Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 12:52 AM Last edited by floodedbaths : 20th Oct 2021 at 1:45 AM. Reason: solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Will it corrupt my game if a Social Bunny has a kid?
I know it sounds really bad. Here's the issue: I recently added subhood Strangetown to one of my main hoods. Loaded up the Curious household, everything went fine until the baby was actually born. I knew something was up when the baby came out with a medium skintone instead of the alien one. I look in the family tree annnd...Social Bunny is the other father!
I remember reading somewhere that this happens sometimes when you add a subhood with a pregnant sim, but I could be misremembering. Either way...is my hood (and possibly even my entire install) doomed?

I have the game open rn and I'm tempted to quit without saving (which won't really do anything, I know, since the major issue still remains: the father ID is not linked to the PT). But I'm wondering if I can use SimPE somehow to fix the father ID or something like that, or maybe just abort the pregnancy altogether because I don't want this hood to blow up. I have a backup, at least, before I added the subhood...so maybe I should just restore from backup?

Any help is appreciated!

mostly sims 2 and sims 3. 4 on occasion
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 1:00 AM
Yeah, that happens sometimes. Just quit without saving and terminate the pregnancy and then reinstate it with the Sim Blender.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yeah, that happens sometimes. Just quit without saving and terminate the pregnancy and then reinstate it with the Sim Blender.

Okay, did just that. Thanks, the father being the social bunny freaked me out.

mostly sims 2 and sims 3. 4 on occasion