Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"To the Brim" Soda Fountain (anim)

by thefuzmixman Posted 11th Nov 2005 at 8:11 AM

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 7:19 PM
looks like people are wondering about thefuzmixman's site
thefuzmixman told me once before in a pm that its going to be a pay site with some free stuff to download
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 7:23 PM
looks awesome, just been having alook at other stuff and they look really good cant wait for you to upload em all
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#28 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 7:29 PM
*drools*

Everything in your previews look amazing, but I'm another one of those folks who'd never even consider paying for such things. Thank you for this Soda Fountain though! It's so cute! I just checked out your profile page too, and it turns out I have practically all of your uploads in my game. :thumb:
Field Researcher
#29 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 7:31 PM
hehehhe congrats, mr fuz!! now stop being away :nod:

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Instructor
#30 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enchanted
looks like people are wondering about thefuzmixman's site
thefuzmixman told me once before in a pm that its going to be a pay site with some free stuff to download

o, yeah , another pay site

can't people every just share stuff only for the love of the game and not for the money.
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 12:12 AM
Hello Simfan432, we are still considering the specifics of our site. Maintaining monthly hosting fees as of now will be hard considering half the staff is unemployed. I can't imagine that we could host what we want to, without some big drawbacks (bandwidth cap/limited space/adverts) . I personally, am fully aware of how much it costs to operate and maintain a fully functional website, but at the same time, understand that no one likes a subscription-only site. Again, the specifics are being worked out. I can guarantee we will offer quality stuff for EVERYONE though.

xD
Instructor
#32 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 1:56 AM
sorry, i just pictured you guys doing what other sites do, updating with a really nice pay set, and then posting a free update with some crappy object or recolor.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 2:12 AM
crappy?
nothing is crappy that thefuzmixman makes
its all amazing
check out thefuzmixman's profile of the creations on this site
they're awesome
thefuzmixman is so talented
Scholar
#34 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 2:26 AM
So cool! Thank you, I love your meshes!!!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 11:03 AM
Default "To the Brim" Soda Fountain (anim
looks gr8 in my game but for some reason my game crashed,hated to lose it but i took it out and the game was fine,wouldnt surprise me if it was my puter,i have pent4 new hd and video card, but service pack 2 isnt all its craacked up to be
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 12:21 PM
angelsue can you tell me what you were doing when it crashed? I'm thinking that if it were my object to cause your game to crash it would be immediately when a sim tried to react to it or while it tries to load it into the catalog. You say that it looks great in game, so it is placeable, correct?

xD
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 12:27 PM
Thank you..so Cool..!!!!

Caio,Miss Piggy Girl...
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 12:45 PM
i put it in my house,my sims couldnt use it but the animations worked,then i went into build mode to enlarge my driveway and it completely crashed, so like i said im not sure why,but i did look good :nod:
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bratt_sniper
NICE!!! Was wondering if you could actually get soda from tis machine, can you? :P

I wondered that too.

Theoretically it shouldn't be all that difficult for someone with modding skills. You'd just need to attach the BHAVs from the Espresso machine and get it to perfom identiical functions. Afterall, who's to say whether it's coffee or soda in the cup? You can't drink it yourself, and your sims aren't so bright to tell the difference. Lol.

SOMEWHERE on this site, there's a teapot on a tray, and I believe that performs the same functions as the Espresso/Barista, so I do believe it's quite possible to do.
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angelsue365
i put it in my house,my sims couldnt use it but the animations worked,then i went into build mode to enlarge my driveway and it completely crashed, so like i said im not sure why,but i did look good :nod:

Can anyone else confirm that this object crashes their lot when entering build mode? I'm sorry to hear that, but i have no clue why it would do that. The only thing that has been changed in this package is it has been set with interaction id so sims can't *view* it like sculpture. Mind you, i have not imported the functions of a table. just changed the id.

xD
Instructor
#41 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 4:35 AM
I'll test that reported bug when I boot up the game in a few minutes.

I would like to mention though that I don't mind dealing with a ton of ads for decent content, seeing as viewing ads doesn't end up with me having to live off Ramen [again]. xD
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:08 AM
while Ramen is mighty tasty, living off it would be less then satisfying...

thank you for helping to test this

xD
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 11:36 AM
:sorry: i can put your mind to ease ,i found out what happened, the actual disk drive is crappin out, i used the other one and all was fine
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:00 PM
When will the new site be ready for downloads? Keep us posted. Thanks

Please visit my blog about the meaning of my experiences with sims @ www.simantics.blogspot.com
and my upcoming story site: Simthetic: My Life as a Sims @ www.simthetic.com .
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 5:51 AM
Nice job on the soda fountain! Enjoyed the blog and am anxious to see the new site.

You can find all of my creations here

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend" Robertson Davies
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 8:35 PM
Very awesome, someone else just made a popcorn machine today so now I can make a movie theater.. well.. at least the snack part! Keep it up.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 8:59 PM
really cool addition to a resteraunt/fast food place.

~Kasey~
Test Subject
#48 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 2:19 PM
Espresso machine dupe
I am not sure if there is a way to duplicate the espresso machine and then take the soda machine mesh and replace it, that way it will at least look somewhat like a Sim is walking up to it, making drinks, and drinking it. Just a suggestion of something to try.
:muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy: :muffy:
Test Subject
#49 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 11:34 AM
thank you! this is perfect for my mall food court.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 3:35 AM
Wow, this is amazing. I love it!
Page 2 of 3