Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 6:39 AM Last edited by Jennie97 : 19th Jun 2021 at 3:41 AM.
Default A hack that pauses the game while when traveling to community lots (Fixed!)
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a mod that would pause the game when loading a lot. I especially need this hack for community lots as when my game loads a community lot, time is set to 3 times speed, and I'm getting rather agitated seeing my sim take 2 in-game hours to cross the street to get to the grocery store.
If no such hack exist, could there potentially be a workaround for this? Any help will be much appreciated
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 6:49 AM
Well, the first thing to do is figure out why the game is triple-speeding on arrival. That's not normal.

The problem is that if the game is paused the lot's not loading, so you want it to automatically pause when you get to the lot, not during the load; and even if you find such a hack, it's likely to conflict with whatever's screwing up play speed on the lot, with unpredictable results. So while you're searching, you might want to do the 50/50 and figure out what's causing that; then, when/if you find a suitable hack, you may not need it, but will at least be assured that when you try it, it will behave to spec.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 9:23 AM Last edited by Jennie97 : 18th Jun 2021 at 9:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Well, the first thing to do is figure out why the game is triple-speeding on arrival. That's not normal.

The problem is that if the game is paused the lot's not loading, so you want it to automatically pause when you get to the lot, not during the load; and even if you find such a hack, it's likely to conflict with whatever's screwing up play speed on the lot, with unpredictable results. So while you're searching, you might want to do the 50/50 and figure out what's causing that; then, when/if you find a suitable hack, you may not need it, but will at least be assured that when you try it, it will behave to spec.

Very well, I'll see what I can do to elevate the problem.
Edit: I think the reason why time is sped up is that no playable sims have arrived on the lot yet. It is a weird event where I am still looking at a loading screen yet can clearly hear sound effects playing in the background at 3x speed. Upon arrival, game speed is set to normal once the playable sims have entered the lot. It can maybe be a loading problem of which potentially can be elevated by putting the game on to an SSD, although I'm not sure how much better that would work on such an old game as this. What seems to be the best thing to do now is to remove the hack that adds more sims onto lots as I know full well how mods such as that effect sims games.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 1:56 PM
SSD's work very well for sims 2 when it comes to loading.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 2:24 PM
7200 rpm speed hard drive + CC = slow load speed the more CC you have. Starting up Sims 2 with lots of CC at today CPU speed = anywhere from 1 min 30 sec to well over 15 min.

SSD + who cares how much CC you got = "still very fast load time. = less than 2 min no mater how much CC you have or that is 5-8 Gb of CC.

For me now with only 195 Mb of CC my game is up and running in less than 20 sec on a SSD drive.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 5:01 PM
I didn't know about SSD drives before. Because I love CC, I'll think about getting one in the future to reduce my games (currently considerable) loadtime.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 3:41 AM
So removing the more-community visitors mod and moving the game folder over to the SSD did the trick as it loaded in almost a second! Thank you for the help everyone
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

It's completely normal for the game to briefly go to triple speed when your sims arrive or leave a community lot. My game has never done anything different. You might not notice though, since it's only for a very brief period of time.
Alchemist
#9 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 3:13 PM
Hmm, are you sure kestrellyn? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different issue?

There's definitely a bug where the game gets stuck in triple speed on arrival and doesn't slow down unless you manually do it. It used to happen to me and I believe it was a mod issue. I thought it was normal for the longest time, and even had a mod to fix it. But one day I researched it, found some threads that suggested it was a mod issue. So I did the 50/50, got rid of some mods and the problem was fixed; my game didn't do it anymore. Unfortunately I can't remember what mod (or mods) caused the problem as this was years ago. I think doing a 50/50 to see if you always get the issue really is the best advice.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 7:13 PM
No, I don't have to do anything. Like was reported in this thread, it slows down immediately after the sims arrive.
Alchemist
#11 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 7:34 PM
I guess I'm thinking of a different issue then.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her