Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#24651 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 1:18 PM
If a runaway teen has a mobile phone, is it possible to invite them over?

Could a friend ask them to move in?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#24652 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya

I don't think so. Because to the game, that sim has 'disappeared' into the ether, and they should not pop up the directory.
Although I've only had 1 teen runaway, so that's all I have to base this on.
Besides, they don't want to be found, either.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#24653 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya

It's possible to call them even without a cellphone, the game still treats them as if they lived in the house with the landline. As for moving them in, you'll need mods for that but that's also possible. They're just hidden on their home lot.
Field Researcher
#24654 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 4:10 PM
Well, they might not want to be found, but I think it's way more likely to run towards something - a Teen might decide to crash at their best friend, or a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Or maybe even a relative that understands them better than their parents.

Teens that just run without friends are more likely to go back home than stay out in the streets, I think.

Which is why I'd like to call them and move them in somewhere else. Apart from the fact I don't like to not play their teen years

Thanks, sugoisama, I'll try that when I restart Pleasant view
Theorist
#24655 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 8:37 PM
An enemy called my playable on the phone.
Is that normal behaviour?
Instructor
#24656 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
An enemy called my playable on the phone.
Is that normal behaviour?

It is in my game. I always have to watch because my Sims never want to keep their enemies!! Goodie-two shoes.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Field Researcher
#24657 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 3:51 AM
The Maxis bridge doesn't show in my game from the lots which I understand is just a thing. I've never researched a solution to that but recently had to remove a bridge because it disappeared in lot view so am now wondering if there's a way to make it visible.
Alchemist
#24658 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 6:47 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 28th Aug 2020 at 7:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jain
The Maxis bridge doesn't show in my game from the lots which I understand is just a thing. I've never researched a solution to that but recently had to remove a bridge because it disappeared in lot view so am now wondering if there's a way to make it visible.

I've been thinking about this, too. I'm not sure we can make the nh bridge, itself, visible, but I wonder about a hood deco version that could be placed over it or instead of it. I'll be interested if others have a solution. I know there are other deco bridges, but I like the Maxis one. I've been making hood deco so it's on my list. I've extracted the meshes and will see what comes of it.
Field Researcher
#24659 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I've been thinking about this, too. I'm not sure we can make the nh bridge, itself, visible, but I wonder about a hood deco version that could be placed over it or instead of it. I'll be interested if others have a solution. I know there are other deco bridges, but I like the Maxis one. I've been making hood deco so it's on my list. I've extracted the meshes and will see what comes of it.
What a clever solution! I use the other bridges too but the Maxis one is a great deal more 'solid', a heavy serious looking bridge. It works in medieval neighborhoods, some fantasy neighborhoods, and neighborhoods that are mountainous and distant. I wish we could use some of the other bridges in SC4 but at least it would be nice to see the one we do have. Thank you for considering tackling this thing.
Scholar
#24660 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 8:19 PM
I think I know the answer to these questions but since I don't play this way often I just want to be sure. First I will say that I do have all the dead sim mods that fix everything. Am I right in thinking that if I have a single parent and teen in a household and the parent dies that the teen can live alone? That is just vanilla gameplay, correct?
If the teen goes to Uni can he put the urn/gravestone in his inventory and be haunted on campus? Can he then take it with him when he graduates?
It's a storyline I'm pursuing where the teen will be haunted by his dead father through his life. Want to make sure it will work if I'm moving that grave around via sim inventory from lot to lot.
Oh, and as a side note if a sim with perma plat status dies not by natural causes will the ghost reflect that or will it be a platinum ghost?
Mad Poster
#24661 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 8:42 PM
The teen can live on his own and the tombstone can be carried around in inventory. I had a problem with the tombstone of Ivy Copur constantly vanishing and needing to be respawned at university, but that was Drama Acres and who knows if that was a University bug, a Greek house bug, or a Drama Acres bug?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#24662 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Aug 2020 at 2:33 AM.
I'm just switching to Blender 2.83 from 2.79. Anyone who uses it, where are the other obj export options we usually see in Blender or we don't need them now or what?
EDIT: NM, I found them, and the defaults worked, anyway.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#24663 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jain

I built an area downtown with the explicit purpose of taking advantage of the beautiful bridge view and it didn't even show up. I placed the aqueduct hood deco instead, but I wish the bridge would work.
Mad Poster
#24664 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 1:29 AM
And I thought I was the only one who doesn't see a bridge! Didn't know it was a common problem. My question is why didn't EA put the darn thing in the neighborhood deco category, if they knew it would not be visible?

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Alchemist
#24665 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
And I thought I was the only one who doesn't see a bridge! Didn't know it was a common problem. My question is why didn't EA put the darn thing in the neighborhood deco category, if they knew it would not be visible?

Because it's not exactly a bridge. It's a bunch of modular meshes that, I guess, get generated dependent on the size of the space they need to fill. There is a deco bridge, too, but it's small. I don't know why, even though it's generated that way (I guess), it can't also be visible. But it's not just a big ol bridge mesh, afaik.
Mad Poster
#24666 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 9:23 PM Last edited by FranH : 30th Aug 2020 at 3:05 AM. Reason: I can't remember my g's!
So maybe then that would be a project for someone with talent? After all these years without a bridge, PV needs one! It just does not look normal when you look at the place and there's a gap of about a mile between the parts.

