Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2022 at 10:50 PM
Default my sim is pregnant with twins but i only want one baby!!
okay so my sim is pregnant with twins but i only want one baby. how should i deal with it? can i "unalive" one of the kids during pregnancy? should i delete the second baby? what should i do? i've seen a lot of threads where people wanted twins but i've never seen it the other way. (the parents are marisa oldie (née bendett) and herb oldie and both of them are playable, in the same household.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2022 at 10:59 PM
I have one word for you. Well, an acroynym.
OMGWTFBBQ.
You're welcome.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2022 at 11:08 PM
Just give one up for adoption with the sim blender.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2022 at 11:09 PM
Now, some people are much too sensitive to have the OMGWTFBBQ launched at them unawares. That thing requires trigger warnings.

Anyhow, there's a number of less fraught options, either using editing tools like SimPE or SimBlender to change the pregnancy, or allowing the birth to go forward and giving up one for adoption and then erasing the memories. The first is the most straightforward, as the game doesn't create the babies until the birth, so changing the pregnancy is simply a matter of changing one little bit of data and proceeding on your merry way. The question is, what, if anything, do you already have and/or are you already comfortable using?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2022 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Now, some people are much too sensitive to have the OMGWTFBBQ launched at them unawares. That thing requires trigger warnings.

Anyhow, there's a number of less fraught options, either using editing tools like SimPE or SimBlender to change the pregnancy, or allowing the birth to go forward and giving up one for adoption and then erasing the memories. The first is the most straightforward, as the game doesn't create the babies until the birth, so changing the pregnancy is simply a matter of changing one little bit of data and proceeding on your merry way. The question is, what, if anything, do you already have and/or are you already comfortable using?

i've got both SimPE and SimBlender but i don't know how to change it to one baby instead of two.
Theorist
#6 Old 6th May 2022 at 11:41 PM
During my Beginning of Pleasnatview neighbourhood I sometimes had to change twin pregnancies to single babies and single babies to twins to fit with the established parts of the family trees. So it's definitely possible to do so, but I haven't played in so long that I forgotten how exactly I did it.

I could have sworn I used the Reproductive Adjustor submod of the Insiminator:
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=InSimenator
But the only option there seems to be to delete the pregnancy and use the object to impregnate the Sim with a new single pregnancy with the chosen father. It might sound a bit complicated, but it would only be two clicks and choosing the right father.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2022 at 11:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th May 2022 at 11:54 PM.
I use the triplets and quads mod (Simbology). It lets you choose how many babies you want (via a menu that pops up when the sim gives birth) - single baby is an option.

I think Insimenator and/or Simblender lets you set how many babies, but I never use that function (I find the above mod is more trustworthy, plus I sometimes want multiples).

(There is an option for original number of babies which I think is decided by the game, and random number which is decided by odds set in the mod, so if you never want triplets/quads, you can set the odds of getting them to 0, and lower the odds of twins to whatever you want - lets you have the option of getting surprised once in a while).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2022 at 11:53 PM
I've only ever messed with pregnancy in SimPE, so this is how I'd do it.

First, back up the neighborhood. Always do this before experimenting with stuff you haven't done before or making major changes; that way, you don't have to worry about screwing up. You can always restore from backup and be right back where you started.

Open SimPE, load the neighborhood, navigate to the pregnant sim's Neighborhood Memory tab. I do this by finding and opening the sim in the SimBrowser, opening the More tab, choosing Memory.
Once there, located the (Invisible) Pregnancy Controller {} item in her memory, and click on it. This will open up the pregnancy controller at the bottom of the screen.
Go to Raw Data, where you can see things like the father's ID number and the number of babies expected. Find that number, change it from 2 to 1.
Commit.
Save.

And that should do it!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#9 Old 7th May 2022 at 8:31 PM
Sim manipulator allows you to change it to one baby
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th May 2022 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
okay so my sim is pregnant with twins but i only want one baby. how should i deal with it? can i "unalive" one of the kids during pregnancy? should i delete the second baby? what should i do? i've seen a lot of threads where people wanted twins but i've never seen it the other way. (the parents are marisa oldie (née bendett) and herb oldie and both of them are playable, in the same household.)

@mel173 The Triplet & Quad mod can fix that. That mod allows you the option of 'setting the number of babies' so you can set it as 1, it also allows for 'keep original number'(which would be twins) or 'random numbers'. It then asks you which parent should stay home to look after the baby which is a nice touch. It doesn't automatically make it the sim who gave birth. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ts2...ml#.WM7WdYaUcUE

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th May 2022 at 6:20 AM
Backup-wise: do you have a backup you made before Marisa got pregnant? If you do, you can always just go back to that one, no SimPE fussing needed.

Story-wise, this might be a good thing later on: your sim finds out, whether through DNA or hospital records (or heck, as an adult going through mom's things after her death) that they have a twin somewhere, and they go to find them. Perhaps even throw in that the other twin had no idea they had a sibling and now have to wrap their head around that fact?

