Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:07 PM
Default Demo download keeps resetting to 15%
It loads like normal, and then when it reaches 55%, it stops and says something along the lines of "Resuming download" and goes back to 15%. This is the second time it's done this, and it's kind of a pain in the ass. Is anyone else having the same issue? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:30 PM
mine works fine... no roll backs maybe it's in your connection??

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:39 PM
I would tell you to download it somewhere else. I know we should not talk about these things but since it's a free game I hope I'm not going to be blamed, I'm just trying to help
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paola2
I would tell you to download it somewhere else. I know we should not talk about these things but since it's a free game I hope I'm not going to be blamed, I'm just trying to help

sure there's a cracked version of that DEMO(pirated copies) but mine is from origin and I don't see problem on mine it works just fine...

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDensilter
sure there's a cracked version of that DEMO(pirated copies) but mine is from origin and I don't see problem on mine it works just fine...

Mine works as well, and it's original... And it took a few minutes to download with any problems
If ribbonista has problems with the download from origin, maybe should try the other way
Theorist
#6 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:58 PM
If you try the "other way" and put it in the "Origin Games" folder, then run Origin, it will do a file compare and replace any changed or out of date files, leaving you with a clean legal copy. It gets you about 98% of the way there.

My internet connection is crap, so I had to use a more robust method of downloading and that was it.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:15 PM
Maybe something relatively simple such as restarting your computer might help.

What doesn't help though is everyone else who wants the Sims 4 is downloading the demo in the last 24 hours too.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:25 PM
It mmmmmmight be that I have too little space?? Although I doubt it because I feel like if I did then Origin would've simply stopped me from downloading the thing. I also think it takes up a relatively small about of space, but I'll try cleaning some stuff out and see if it works then.
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
It mmmmmmight be that I have too little space?? Although I doubt it because I feel like if I did then Origin would've simply stopped me from downloading the thing. I also think it takes up a relatively small about of space, but I'll try cleaning some stuff out and see if it works then.

Well, it depends on what you consider relatively small, but I was shocked by how much space it originally needed. It wanted over 1 gig of data! I don't think it takes up as much space when it's installed, but still... That's a pretty large amount considering it's only the CAS.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista

Try defragging your hard drive.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.