Field Researcher
#24667 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

I guess they thought that we’d never want to look beyond the edges of the current lot. With the default settings the fog descends and that’s all there is. Seeing the hood to the horizon, even with all its woeful lot imposters, came along later after people figured out the cheats to do it and by then it was a bit late for the bridge...
Mad Poster
#24668 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 12:33 PM
For the first time in my game we've got a nanny in the house. She's done a reasonable job. She's certainly got the toddlers' motives back into the green -- something that their father, Bill McBain, was spectacularly failing to do. But now she's giving them rather more bottles to drink than I would, and she hasn't picked up any of the bottles lying on the floor, nor has she emptied Peni Jo's potty. So all told, with everyone returned home from work and school, I think the time has come to pay her and let her go home. The only such option I have is "Dismiss", which in regular UK English means much the same as "Fire". She certainly hasn't done anything to deserve to be fired, and I think it more than likely that we'll want her back some day. so in this case, does "Dismiss" really just mean, "Thanks, you can go now. We'll give you a ring when we want you again"? I think we'll give her a small tip before she goes. By all accounts, another nanny might do a far worse job.

------------------------ ooooooooooooooooooooooo ------------------------

What's the problem with the bridge? The one over the canal on Veronaville certainly does show up in lot view in my game. I've got some fairly nice pictures of it taken from BJ Shaikh's rather "gothy" little cottage in Canal Walk. When I think about it though, all the bridges in my game were placed by Maxis. I've never tried placing one myself.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24669 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
For the first time in my game we've got a nanny in the house. She's done a reasonable job. She's certainly got the toddlers' motives back into the green -- something that their father, Bill McBain, was spectacularly failing to do. But now she's giving them rather more bottles to drink than I would, and she hasn't picked up any of the bottles lying on the floor, nor has she emptied Peni Jo's potty. So all told, with everyone returned home from work and school, I think the time has come to pay her and let her go home. The only such option I have is "Dismiss", which in regular UK English means much the same as "Fire". She certainly hasn't done anything to deserve to be fired, and I think it more than likely that we'll want her back some day. so in this case, does "Dismiss" really just mean, "Thanks, you can go now. We'll give you a ring when we want you again"? I think we'll give her a small tip

Dismiss means send home for the day, while Fire is 'end services'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24670 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
I guess they thought that we’d never want to look beyond the edges of the current lot. With the default settings the fog descends and that’s all there is. Seeing the hood to the horizon, even with all its woeful lot imposters, came along later after people figured out the cheats to do it and by then it was a bit late for the bridge...

Until Nightlife was released, it wasn't possible to look past the edges of the lot. NL introduced the ability to see across the road and down the street from your house.
Mad Poster
#24671 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Until Nightlife was released, it wasn't possible to look past the edges of the lot. NL introduced the ability to see across the road and down the street from your house.
I don't know why somebody has disagreed with that. I'm pretty sure RoxEllen is right. I started with Double Deluxe, which includes Nightlife, so I've always been able to extend the viewing distance beyond the edge of the lot (though it took me a few months before I realised I could). But if I start up my AGS base game, then the edge of the lot is as far as I can see.

As I said in my last post, I can see the bridge over the canal in lot view in my main game in Veronaville. I never knew till now that there was a problem with the bridge.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#24672 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

What's the problem with the bridge? The one over the canal on Veronaville certainly does show up in lot view in my game. I've got some fairly nice pictures of it taken from BJ Shaikh's rather "gothy" little cottage in Canal Walk. When I think about it though, all the bridges in my game were placed by Maxis. I've never tried placing one myself.

That bridge is the small hood deco stone bridge from the catalog, iirc. We were talking about the larger neighborhood bridge that is generated when you have roads running over a space in the terrain, like in Pleasantview. It's converted from ones you use in SC4 when making the terrain. It doesn't show from lots.

Your Verona sounds nice. I'd like to see pics. Did you see I made a new terrain that fits the original, to prettify it? On my simblr if you're interested. Even that bridge looks better in my tweaked terrain.
Scholar
#24673 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 7:58 PM
Has anyone tried out the zombie apocalypse mod from MATY, and if so, what were the results? Did your whole neighborhood become zombified?
Alchemist
#24674 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Has anyone tried out the zombie apocalypse mod from MATY, and if so, what were the results? Did your whole neighborhood become zombified?

I did, but I modified that mod (on my simblr) to be used without fight club because I find fights boring and they can be awfully long with it. In my version, at least, it was AWESOME! I started with one and they autonomously turned other sims to zombies pretty quickly ( I tweaked their personalities, too, so they don't just keep acting like sims who are blue and walk funny) leaving the children human, so I could race against time. Before the children age and become susceptible! It was some of the most I've ever laughed playing sims. I did it in a test hood and gave them a cure to find after a while.
Scholar
#24675 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 1:31 AM
I was trying out Chris Hatch's updated version of the Community Time mod recommended to me on a different thread, and I had a weird thing where Priya didn't come home from work for 59 hours, I think because she was pregnant? Sanjay couldn't go to work while she was gone, but his needs didn't degrade at all. Then Priya finally came home--she was all in the red, she popped, and then she died. Then Sanjay did go to work at the wrong time and seemed to be gone too long. I figure this is the Community Time mod acting up, but weird, so my random question is: Anyone else experienced this?
Page 987 of 1345