Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26051 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
=
Do you have to take it out of their inventory & set it on something? Do they show a "thought bubble" or can you just zoom in to see it? And does that give them "pleasure" like looking at a painting?

Yes, you put it on the wall and then they can look at it. It will actually pop up a special big box UI and you can see the bugs.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#26052 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I always thought that too; I tried to have a sim call in sick when she moved in to the active household half way through a shift; call in sick not available. So my only options were to make her walk to work and have the 'late for work' notice or keep her home and have the 'missed work' notice. Bah!

If this happens, I believe you can actually use the batbox to "fix work state" and then the sim should be set as not having to work that day.
Forum Resident
#26053 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 6:41 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 26th Jan 2021 at 1:28 AM.
Default Who do I credit for this dress?
So My Minerva McGonagall sim is ready for upload however her dress is a recoulor by me of Almighty Hat's AL retexture of K8's Fairy dress on Parsimonious Cynnix's using AF mesh and TF conversion both with pregmorph. and I am a little unsure how to word the credit, other than obviously to Cynnix, Almighythat and Kate. Also I am confused on Almighty hat's policy for this it says "the Fairy Witch witches follow my policy on the sidebar," But I can't find it on their site?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26054 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 9:45 PM
Thank you Kestrellyn for that tip!
Mad Poster
#26055 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 1:58 AM
And more about work; When my Sims want to stay home from work, I can't create that memory. It says wait till the car comes (& what if they drive their own?) and then cancel the action. That does NOT create the stay-home memory

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#26056 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 2:00 AM
I don't think there is such a memory, just a want.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#26057 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Intriguing..Art thou Wiccan? or is one of us confused? Magic=convenient? Hadn't thought of that. But then, I'm just a tree-hugger.

I'm afraid I'm not following you... What is there to be confused about?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Instructor
#26058 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 4:11 AM
What happens if I place more than one chef stove in a community lot?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26059 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
What happens if I place more than one chef stove in a community lot?

I would assume a second chef will spawn to use it, the same way as each till gets a cashier.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#26060 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would assume a second chef will spawn to use it, the same way as each till gets a cashier.

I can confirm yes, and another waiter though I would not recommend unless you have a rather larger building, as it causes routing issues. Or nobody picks up the dish as they all focus around one stove
Mad Poster
#26061 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 2:58 PM
^ The same happens if you place the items on residential lots (which I really don't recommend due to the annoyance). Was playing a lot and had made a mock restaurant, and suddenly found a waiter running around. Turned out the restaurant was running itself without customers, the cook busy making food and everything, and I have no clue where that waiter was running to, because the restaurant was on another floor

(Seems removing the items removes the NPC that spawned with them, though)

Anyway, if I ever want to make mock restaurants again, I'm using deco versions of those items...
Scholar
#26062 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 8:22 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 26th Jan 2021 at 11:07 PM.
What causes the Multi PT to show up in the relationship panel when you impregnate a Sim via Pregnancy Manipulator (Sim Manipulator) and change the pregnancy stage to 3rd Trimester? I'm trying to have Pascal's pregnancy use one of my Multi PT but every time I impregnate him and put his pregnancy to where it should be, he automatically knows the PT that impregnated him. Can I remove the relationship somehow? Is it problematic in the future if I just left it there? Never had this problem before (unless I did and just never noticed). Thanks!

Edit: I found Monique's Relationship Remover gnome thingy. I used that to get rid of the PT from the relationship panel. I'd still like to know if there will be possible issues in the future though. :D
Mad Poster
#26063 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
What causes the Multi PT to show up in the relationship panel when you impregnate a Sim via Pregnancy Manipulator (Sim Manipulator) and change the pregnancy stage to 3rd Trimester? I'm trying to have Pascal's pregnancy use one of my Multi PT but every time I impregnate him and put his pregnancy to where it should be, he automatically knows the PT that impregnated him. Can I remove the relationship somehow? Is it problematic in the future if I just left it there? Never had this problem before (unless I did and just never noticed). Thanks!

Edit: I found Monique's Relationship Remover gnome thingy. I used that to get rid of the PT from the relationship panel. I'd still like to know if there will be possible issues in the future though. :D

I think they appear if you copied PTs into neighborhood characters folder. If they don't have character files in neighborhood, they might not appear in relationship panel.
Do you mean in future that PT will appear as parent sending child to college?
Mad Poster
#26064 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I don't think there is such a memory, just a want.

right. What I should have said was it just doesn't satisfy the WANT.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#26065 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 2:38 PM
Have you tried waiting until their workday has ended? Maybe that's when the want officially gets fulfilled, as you can send them to work anytime, but risk facing a penalty.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#26066 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 4:52 PM
CrystalFlame is right. You need to lock the stay-home-from-work want until it's fulfilled - which is not when the car departs, but at the time they get the "you-skipped-work-today" message several hours later. If you don't lock it, there's a good chance it'll roll away before it's fulfilled.
Scholar
#26067 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I think they appear if you copied PTs into neighborhood characters folder. If they don't have character files in neighborhood, they might not appear in relationship panel.

