55 AM.
Curious. Does this package have the All the walls and does that I mean I need to take the ones off from the other post or does this just have the information to put in the wall text?

Edit: There seems to be no Packages within the zip.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 9:57 AM
there is a walls.txt that needs to be copied into [gamedir]/TsData/Res/Config/Scripts
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 4:10 PM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Apr 2005 at 10:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by imjetguer
I have a problem with this. After I installed this in the section you said my game crashes about 5 minutes into using any wall tool and it has happened on 3 different lots while using the wall tool. I took it out and put in the original and the game works fine now because I was building for about 1 hour and everything worked smoothly with no crashes. Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks for reporting. Actually, long ago I had the same problem, but then it disappeared when (for different reasons) I had to reinstall the game.
I don't know, maybe there were some conflicts with old walls (I've messed up a lot with the walls.txt, in the beginning).
I'm sorry but I can't help you... Anyway I'm *not* going to ask you and reinstall the game only to use these walls! :D
Mind that the wall-windows and the glass doors can be used without the invisible wall, just using the move_objects cheat.

EDIT: See below

Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 7:40 PM
Nice
when i played my game to check out the walls. It crashed several time. Has this happened to any one
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Apr 2005 at 10:16 PM.
UPD. 30-APR - IMPORTANT: For the users that are experiencing frequent game crashes, try and download the "light" version, called "Walls_Invisible_and_Prison_ONLY.rar", that doesn't include the Unleveled wall. The installation instructions are the same as the standard Walls.txt

Please let me know if this solves the crashing problems.

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:58 PM
ohhh!!!! love it !!! i was hoping someone would make these walls
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st May 2005 at 1:41 AM Last edited by nectere : 1st May 2005 at 2:39 AM.
Actually for me it wasnt until I installed the prison walls that I started having crashes. Was using the invisible and unlevel wall just fine. So I thought I would check in here to see if someone else was having this same issue. Crashes are not limited to bulding walls now either, I seem to be having frequent crashes, about every 20 minutes or so...

taking out the prison package + prison wall text, will see if this fixes issue.

*nope didnt fix the issue, my entire legacy neighborhood is completely hosed now. I even took out every single download and it still didnt fix the issue, crash city...woohoo! oh well.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st May 2005 at 5:04 AM
Ill check out the update and report back tomorrow. Thankyou!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st May 2005 at 9:13 AM
NECTERE:
What I did was to remove the "unleveled" options from all the custom walls: this has led to a complete removal of the unleveled wall and a change in the invisible/prison ones, that now can't be built under uneven roofs any more.

Maybe, even if you have removed the walls.txt, the houses you have built in the meantime still are retaining some bad piece of information... Try bulldozing the lots that you have created using the custom walls.
#33 Old 1st May 2005 at 11:05 AM
Can these items,when using the cheat : boolprop constrainfloorelevaton (true/false)
Hey there.

Before downloading these Tools and walls..... Can they be used,when using the Cheat-code :
boolprop constrainfloorelevation (true/false)
and i´m thinking about building in the 16 different wall high's/size's in 1 wall.
Like : 1/16 - 2/16 - 3/16 - 1/4 - 5/16 - 6/16 - 7/16 - 1/2 - 9/16 - 10/16 - 11/16 - 3/4 - 13/16 - 14/16 - 15/16 and last 1/1 = 1:1 high/size wall :confused:
Or wiil you in the near future, make these Tools and walls fit, when using the Cheat-code :confused:

Mail : [email protected]

With kindly regards
(The Dane)
René Lydø
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st May 2005 at 11:43 AM
prisonwalls
I downloaded the invissible and prisonwalls, the invissible is something I want to make my glasshouses perfect with the use of your glass door and glass window without frame.
the walls work perfect, but for some reason I keep getting gateway timeouts when trying to download the door and window. :blah:
I try again later today, because only seetrough walls do not do the job.

I love your work, you are great. I have downloade a lot from you
my houses and com. lots look greater and better thanks a million !!!!
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st May 2005 at 6:15 PM
Hey in the neighborhood screen, do u see the glass walls on the houses. I only see the roofs and furniture
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st May 2005 at 8:03 PM
LYDOE1: To tell the truth, I don't understand what you are talking about... Are you talking about "half walls" created with the "constrain" cheat? I don't know that tecnique, though I've read something about it...
The problem should be that a half wall would need a half-size window, right? Seems a lot of work to create 16 different sizes of the window, I'm not sure I can find the time to do that, I'm sorry...

