Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moar Interactions

by Buzzler Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 7:55 PM - Updated 25th Jan 2015 at 4:19 PM by Buzzler

1044 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 733 Feedback Posts, 310 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 42
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
LifesLover is quite right. The sim stalled while waiting for its career outfit. Pause the game if you don't want to lose time when that happens. The three hours begin counting down as soon as the interaction starts. That's deliberate, because I wanted to make sure that the overtime interaction doesn't overlap with regular work or anything. That's only possible if I have definite numbers, i.e. 3 hours in this case, but not if I had one definite number plus an indefinite timespan for routing or other monkey businesses. The pay and performance gain should be for what the sim actually worked, and it's impossible to lose perfomance by working overtime anyway.

u mean u can make it more than 3 hours?

if yes can u make a version with 5 hours?
Field Researcher
#27 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Do you have a script error or something? And: doing laundry is actually part of twallan's StoryProgression?

Well I had no idea until the script error
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  ScriptError_SCOTT__03-23-2011__18-37-01__15E4F974.7z (2.1 KB, 33 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 12:39 PM
The go to bed interaction is showing up in my game and I have twallan's woohooer installed, would there be any reason the "stock with" and "remove all but" interactions aren't showing up in my game. Btw I love this mod.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:40 PM
Re Do Laundry: Should be fixed now.

@Anach: Thanks for the script error. That made it much easier to see where things went wrong.

@cateyes2201: Wäsche waschen sollte jetzt funktionieren.

@domplol: The shift length can be altered by changing the kShiftLength field in the TwoBTech.MoarInteractions.Interactions.Tuning XML with a package editor like S3PE.

@molie3: The StockWith/Remove interaction will only show up if there are ingredients to begin with, in the fridge inventory and/or the sim inventory.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:41 PM
Nice job Buzz!

Here is the Finnish translation.
I'll test it once you have added it and recheck all the interactions, since there are not always direct translations, so some things may be correctly translated, but still look funny.
In case it needs fixing I'll correct the bits, reupload the file and let you know.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MoarInteractionsStrings_FIN.rar (2.7 KB, 21 downloads)
Description: Finnish translations for Buzz's mod
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:53 PM
Thanks, armi! I've added the translation. BTW: You don't need to use the gender-dependent braces thing if it's the same for both genders anyway. Instead of "{MA.hänen}{FA.hänen}" you could have simply used "hänen". Doesn't hurt either, though, so no need to change that now.

Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:14 PM Last edited by SimDreamer : 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:52 PM.
I've been enjoying this mod, however I ran into a few minor issues since installing it. I get duplicate options, for example clicking the ground the 'Go here' option is diplayed multiple times. Also normal doors can't be clicked on to lock or open. It's most troublesome when in a tomb and the only way to go through to the next room is by clicking the door and selecting 'go through door', which is now not showing that option. Not sure if it is from this mod, but it's only happened since installing it, and I've checked with the Dashboard and there's no conflicts. Do you have any suggestions?

See following images for 'go here' duplicates. Can't screenshot the doors not working for obvious reasons.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:28 PM
Great mod and thank you, but got this exception using the Socialize function
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ScriptError_brown-PC__03-23-2011__12-27-39__9F175889.zip (1.2 KB, 19 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:38 PM Last edited by crinury : 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:30 PM. Reason: Attempted to add attachment
I can't wait to try this mod in my game, it sounds great! Some of these interactions are just beautifully common-sense, like the possibility of having the repairman/woman come upgrade plumbing! I would like to contribute with a French translation, I'll start working on it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:46 PM
Hallo Buzzler,

da muss ich Cateyes2201 recht geben.

Das man keine Wäsche mehr waschen kann.

Des weiteren ist mir auch auf gefallen das noch einiges in dem Mod auf English ist.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#36 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:00 PM Last edited by armiel : 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:13 PM.
OK, I was gonna ask you if those bits could be removed or were they a must have :P

I fixed some wonky sentences, as I assumed right, the direct translations didn't work on all cases. Should be all good now. Also {0.String} didn't work at all in finnish version, don't know if it works on english one. In game the sentence that used that didn't have 2 sim names but only "and" so the sentence was like "would you like to cancel schoolbus from and?"
I bypassed this by simply using valituilta simeiltä which means from selected sims.

Anyways, here is the fixed version, I also took out all the {MA.hänen} etc since I was already going to edit my translation better.

