Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] BaseGameStarter Pro v.2.5

by Numenor Posted 5th Nov 2006 at 2:29 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:16 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Numenor Reason: Get the new AGS at [url]http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=250555[/url]
332 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 331 Feedback Posts
Page 14 of 14
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#326 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 9:26 PM
I'm late; I wanted to tell you that your AppFiles was correct, and that probably restarting Windows one or two times would have solved the problem of the full game.
As for the "Can't find C:\Documents", I think there's a problem in one of the batchfiles, that wasn't created correctly in your system. You could try the AnyGameStarter, if the BGS doesn't work for you, BUT the "wrong disk" error you experienced in the beginning makes me think that you'd better to wait for the next AGS and BGS versions.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Mad Poster
#327 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 6:54 PM
Thanks for the reply, Numenor.
I'll have to have a look when that gets done.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#328 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 9:10 PM
Hi.
Well my dumb butt downloaded this without knowing what it was.

Then I had uninstalled it and now I keep getting this error when trying to run sims. "You are running the wrong version of The Sims 2. Please run T instead."

Then I would go to the short cut and try again, but instead of it saying "T" it would say "."

That's when I tried to uninstall the Sims 2, and it told me I needed to uninstall Eps. Well then I did it an easier way, I went and deleted the EA Games folder from both My Documents and Program Files.

I'm still getting this error, what do I do?
I figured it was caused by this.
This was the last thing I downloaded.

I specifically remember getting off Sims 2 to look at how to get the Reaction Tester to work, I found this just randomly browsing and downloaded it unknowingly of what it was.

I didn't think it would mess it up. . . But it is on my be-half, I was wondering if you had a solution for me.

I also noticed I don't have a "cigen" file in the EA Games anymore. . .
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#329 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 12:32 AM
Emma, please take my serious advice: don't download things attached to exceptionally long posts such as the BGS one, so full of alerts, suggestions, instructions etc, without paying the needed attention. Also, have you manually deleted the EA Games folders from both the Programs and the Documents?? You have then completely wiped off your game in a second. I really hope you didn't have anything important in your neighborhoods...
Moreover, the "easy way" you chose to uninstall the Sims2 is incorrect: now you can't reinstall it, because Windows still thinks that you have the game installed. You have to uninstall all the EP's from the Add/Remove panel, and then the base game, and then reinstall everything from scratch.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#330 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 4:25 PM
Default Game won't load
when i click on the icon to start any of the games, nothing happens. this is the 3rd time i've tried to use this program, and it's really frustrating. any help would be appreciated.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: zip AppFiles.zip
Lab Assistant
#331 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 5:59 AM
Correction from my post on the "AGS" thread, it's BGS that's better than all other mods combined. Installed and started right up! Thanks a million

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲ "It can't get better when you believe that others have to change." Esther Hicks San Diego, CA 08-31-19 ✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲
Test Subject
#332 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 11:27 PM
Hey, Awesome program!

I was wondering when it will be compatiable with Mansion and Garden Stuff as I am busting to make a different CAS Layout!

Thanks,
Missy
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#333 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 10:34 PM
Default Important News
=================================================
---------------------------------------------------------------

>>> ATTENTION <<<
After more than 2 years from its first release,
THE BASEGAMESTARTER GETS DISCONTINUED.

Its functions have been merged into the AnyGameStarter.
Please visit the AGS thread and read how to convert the old BGS games
into "PermaGames". No support is given anymore on the old BGS games.
This thread is being locked and archived for possible reference only.

---------------------------------------------------------------
=================================================

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14