NEFFYH: you are right, the windows are not rendered in neighborhood view; eh, the devil makes the pots, but not the lids...

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:13 AM
I rebuilt the neighborhood houses, fortunetly there was only 3 and 1 community. Unfortunetly a bug remained in one of the houses that I couldnt find, causing weird and unrelated issues/crashes to occur, thus that house and its inhabitants were ultimately met with a tragic house fire and killer fly invasion...I tried moving them out, into different lots etc, but the problem followed them like a bad haunting.

I still keep getting intermitten crashes on the other lots, I may end up having to move everyone out and doing what you said - bulldoze.

I think I will just go back to the last update before the prison addition since that was working well for me without issues, I keep those downloads on a disk for this purpose. So no biggie.

Then again perhaps the prison walls were just the straw that broke the camels back, Sims2 is so buggy by itself, especially without using all the cheats that stop the madness. (legacy rules blah) :0)
Forum Resident
#38 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:27 AM
OK - this seems a little eaiser for me to try...I absolutely love this!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd May 2005 at 9:07 AM
NECTERE: I'm so sorry that you had so many problems! I still think that, though the "unleveled" code was built-in with the game (the walls built by the game under the roofs are unleveled), the combination of the "custom" unleveled wall and the building tool routines may lead to troubles, sometimes...
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:08 PM
I'm a little confused as to where to unzip files. ...do we unzip this to downloads or somewhere else?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Konecoshushi
I'm a little confused as to where to unzip files. ...do we unzip this to downloads or somewhere else?

Never mind

"Smile when it rains"
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th May 2005 at 7:17 AM
This is quite complicated, yeah? This is pretty cool though.. I've read the posts and read that there were crashes... Anyway, I'll try invisible walls ( and the glass walls as well) 'cause you're so good!!! Thanks
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th May 2005 at 10:47 AM
I download the full pack and report NO problem with my spanish version (sims 2 plus university) in any lot or build that i play... thanks for your amazing works.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 5th May 2005 at 1:38 PM
Thank you for reporting...! And my best regard to Santander!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th May 2005 at 9:01 PM
Awsome tried it works great thanks good work, love it.
So cool now I can make a green house.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 10th May 2005 at 9:02 PM
Oh and I found it to be simple to install not complicated like some people are saying very simple cool, love it.
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:09 AM
My sims cant go trough a door now :S
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:12 AM
Do you have the original walls.txt for me, i forget to make an backup file
Instructor
#49 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:30 AM
I Love You!!!!
Instructor
#50 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:33 AM
zak..... that is not a good sign, here u go.... and next time, follow instructions. very important.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  walls.txt (7.3 KB, 180 downloads)
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:50 AM
1000000000000000000000 times thanks
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th May 2005 at 10:04 AM
I have 1 other thing to say: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS DOWNLOAD (I think it was an other file, sorry for the post!)
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 14th May 2005 at 8:42 AM
Hey I'm reporting back and I used the lite version and the game is still crashing. But when I lower the graphics settings it doesnt crash so maybe its not the walls. One thing I wanted to ask is if I upload a house with these windows and I use the invisible wall, what will happen if a person who downloads the home doesnt have this custom walls.txt?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 14th May 2005 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Numenor : 14th May 2005 at 2:55 PM.
The game replaces the "unknown" custom wall with another wall or fence, so your lot would be all messed up.
I made this mistake, once, and I had to rebuild the house from scratch: all my "unleveled" walls were replaced by iron fences!

The best you can do is placing the windows without a supporting wall (using the move_object cheat), so the users don't have to install the invisible wall.
Or you should alert the users that the lot needs the custom walls to be correctly displayed.

Test Subject
#55 Old 18th May 2005 at 9:28 PM
I had already modified walls.txt so that I could attach objects to foundation walls (which makes basements much more useful), so I just appended your definitions of custom walls to my existing walls.txt.

No problems found so far! :D
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 19th May 2005 at 9:06 AM
Is there any chance of them both being zip
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 19th May 2005 at 9:15 AM
No, sorry; the downloads server is already under great stress, duplicating the attachments is not a good idea.

