Replies: 4206 (Who?), Viewed: 133841 times.
Page 169 of 169
Lab Assistant
#4201 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
This is the funny part about the lack of context, my post could have been about anything.  Since you brought up TS4, I don't care about Sims 4 or any other sims game going forward that EA shoves out the door.   They've destroyed the franchise IMO, so I have no reason to spend money on it.  People have spent 6 years making excuses for everything EA does and continue to pay the price for said excuses; over $700.00 worth.  I can think of better ways to spend $700.00 and not have to make excuses for it. Not to mention the lack of bugs, fugged up skin tones, EA trying to be my overlord, ect...

For the actual context of my post, it had to do with a article I read.  2 people decided that since they figured they couldn't get what they wanted from one person that they would blindly go to another person.  The result?  Neither got anything either way and now they're complaining about it.  They got what they deserved, nothing.

Err, I was just making a quip about the Sims 4 with your quote for a bit of a laugh. Wasn't taking anything out of context since I wasn't looking for any to begin with? Was just having a bit of fun.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Mad Poster
#4202 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 1:43 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 2:47 AM.
Found myself taking a couple of naps.

Might play with my Sims in TS3 on Sunday. It's been a while.

Grocery run tomorrow. I have medicine to pick up. (My pharmacy is inside the grocery store)

I also have to catch up on the shows, The Masked Singer and The Masked Dancer. I already saw unmasked in Singer: Antonio Brown (Hippo) and Tommy Chong (Pineapple). Please don't spoil it for me.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Top Secret Researcher
#4203 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 3:37 AM
I decided to limit myself only to news sources that are spoken or written in classical Latin. This works because I don't understand Latin.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4204 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 1:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
I decided to limit myself only to news sources that are spoken or written in classical Latin. This works because I don't understand Latin.

A couple of weeks ago the Weather Channel lost their wigs over a storm that was supposed to be rolling in for my neck of the woods.  They went on and on about how all the snow on the trees was going to cause them to fall down, there would be mass power outages and other destruction.

While they were so busy chest-thumping about how the world was going to end, there was two problems with their story.

A) For a week prior to this storm that was going to cause mass devastation, the day time temps were well into the 40's and on some days, lower 50's. 

B)  There wasn't a single flake of snow on any near by trees because of the temperatures from the week before.  All a person had to do was get their ass out of their chair or off the couch occasionally and could see for themselves what was really going on.

This morning I got up, and according to the shitheads, it felt like 9 degrees outside.  Have they posted a single thing about keeping pets indoors, how to avoid frostbite or anything cold related? Nope!  Instead they are talking about dinosaur bones, eagle parents waiting their eggs to hatch and a helicopter on Mars.  In another column they have posted a story about a weasel, turkeys chasing people and something another possible storm blowing in.

I wonder if this new storm will also cause imaginary power outages, trees falling down and other destruction. Meanwhile, these truth speakers, would-never-lie-about-anything bunch continues to wonder why people don't take things like hurricane warnings seriously.  I can't imagine what the problem would be. It's a tough one to figure out. Ugh...
Lab Assistant
#4205 Old Yesterday at 2:11 AM
Today I found out that an artist in Japan released a song that uses the “BRUH” soundbite as a cutesy clip because they think he’s saying “bleh.” Japanese girls on tiktok make videos of themselves dancing to it and it’s so wholesome but it makes me giggle to hear that meme in a cutesy J-pop song.
Top Secret Researcher
#4206 Old Yesterday at 5:08 AM
I was just looking in Origin at how many hours I've spent playing the Sims 4, and that's just the time spent while online! In that much time I could have written my papers on Gravity and cold fusion, my paper on an gravity propulsion device, my paper on how time is just a rotation in 4-space, have learned Latin and studied the complete Summa Theologica. I might have even vacuumed the floor and fixed the fence, the gutters and built decent planter boxes for the garden.

But when I was poor, like not eating poor, and even "bills due gonna be homeless soon" poor, I played a game called "Sundog" where you play a space trucker moving goods from planet to planet, or I played Starflight, which was similar. I felt pretty good after playing those games. While I may have had the time to do my hearts desire, I may have lost my mind to despair had I not played the sims.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#4207 Old Today at 2:37 AM
There's a calm before an ice storm. Tomorrow is a supply run for the work week.

Had green tea soba with straight soba sauce.

I plan on getting my groceries with some help. After all, we have an unwritten, common sense set of housemate agreements. Like that old sign "If it's dirty, clean it up. If it's broken, fix it. If it howls, feed it."

Also, the door knob to the water closet broke from the inside and I was trapped in the water closet for a few minutes. Luckily, my father was able to break the knobs out and had to run out to buy and install a new set of doorknobs after freeing me.

Still, sweat equity and the fact it took about 8-10 years to break the plastic lock mechanism led to the weirdest story for me.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Page 169 of 169