Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 2:15 PM
Default Deactivating / Decirative Rabbit Holes??
Does anyone happen to know a way of deactivating a rabbit hole, so Sims can't no use them (lose their function)? I want to include already existing RHs in custom lots with RH rugs, all while not having to delete the commercial buildings in lots I'll turning into No Visitors Allowed as I like the architecture of the builds and make them look abandoned.

One way I thought of doing, but not tried it out - simply use transmogifier to turn their coding of a deco object. Not sure if it work though.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 5:29 PM
???? I do not understand what the problem is in having them be active if you use rugs? Lots can have more than one RH on them. And if you are going to put the RH bldg why would you put the same rug, if you are doing that? And if different rugs, as said that is not a problem either.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
???? I do not understand what the problem is in having them be active if you use rugs? Lots can have more than one RH on them. And if you are going to put the RH bldg why would you put the same rug, if you are doing that? And if different rugs, as said that is not a problem either.

Problem is I wanna make rabbit hole BUILDINGS inactive and use said same rabbit holes as rugs in ANOTHER LOT, so Sims flock to only ONE RESTAURANT that's custom built (rh rug) while the Bistro building acts as landmark attraction (only for viewibf). But I do not want to delete the buildings as it serves decorative aesthetic purpise, all while for Sims to not enter those lots ENTIRELY.

(Tl;dr: turn the existing bistro that fills entire lot as a landmark object, while leaving another lot to serve the actual bistro service with the rug.)

If it isn't a problem to you, doesn't mean I do not mind Sims entering a pretty building (that
suppose to be with forbidden entrace.
where there is already said city amenity in another.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 11:40 PM
I accidently blocked an entrance to one. I you use MOO and place a wall just inside it should block Sims from using ones you do not want to be used, but not sure if some Sims will throw hissy fits over that or not?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It will definitely cause routing errors and lags. Remember, a working RH will also be used for careers by the story progression. So you will have sims assigned to them but could not get to work. I had problems like this with the RH rugs when not placed properly and they were blocked.

I kind of figured that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 12:26 PM
Thought of doing it so, of fencing the rabbit holes but Sims are persistive and determined stubborn to go into the rabbit hole.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Anyone ever realize sims go to museums and they'll "view" anything that has a "view" option? Including the soap dispenser in the restroom?

You might in this case have also placed the restrooms on the same lot but outside of the museum building.

But have you even been to a museum lately (pre-pandemic, I mean within the last decade)? Patrons just do this, it's very realistic.
Instructor
#12 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 2:23 AM
Sims love bathroom, they like to propose in there, get married in there, woohoo in there.