Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 15
Forum Resident
#76 Old 22nd May 2005 at 9:51 AM
I renamed TSDATA and got an empty error message.
did you really choose the right sims2-folder that numenor and i told you to choose?
#77 Old 22nd May 2005 at 1:07 PM
oops.....my bad
#78 Old 22nd May 2005 at 2:06 PM
ummmm....I uninstalled and then reinstalled sims2 and I got the walls.txt now and I over wrote it with the walls.txt for invisible and prison walls, and now when I try and open sims2 all I get is an error box with a (.) period on it, and and ok box......yikes
#79 Old 22nd May 2005 at 3:03 PM
nevermind...I reinstalled again and it's working fine again.
#80 Old 22nd May 2005 at 3:54 PM
Thanx for all your help Numenor
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 26th May 2005 at 8:42 AM
your walls are great. i hade no problems (till jet )with it.
my english is terrible.sorry,and i hope i post right. the only thing is i cant make courtains or blinds on it.thank you for the walls and the glass doors and windows.
Test Subject
#82 Old 30th May 2005 at 4:19 PM
i think i need help installing this
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 31st May 2005 at 7:31 AM
The installation instruction provided on Post #1 are clear enough, I think, but if you find problems with a specific step, just tell me and I'll explain better.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 9:42 PM
thanx alot
Test Subject
#85 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:20 PM
I don't KNow??
Hello I have been trying ot use the invisable walls but I can't seem to get them to work. I used the other download you showed on the other thread and I exctracteed the files to my sims downloads and I don't get the invisable wall icon in build mode. I used the pack with out the unleveled walls. What an I doing wring?!!! :howdy:
Test Subject
#86 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jade589706
Hello I have been trying ot use the invisable walls but I can't seem to get them to work. I used the other download you showed on the other thread and I exctracteed the files to my sims downloads and I don't get the invisable wall icon in build mode. I used the pack with out the unleveled walls. What an I doing wring?!!! :howdy:
I AM A BIG IDIOT NEVER MIND!!!
Test Subject
#87 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 5:12 AM
Im kinda confused about installing this
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 8:21 AM
Fromiao, if you are going to install this because you want to use my WallWindow set, then you don't need it any more: the full-size windows and doors can be used on normal walls, now.

But if you *want* to install the custom walls, and you are confused on how to do it, the instructrions on Post #1 are quite clear. If you don't understand something, ask me a specific question and I'll explain better.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
#89 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 6:23 PM
Is it possible for you to make the wall.txt for unleveled wall only? Since we don't need the invisible and I never use prison wall, I just want to make less objects in the build mode as much as I can.
I find your unleveled wall is very useful for me to make split rooms with steps. One of my fave build object actually After all, I wanted to say, thanks alot for making those essential build objects like glass window/door esp. the hidden window...I always wanted them!!! All TS1 player must remembered and have downloaded glass wall window from Simorphor and the invisible window and cut-out walls from LISIMS.
And I really wished someone will do the same thing for TS2
Yayyy...my houses will look different from now
Can't wait for your next creations!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 9:29 PM
Princess, having those two (unwanted) additional walls doesn't harm: you can just avoid using them; they won't waste precious computer resources. There are already too many versions of the walls.txt files, and another one would be useless.
shiny!
retired moderator
#91 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 5:28 PM
If I have uni do I need to replace both the wall.txt in the university directory as well, or still just the main directory??
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:24 PM
Only in the main directory!!! If you replace both walls.txt, your game will crash!
shiny!
retired moderator
#93 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 10:25 PM
oooh.. I see. Okay, thank you!
Field Researcher
#94 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:47 PM
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, Numenor for creating this file. The unleveled walls have finally allowed me to start building the kind of stuff I've only dreamed of doing before. I've included some pics of the kind of houses I can build now. Once again many thanks.
Screenshots

When I'm all alone and blue as can be, dream a little dream of me.
Forum Resident
#95 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 5:04 PM
the first one eminds me of the starship i'm currently playing. the story and the shape are inspired by the tv show "power rangers lost galaxy", which, though mad for little children, has some adult fans in germany.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 11:55 PM
Wirelessguy, those houses are astonishing! And in the first picture, the sim seems as astonished as me
Test Subject
#97 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 10:06 AM
Thank You very much!!

I have a question

If the unlevel walls do not work in someones game and they just install the light wall pack how will it effect houses made with unlevel walls that are installed in the game?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 9:57 PM
People should not post lots made with the unleveled walls; or if they do, they should warn the downloader that the "full" wall pack is needed.

If you download a lot that uses a wall that you haven't installed, all the "missing" walls will be replaced by black iron fences.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 2:03 PM
i dont seem to have the file u need to access to replace the walls
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 2:11 PM
dw bout it after afew hours trying on and off i finally found the right file!
Page 4 of 15