I haven't moved them into the characters folder, all files relating to the Multi PT mod (including the characters) are in the Downloads folder (DO NOT REMOVE specifically).

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Do you mean in future that PT will appear as parent sending child to college?

I haven't gotten that far yet as the pregnancy that I've noticed it happening to is Pascal, who comes pregnant at the start of every game. I don't play with cut-scenes on as I've seen them so many times so I don't think I'll ever know the answer. I'm going to run a few tests on a throwaway hood to see if it could just be because I'm cheating the stage of pregnancy. I'll also turn on the cut-scenes just to test for that specific scenario you mentioned.

Thank you!
Mad Poster
#26068 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 8:00 PM
PTs never appear in the college cinematic for some reason, but they do often block the human parent from appearing unless you get my mod that fixes that. Of course, if you play without cinematics you don't need it.
Scholar
#26069 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 6:51 AM
Is there any way to zoom or adjust the camera for the 'change appearance' window? It's so difficult telling makeup apart outside of CAS.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#26070 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 1:54 PM Last edited by Charity : 28th Jan 2021 at 2:31 PM.
I've got an error message from HCDU that I've never had before. It gives me this message then crashes. Removing the hair in question fixes it, but what exactly is wrong with the hair that it doesn't like?

Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility - Version 2.00.03

Error: 53
File not found

Module: modSimsPackage
Procedure: gsLoadPackageIndexOnly

Install Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\HCDU
Data Path: D:\Documents
Sims Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base

Additional Error Data:
Filename = D:\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\downloads\Victorian Hair\Almighty Hat Hair Vic\[Almighty Hat] In Plain Sight (Tenshii Akari MtF Curly Fade by Pinketamine Nouklet'd with Alfi)\[Almighty Hat] TA12 Curly Fade MtF Pinket Alfi 00 Time Bomb.package
Forum Resident
#26071 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 2:53 PM Last edited by HobbesED : 28th Jan 2021 at 3:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I've got an error message from HCDU that I've never had before. It gives me this message then crashes. Removing the hair in question fixes it, but what exactly is wrong with the hair that it doesn't like?

Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility - Version 2.00.03

Error: 53
File not found

Module: modSimsPackage
Procedure: gsLoadPackageIndexOnly

Install Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\HCDU
Data Path: D:\Documents
Sims Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base

Additional Error Data:
Filename = D:\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\downloads\Victorian Hair\Almighty Hat Hair Vic\[Almighty Hat] In Plain Sight (Tenshii Akari MtF Curly Fade by Pinketamine Nouklet'd with Alfi)\[Almighty Hat] TA12 Curly Fade MtF Pinket Alfi 00 Time Bomb.package

Just a guess but I suspect the file path name is too long. There are 256 characters before the ".package". Some programs can't handle more than 255 character path names.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#26072 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Is there any way to zoom or adjust the camera for the 'change appearance' window? It's so difficult telling makeup apart outside of CAS.

ChangeAppearance1058.zip (167.3 kB) will increase the size a bit, requires a minimum screen width of 1058.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#26073 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Just a guess but I suspect the file path name is too long. There are 256 characters before the ".package". Some programs can't handle more than 255 character path names.

One character over lol? That seems to have been exactly the problem, thanks, because chucking it in the main folder fixed everything. And I didn't get the problem in my modern hood (and therefore presumed that it would work in my period hood) because the hair folder has a couple less characters in the description.

I think that it's time to let bulk renamer loose on my Almighty Hat files instead of just planning to do it.

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#26074 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 5:40 PM
Glad "stupid" is in the name of this thread because I feel like this is a really stupid one but I remain mystified.

How are "animation friendly" eyes different from... other eyes?

They all look pretty to me! Lol.
Mad Poster
#26075 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
One character over lol? That seems to have been exactly the problem, thanks, because chucking it in the main folder fixed everything. And I didn't get the problem in my modern hood (and therefore presumed that it would work in my period hood) because the hair folder has a couple less characters in the description.

I think that it's time to let bulk renamer loose on my Almighty Hat files instead of just planning to do it.

Thanks!

Shorter filenames, people! Shorter filenames!

(In all seriousness, it takes a lot to get to 256 characters, but not as much as you think. Unfortunately, newer systems don't give you a single clue. I remember on my XP laptop, I'd sometimes get these squiggly lines ~ suddenly on some files, and had absolutely no clue why. Took me a while to realize it was because the filepath was too long, and the file didn't copy properly. I think it was my first year or so with simming and my first laptop, so I'll give myself a free pass for not knowing there even was a limit )
Page 1043 of 1346