Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide all Maxis clothing & hair (update 8 June '07)

by jordi Posted 5th Apr 2006 at 6:41 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:07 PM by jordi : H&M Hider added

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 110 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 7:21 AM
Does this take away the babies diaper?, I'd hate to lose that as I dont have any replacement diapers.

A crazy person doesn't really lose her mind . It just becomes something more entertaining
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 6:22 PM Last edited by twinelf : 12th Apr 2006 at 9:58 PM.
Default I think I found a small bug.
Thanks for your wonderful works. I really love everything you've done. I found one small bug that newly generated townies always wear only one left Maxis original clothes. So Every New townies wear same Maxis clothes. Their hairs are working perfectly. Every new sim has beatiful custom hair but their clothes are still Maxis's. I tried making sims at Bodyshop, it happend again. I'm asking you,too. Could you do a separate hack one is for the clothes and another is for the hair?
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 11:54 PM
I'll probably re-do this one in a while, I've now figured out an easy way to skip clothes which are hidden anyway. It should be possible to split it into a no-clothes and no-hair mod as well.

It's no surprise that townies use only 3~4 outfits with this mod installed: there's nothing else to select from! I'll do some more testing to see if I can somehow fool the system into picking custom clothes, but little success so far.

No ETA on an update, as I don't actually use this mod myself. But as soon as I have some time left (Easter) I'll see what I can do ^.^

PS: I am not going to make a Family Fun Stuff hider. There is absolutely nothing in the new mini-XP that looks interesting to me (just objects, no new interactions or anything: even the X-mas pack had some new socials!) so I won't buy or install it.
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 5:46 PM
Thanks a lot, Jordi. Have a wonderful Easter break!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 4:48 PM
This is an awesome find, and something that I have been looking for! Now I can have *just* custom content in my game. Thank you- Awesome!

C.A.R.E
Consider, Appreciate, Respect, Everyone (everything)
"The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."- John Kenneth Galbraith
"There is only on thing more painful than learning from experience and that is not learning from experience."- Archibald McLeish
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 1:22 AM
Okay I have uploaded a mod which now hides *all* XP0 clothes (at least, in my game). I have not hidden any of the XP0 hair since many requested this.

As with the other files, I don't actually use it myself so testing has been limited. If you use HideClothesXP0 and hideallXP1/hideallXP2/hideallXP3 you should not have any Maxis clothes left. No clue what will happen to townies…
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 1:54 AM
HidehairXP0 is up for those of you who hate Maxis hair.

HideallXP0 is now no longer supported as it has been fully replaced by better working versions.
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 2:14 AM
This is awesome for my various Themed Neighbourhoods!!! Thank you so much!! I'm definately gonna use it.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 5:17 PM
Hi Jordi, Great mod but I have a problem in my game. I have placed all 5 files into my game but it seems that only the Maxis hair is hidden. I still have all the Maxis clothes still showing up. Any ideas why? Thanks. P.S. I have all EPs except the Holiday Pack and the Family Fun Stuff

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 8:46 PM
Braveheart: that is weird… are you sure you have ‘HideClothesXP0.package’ in your download folder?
Maybe some mod is interfering with it in some way. Try renaming it to ‘zzz HideClothesXP0.package’ or (if you use subfolders) put it in a ‘zzz’ subfolder.
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 10:32 PM
Braveheart: I just tested this mod's files as the only content in my downloads folder, and (with the exception of some student clothes I apparently missed) I could not find any Maxis outfits except the Xmas clothes (which I won't hide as Morague has done this before). So I am certain it must be a mod conflict somewhere.

Since I'll have to redo the XP1 mod anyway to add in the four outfits I missed, I might as well split the clothes and hair hiders as I now did for XP0. If anyone wants this, let me know.
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 1:23 AM
Found the last outfits left unhidden. Now I have *everything*.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 2:47 AM
Thanks for responding Jordi. I renamed the folder with your hacks in it so that it starts with 'zzz'. This had addressed most of the issue but I still had some NPC clothing showing and had to figure out why. I now realize that the conflict I had was with Motoki's clothing equality mod called 'Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E' Its located at MATY and here is the link http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/s...hp?topic=1243.0 The two mods do conflict.

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 2:55 AM
That is expected: any mod which *enables* clothing (such as much of Motoki or Morague's stuff) will counteract this mod. Thanks for checking this.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 3:35 AM
Now that I got the conflict straightened out, I have found there are 3 more Maxis outfits that still show. See attached pics. I have downloaded your latest update. Otherwise, everthing is working great. Thanks again
Screenshots

Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 3:39 AM
#1 is the DJ outfit, #2 a hidden workout suit, and #3 is the warrior outfit.
All three are part of the base game but are hidden by default.

Some other mod must be enabling them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 4:39 AM
FFS stuff added. This pack has almost no content so this was quickly done…
Field Researcher
#43 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 4:16 PM
Got it figured out. I found another copy of Motoki's file had made it into my downloads folder. All is well now. Nothing but custom content showing. Great job Jordi! Thanks

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 8:24 PM
This is great! Is there a way to hide expansion pack(s) clothes only? I like the hair (minus the hats), it's the clothes I hate.
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 9:48 PM
I'll split the clothes and hairstyles for the expansion packs at some later point.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 10:52 PM
oh you will? wow, you're terrific. Thanks jordi! I know it's hard work.
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th May 2006 at 3:43 AM
Thanx sooo much, I hate all the Maxis clothing, so I love this!

~An indoor kat is a safe kat~
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th May 2006 at 12:15 PM
I dont see how it can be used effectively.

EDIT: Plus from what I'm reading, everybody hates what comes with the game, if you hate everything about the game that makes it the game, then make the parts yourself and assemble a mutant game made out of many things. Then why not make your own game in the first place?

"If a little animal came up to me, I'd kick it" Strong Bad - SB Email
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imagine___
To Jersey Princess

Wouldn't it be easier to export the files for the kids' clothing using Bodyshop, and reimporting them back into the game without editing any files? That way, they're still read as custom content, and once you install this mod then (theoretically), the shirts should still appear. =)

An excellent idea, but I have no idea how to do that!! But thank you for replying (even if I'm slow to check).

I still like those outfits, but now I don't like the hair so I'm going to download the hair hack. Will it conflict with the new hat-hide hack?
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 7:05 AM
Maxis = brains, modders = looks.
Fabulous. I hate the base game's clothes and hair (but i'll keep nightlife's). But i agree with meremale, and if you take requests, jordi (or any modder reading this) PLEAASE a mod that hides all maxis saved sims

[masked delusion]
Page 2 of 5