EDIT
Uh-oh, wasn't suppose to delete the {0.String}? If I messed up ,talk to you more at chat when you show up...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MoarInteractionsStrings_FIN.rar (2.7 KB, 16 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:35 PM
Hey, Buzzler. I love your Mods. You do great work. I can't get my Sim to "do laundry" with this mod, however. I have him gather laundry on the home lot and then when I click on his washing machine to "do laundry" the interaction never happens. I notice cateyes2201 posted about the washing machine interactions being broken and you posted that laundry had been fixed, but I downloaded this mod today and I have the same issue as cateyes2201. Thanks for your help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:48 PM
Very useful and awesome! Makes my Sim and Me happier!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:08 PM
I keep checking on new mods/objects for sims 3 on mts for quite a while, more out of habit than searching for something.
So, while reading through ur interactions tabled i think i teared up.
Also, will u marry me?
Original Poster
#40 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:53 PM
@SimDreamer: Should be fixed now.

@snakeboy: The error occurs while calling an EAxian interaction to get the available socials. That interaction throwing an exception is incredibly uncool. Did you initiate the Socialize interaction or was it autonomous? You weren't able to click on the target sim, were you? If you have a savegame in which I can re-enact that error, I'd appreciate if you uploaded it.

@The_Rookie: Laundry should alread be fixed. Please redownload. And of course a lot of the strings are English as long as nobody translates them. I didn't translate this mod to German, because I don't play it in German so I couldn't test it.

Also please note that this is an English forum, so you *need* to post in English. Nobody expects your postings to win a Pulitzer price, but you need to make an effort to write in English. You may post the same thing in German as well, though.

Auf deutsch: Wäsche waschen sollte längst repariert sein. Bitte lade die Mod noch mal herunter. Und ja klar sind eine Menge der Texte auf englisch so lange sie niemand übersetzt. Ich habe die Mod nicht auf deutsch übersetzt, weil ich das Spiel nicht auf deutsch spiele und die Übersetzung deshalb nicht testen könnte.

Außerdem ist dies ein englischsprachiges Forum, in dem man auf englisch posten *muss*. Niemand erwartet, dass Du einen Pulitzer-Preis mit Deinen Postings gewinnst, aber Du musst es wenigstens versuchen. Du kannst den selben Inhalt allerdings zusätzlich auf deutsch schreiben.

@armiel: I accidently wrote {SimFirstName} instead of {0.SimFirstName} in the first three entries. Fixed it. You can now change back that {0.String} (one of the CarPool strings I guess) you removed. And damn I'm 100% certain that I saw that sim listing working. I must have somehow borked that again after testing.

@remler66il: Laundry should already be fixed. Please redownload to make sure you have the most recent version.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:12 PM
Redownloaded. Laundry is fixed. Thanks for the Mod!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#42 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:21 PM
Ok, I added the {0.String}'s back :P
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MoarInteractionsStrings_FIN.rar (2.6 KB, 10 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:31 PM
First of all thanks for a great mod I've been playing a while and it adds so much to the game.

I just downloaded the latest version and now I can't call the repairmen to do upgrades, the option no longer comes up on the pie menu. It was definitely working in the previous version.
Test Subject
#44 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:37 PM
German Translation
Hey there!
Great Mod!
Not tested yet, but i was looking foreward to this "macro-stuff" since Sims 3 is out So I'd like to support it and made a german translation!

Hope i could help

Have an nice day

Bye
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MoarInteractionsStrings_DE.txt.zip (3.2 KB, 28 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:51 PM
Would it be possible to have a gardener sim with this mod, maybe in a future update?
Original Poster
#46 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:09 PM
@ukbucket: Fixed. Sorry, I forgot an exclamation mark in a check, so the result was the total opposite of what I intended.

@the_wizard: Thanks for your effort, honestly. But your translation seems to be off in a couple places and it seems kinda stilted (gestelzt) here and there, so I won't add it for now.

@kittenvampire14: Maybe, yes. I'll put it on my list for things to consider.

Test Subject
#47 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:13 PM
I have a question. Is it okay to overwrite the .package with the newest version? Can it result in problems? Thank you!

By the way, Spanish traslation works fine as long as I can see. I'll keep playing and checking for errors though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:28 PM
Thanks Buzzler I missed it even though i've only had the mod a couple of hours lol
Original Poster
#49 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pablosky64
I have a question. Is it okay to overwrite the .package with the newest version? Can it result in problems?
No, just let the new package overwrite the previous package. That's exactly the way to go.

Test Subject
#50 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:07 PM
Here is the French translation!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MoarInteractionsStrings_FR.zip (2.8 KB, 24 downloads)
Page 2 of 42