But read this very useful info:
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62041
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 19th May 2005 at 9:47 AM
Thanks Sorry if that was stupid Question
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 19th May 2005 at 10:55 AM
Not at all. You may have read this from me many times: "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers"
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 19th May 2005 at 1:45 PM
Thanks where do i thank you for your post
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 19th May 2005 at 2:07 PM
Actually, I had to ask the Admins, to know about this new "Thank You" feature... LOL!
Anyway, there should be a "Thank You" button at the very end of the first post.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:48 PM
There are much difficult words! can someone make a dutch version for me, please???????
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:49 PM
and from the "Wall-Window" glass set: Window/Door/Double Door (UPD 08-MAY) thread too?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 20th May 2005 at 11:24 PM
Numeror:

I've just released my Build Tutorial, and the first part of it requires that users change requiresFlatTop and requiresFlatBottom to false on the normal walls. I've been using that tweak for months...

I don't think that's going to be a conflict with your post, however, since it's a tweak on the normal wall. It's useful for me to have as a builder, but people downloading my lots don't need it.

But I just thought I'd let you know! And... I have a hunch that it might cause issues? Haven't seen any yet though.

For reference, my Ultimate Architecture Tutorial can be found here.

And my old pagoda tutorial, which mentionned the same tweak, can be found in this thread
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 21st May 2005 at 12:45 AM
Thanks for letting me know, though - like you say - there's absolutely no conflict with my custom walls. My "full" pack includes a custom "unleveled" wall, that uses those tweaks, but I decided to release a "light" wall pack without them, because some users experienced some (rare) crashes.

I guess that you've never experienced crashes due to the requiresFlatTop/Bottom tweak, since you use so extensively....

Thanks for the links, your tuts are always very interesting and useful.
#66 Old 21st May 2005 at 4:28 AM
I do not have the [gamedir]/TsData/Res/Config/Scripts.
I found that on the disk, and so I assume that the game runs from that, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea's on how I can fix this problem, so that I can replace the walls.txt file for the custom walls. any help would be appreciated.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 21st May 2005 at 7:12 AM
thanks so much :clap:
Forum Resident
#68 Old 21st May 2005 at 9:41 AM
do not look into your my documents folder, but into the directory you installed sims2.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 21st May 2005 at 9:49 AM
Spaz-o-matic: I'm sure you have't looked in the right place; the came simply can't run without a "script" folder.

In a standard installation the path should be:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts

If you can't find it, perform a search (with Windows) for the file "walls.txt" in the whole C:\ disk (in case you have a custom installation and you don't know).
#70 Old 21st May 2005 at 1:29 PM
I did a search on my entire computer, and still no luck. it has to be running off the walls.txt that is on the disk. I know I did not do a custom install.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 21st May 2005 at 4:33 PM
Is there anybody who can translate this all!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 21st May 2005 at 4:34 PM
from those threads???
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 21st May 2005 at 10:08 PM
FLYINGDUTCHMAN: sorry, I don't speak Dutch... Actually, I thought that English was a widely known language in the Netherlands...

SPAZ-O-MATIC: this is extremely odd! Try this:
1) Right-click on the Sims2 icon (the one that you use to start the game), choose "Properties" and then "Find destination": a window will open up;
2) go up level twice;
3) open the folder "The sims 2", then the folder "TSData", then "Res", then "Catalog" and finally "Scripts"
4) now check if there is a "walls.txt" (or simply "walls").

If you don't find it, you shouldn't be able to build any wall (when you select the wall tool, from the build menu, you aren't given any wall type to choose from).
In other words, the game can't work correctly without that file.
#74 Old 22nd May 2005 at 5:28 AM
I think what the problem is, is that my game is running off the walls.txt that is on the disk, because that dir is not on my comp at all (TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts) I get to the sims2 folder but the rest is not there at all...but it is on the disk. I need to figure out a way to get everything off the disk onto my comp and then make the game run from my comp without the disk. I have been searching for a "no-disk" patch, but with no success as of late.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 22nd May 2005 at 8:45 AM
When I installed the game, it didn't give me the option to run from disk: it automatically installed *all* the contents onto the hard disk.
Obviously, the game needs the CD inserted, in order to run, but only for protection, not to read system files.

If I were you, I'd reinstall the game: if you are given any option, choose to install everything on the hard disk: the game will load and run much faster, and you'll find the needed files to edit, when you need them.

