Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:32 PM
I did this over the weekend but I am not sure I did it right. I took my sim to the gym to shower and she napped on public benches a lot. Is that still right or does she need to do everything on her home lot? Gardening ended up being very lucrative for her. After the house was built she got married and now has a kid. It's weird the sense of accomplishment you have when you start from literally nothing.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:49 AM
I think that your sim should start off with at least 100 simoleons. Only saying this because sims die quick if they can't eat
Test Subject
#78 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 11:36 AM
I am starting this challenge but I made her a teen because I have a story for her, which will be in the intro when I do get it up
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 11:55 AM
This challenge is absolutely perfect! Seems like something that can be done pretty quickly, but that's not a bad thing. Thanks so much for this! I'd been looking for a homeless challenge for a while. o:
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 12:33 AM
I'd love to try this, thank you so much for this challenge.
Test Subject
#81 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 2:12 AM
I have started this challenge today! So excited for this one! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Field Researcher
#82 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 2:06 AM
Default I like that, too.
Quote: Originally posted by MaiaMadness
I like this challenge! I've started playing it. Meet Bo!

I went ahead and made some dirty looking recolours to make her look all shabby. Can't wait to play with her more!

Can I have the recolors?
Theorist
#83 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 8:28 PM
Just found a perfect lot at MTS to start this challenge. Hope you`ll add the link in the list of this thread.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#84 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:36 PM
Wow this has been going on for a long time now! No matter, it looks like fun, so I am doing it. I made my Sim, Taryn Robertson and I moved her to Brindleton Bay in the lot with the trees on it across from the park. I have never been on the lot before and it turns out to be perfect. Lots of fishing spots and places to dig and Sims walking and jogging giving her many opportunities to make friends. I had her do that right away and of course Nancy Landgrab was the first. She is always jogging by no matter where your Sim lives! After meeting a few Sims and greeting the Welcome Wagon, she dug up a few dirt piles and made $40. I started her out with $50. She has already gained the video game skill (on her own) and charisma skill by talking to Sims. I had her go fishing, gaining that skill and that's it so far. Right now she is happy...we will see how happy she is in a few hours. I will post again when she is further along. This is going to be fun!!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#85 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:05 AM
Ah, I'm so gonna try this!
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 7:23 PM
I met the goal of the challenge rather quickly, but I am continuing as there is a lot of game play left for this Sim. I am currently building her a new house on a beach front lot. There doesn't seem to be any interest in this challenge or anyone's stories, sadly. It is really too bad because this is a good challenge and a good way to start playing a household.
Test Subject
#87 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 2:20 AM
Wow I was just building a homeless Sim!!! I love this idea, great job!
Test Subject
#88 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 12:04 AM
Im still on this and I just got a shower and bed with 9$ left to spend this is gonna be a while
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 4:40 PM
I just finished this challenge and let me just say, it was SO FUN. I played with the mini-challenges and it took me about two in-game weeks. (Although, my Sim did go fishing and got a Gold Bar and a pet's Ambrosia treat, so that did speed it up considerably. Kudos to you for writing such an amazing challenge!!!
Test Subject
#90 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 5:42 AM
Nice idea to try. But do you need all the packs to try it?
Scholar
#91 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 10:35 PM
Just a quick hint to anyone wanting to play this. If a sim sees you making them food (in the same room) they will declare it inappropriate and ask you to stop. However they never get upset with you doing dishes or cleaning. Sometimes they'll come while you're cleaning and clean the next thing in your queue. Households of about 5 with multiple children are probably best for the domestic worker challenge.

It was time to add Kaylynn Langerak in to my current Pleasantview theme, so I decided to try this with her. I had her clean at the Lotharios, Goths, and Pleasants like she does in TS2, but no shenanigans. Daniel was very upset with her for cooking in his kitchen. She cooked an entire holiday meal at the Goths and they did not care.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Test Subject
#92 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 12:57 AM
Default Odd jobs
Now with the newer expansion packs, what about doing odd jobs to make cash?
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetlyEvil
My daughter was telling me the other day how she misses 'game mode' in the Sims. If you remember Sims 2 on the PlayStation, they had the option for an actual game where you had objectives. It was a pain in the ass and she never completed it because of the difficulty. I sent her the link to this because I think she might find this fun. Thanks for sharing!

I loved this challenge and I did complete it, it was so much fun! Sims 2 on console or PC had the best play period!!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TDimka001
I think that your sim should start off with at least 100 simoleons. Only saying this because sims die quick if they can't eat

They can go to a community lot and get fruit, vegetables to eat until you fish or something to make money
Test Subject
#95 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 2:34 PM
I started this challenge today and my sim died an hour in after being hit by lightning twice. It's a tough life...
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 3:18 AM
Default Buying Things While Homeless
Quote: Originally posted by veiledstar
Can we buy the tents and campfires from outdoor retreat? I used to use the sleeping bag and the outdoor portable fire pits in the sims 3 challenge.

I've tried to follow the rules (unusual for me ) and my understanding from the challenge creator's notes is:

At first you can have only what's in your inventoryt

Once you have earned/rummaged/borrowed enough money (500 simoleons) to buy a build permit you can then purchase things to put on your lot.

Hope this helps someone at a later date.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 3:26 AM
Default Hungry Homeless Sims
Quote: Originally posted by TDimka001

That's the challenge, to survive with limited resources. However eating isn't a problem in TS4 as long as your sim harvests produce from lots. I've found my sims need to eat 3 or 4 different fruits or veggies in order to fill up the hunger bar for a while.

Another workaround is to hang out at any park near the grills or join a sim that's already grilling in public park. Just grab a plate and join them! They never complain!

Right now in TS4 after the EcoLiving pack all the outdoor garbage cans broke. There is no trash for homeless sims to rummage looking for food or items to sell. I only have base game.

Be glad when that glitch is fixed!

It doesn't take long to make money in TS4, just sim time.
Test Subject
#98 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:02 AM
HI, I am new to Challenges of all sorts but a mega Sims fan since my daughter discovered it in primary school (she is nearly 21 now). So anyway I have a cpl questions about this challenge...is it cheating to get the "Always Welcome" trait using aspiration points my sim has collected? Is it cheating to purchase a tent?and erect it on the sims block of land. I started this challenge today and my daughter called me a cheat when I got the Always Welcome trait, if its cheating I will happily restart my game.
Cheers
Annie
Instructor
#99 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 10:04 PM
omg i feel so dumb now, the first 2 times i did that, my sims had a boyfriend, i feel so bad now, but i like this challenge and next time i'll read the rules first

Jailey loves going outside, is a freelance and is pretty much active (the sim with dark poc, eyes and hair)

Victoria is a nerd, creative and an kleptomaniac (light poc, eyes and hair)

i'll see when i create a new sims with the same challenge though
Screenshots
Test Subject
#100 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 2:49 PM
Default HOMELESS challenge...
Hey gang!! Can anyone tell me how to make your sim homeless?
Page 4 of 5