Perhaps you could make two backups: one where you do the SimPE editing, and the other where you don't, and see what happens if you keep the twins as they are--perhaps that one will end up being a favorite sim of yours
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th May 2022 at 2:00 PM
When things like this happen in my game, my Sims and I just go with the flow, and cope with it as best we can. In the very first pregnancy in my game, Jenny McBain was only expecting one child, but she got two. It meant buying an extra cot, and money was tight for a while, but they coped. Jenny ( a Family Sim) was delighted. In fact she said she wanted to have ten babies! I'm afraid my response to that was, "In your dreams, Jenny!" I'm not sure if her husband Bill (Pleasure) was quite so pleased. In fact he got most of the work of looking after them. He kept telling me that he wanted to stay home from work, so I said to him, "Then you stay at home and look after the babies." When they became toddlers I think he sometimes wished he was still working! The McBains already had two teenage children, but this can actually be a help when it comes to looking after babies and toddlers; teens can do just about anything that adults can do, and sometimes they're better at it. Gerry (Pleasure) took to the new arrivals at once, but it took a little longer for Glenda (Romance) to warm to them. I think she could see that they would mean more work for her. The twins (Peni Jo and Peregrine) have started school now. Peni Jo is quite a good looking child, but Peregrine has hardly any lower jaw or chin, probably the result of my heavy-handed use of the sliders when making his parents in CAS. When he grows older, I'd advise him to grow a beard to hide it; he should maybe even consider plastic surgery.

In extremis a family with a tiny house and money problems might consider giving up the second twin, but I understand that my Sims' wish to keep and look after their children is likely to be very strong. Moreover my Sims have the example of the Newsons, who are managing to look after two school-age children and two toddlers in a tiny house, with only a teenage wage coming in. The cost there is really that Ginger and Gavin get hardly any schooling. But I love Ginger's "I'll do whatever it takes" attitude.

I can understand the want not to have children -- indeed I've no wish to have children myself. But, once the children are there, I reckon they have a right to be looked after, cherished and loved. In my game a codicil was added to the Constitution: it reads "Every child has the right to be loved."

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th May 2022 at 8:50 PM
If you select Nuke Twins on the Batbox (or it may be the blender) - the sim will have one baby.

The option will only be there if the sim is pregnant with twins - click pregnancy on the menu, and the Nuke Twins option will appear (I don't use it. But with the twins in my game, that is how I know before hand that another set is on the way )
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th May 2022 at 11:06 PM
Hm. I thought the twin thing was a dice roll at birth, like the genetics.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th May 2022 at 11:24 PM
^ Nope, the number of babies is decided when the sim gets pregnant. You can check how many babies with various mods. Genetics and gender are decided at birth.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th May 2022 at 1:49 AM
Easiest (IMO) is ACR; at the start of "birth" it asks how many babies are wanted (from 4 to 1)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th May 2022 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Easiest (IMO) is ACR; at the start of "birth" it asks how many babies are wanted (from 4 to 1)

No, that feature comes with the Trips & Quads hack.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th May 2022 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
No, that feature comes with the Trips & Quads hack.
=
I stand corrected, thanks Oddly, I can't FIND it in my downloads.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 14th May 2022 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
=
I stand corrected, thanks Oddly, I can't FIND it in my downloads.

If the pop up gives 3 options 'keep original number', 'Randomize number' or 'set number' it is Trips&Quads version 2. If it simply randomizes it's version 1.

Version two is named TripletsQuads

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 19th May 2022 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If the pop up gives 3 options 'keep original number', 'Randomize number' or 'set number' it is Trips&Quads version 2. If it simply randomizes it's version 1.

Version two is named TripletsQuads

Yes, and found it.

Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st May 2022 at 8:03 PM
Grill the second baby in BBQ ha ha ha ^^ (ok I leave)

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st May 2022 at 9:13 PM
I have unlocked career rewards so that I can use charisma podiums and pinball machines to earn extra money if my sims ended up with twins and weren't really even prepared for a single birth and they do also have the option to end the pregnancies if not married when they got pregnant like it was an accident or they assaulted.That would be faked and I'd just pretend it happened or they got pregnant with their spouse by accident before they'd saved up enough cash.It's also an option to move into public subsidized housing in apartment lots if they really needed to as I've built a few options like that like the trailer park and a duplex town house complex.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st May 2022 at 11:55 PM Last edited by grammapat : 23rd May 2022 at 1:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Grill the second baby in BBQ ha ha ha ^^ (ok I leave)

I disagree with the disagreer; it's not for everybody. I've used it...but admit the carving and plating are...

In similar cases, I've used Blender to adopt them out; then I make note in their bios who their real parents are. I've had boy/girl twins grow up and marry. But I didn't like it when (in another house) twins were born, I thought I exited without saving but they still showed in the family, but were NOT on the lot! I've had that happen before and was sad when their needs were in the red, so I adopted them out. Worse, the parents kept them in their "Sims I know", and in their family group...until someone else adopted them. And those missing babies never caused the family the least concern

Field Researcher
#24 Old 24th May 2022 at 2:52 PM
Give the second one up for adoption. Midgethetree has a mod that allows you to give your children up for adoption and it doesn't impact your sim's ability to adopt later. You can select which kid you want to put up for adoption. It doesn't take all the kids. Alternatively, change the number of babies use Sim Manipulator or a similar mod.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#25 Old 26th May 2022 at 1:41 AM
I installed that Mod to allow children to be givne up for adoption if a coule had an accident and isn't ready for a baby and am installing other Mods to help with that as being able to earn a lot of money fast can ease the burden of having more babies than expected and I'm also installing a Mod to control how many babies can be born at one time as It is a thing that I will make hapen sometimes for a story and block at other times when it wasn't supposed to happen.I would also sometimes have them moving into subsdized apartments which I built myself.