There's no need to have no-disk patch (and remember that this subject is strictly forbidden here on MTS2, even if you are not going to commit any piracy).
Forum Resident
#76 Old 22nd May 2005 at 9:51 AM
I renamed TSDATA and got an empty error message.
did you really choose the right sims2-folder that numenor and i told you to choose?
#77 Old 22nd May 2005 at 1:07 PM
oops.....my bad
#78 Old 22nd May 2005 at 2:06 PM
ummmm....I uninstalled and then reinstalled sims2 and I got the walls.txt now and I over wrote it with the walls.txt for invisible and prison walls, and now when I try and open sims2 all I get is an error box with a (.) period on it, and and ok box......yikes
#79 Old 22nd May 2005 at 3:03 PM
nevermind...I reinstalled again and it's working fine again.
#80 Old 22nd May 2005 at 3:54 PM
Thanx for all your help Numenor
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 26th May 2005 at 8:42 AM
your walls are great. i hade no problems (till jet )with it.
my english is terrible.sorry,and i hope i post right. the only thing is i cant make courtains or blinds on it.thank you for the walls and the glass doors and windows.
Test Subject
#82 Old 30th May 2005 at 4:19 PM
i think i need help installing this
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 31st May 2005 at 7:31 AM
The installation instruction provided on Post #1 are clear enough, I think, but if you find problems with a specific step, just tell me and I'll explain better.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 9:42 PM
thanx alot
Test Subject
#85 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:20 PM
I don't KNow??
Hello I have been trying ot use the invisable walls but I can't seem to get them to work. I used the other download you showed on the other thread and I exctracteed the files to my sims downloads and I don't get the invisable wall icon in build mode. I used the pack with out the unleveled walls. What an I doing wring?!!! :howdy:
Test Subject
#86 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jade589706
Hello I have been trying ot use the invisable walls but I can't seem to get them to work. I used the other download you showed on the other thread and I exctracteed the files to my sims downloads and I don't get the invisable wall icon in build mode. I used the pack with out the unleveled walls. What an I doing wring?!!! :howdy:
I AM A BIG IDIOT NEVER MIND!!!
Test Subject
#87 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 5:12 AM
Im kinda confused about installing this
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 8:21 AM
Fromiao, if you are going to install this because you want to use my WallWindow set, then you don't need it any more: the full-size windows and doors can be used on normal walls, now.

But if you *want* to install the custom walls, and you are confused on how to do it, the instructrions on Post #1 are quite clear. If you don't understand something, ask me a specific question and I'll explain better.

#89 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 6:23 PM
Is it possible for you to make the wall.txt for unleveled wall only? Since we don't need the invisible and I never use prison wall, I just want to make less objects in the build mode as much as I can.
I find your unleveled wall is very useful for me to make split rooms with steps. One of my fave build object actually After all, I wanted to say, thanks alot for making those essential build objects like glass window/door esp. the hidden window...I always wanted them!!! All TS1 player must remembered and have downloaded glass wall window from Simorphor and the invisible window and cut-out walls from LISIMS.
And I really wished someone will do the same thing for TS2
Yayyy...my houses will look different from now
Can't wait for your next creations!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 9:29 PM
Princess, having those two (unwanted) additional walls doesn't harm: you can just avoid using them; they won't waste precious computer resources. There are already too many versions of the walls.txt files, and another one would be useless.
shiny!
retired moderator
#91 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 5:28 PM
If I have uni do I need to replace both the wall.txt in the university directory as well, or still just the main directory??
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:24 PM
Only in the main directory!!! If you replace both walls.txt, your game will crash!
shiny!
retired moderator
#93 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 10:25 PM
oooh.. I see. Okay, thank you!
Field Researcher
#94 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:47 PM
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, Numenor for creating this file. The unleveled walls have finally allowed me to start building the kind of stuff I've only dreamed of doing before. I've included some pics of the kind of houses I can build now. Once again many thanks.
Screenshots

When I'm all alone and blue as can be, dream a little dream of me.
Forum Resident
#95 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 5:04 PM
the first one eminds me of the starship i'm currently playing. the story and the shape are inspired by the tv show "power rangers lost galaxy", which, though mad for little children, has some adult fans in germany.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 11:55 PM
Wirelessguy, those houses are astonishing! And in the first picture, the sim seems as astonished as me
Test Subject
#97 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 10:06 AM
Thank You very much!!

I have a question

If the unlevel walls do not work in someones game and they just install the light wall pack how will it effect houses made with unlevel walls that are installed in the game?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 9:57 PM
People should not post lots made with the unleveled walls; or if they do, they should warn the downloader that the "full" wall pack is needed.

If you download a lot that uses a wall that you haven't installed, all the "missing" walls will be replaced by black iron fences.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 2:03 PM
i dont seem to have the file u need to access to replace the walls
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 2:11 PM
dw bout it after afew hours trying on and off i finally found the right file!
Page 1 of 4