Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide all Maxis clothing & hair (update 8 June '07)

by jordi Posted 5th Apr 2006 at 6:41 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:07 PM by jordi : H&M Hider added

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 110 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinkerbelljln
I'm having a bit of a problem. I decided I wanted the clothing back (I couldn't find nice formal wear for men) so I deleted the files, all of them. But the clothing still doesn't show up. I don't know what's wrong.

Tink, you could try deleting your groups.cache file and your accessory.cache file(found in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 directory)...sometimes a mod will leave residual effects until these files are rebuilt, which will happen automatically the next time you restart your game.

It's quite safe to delete these files, some ppl do this as a rule each time they play as a safeguard...the only downside is that, because the game must create replacement files, it may take a bit longer to load than normal the next time you play your game.

Good luck!

T

~It takes a village to raise an idiot...~
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:49 PM Last edited by tinkerbelljln : 29th Dec 2008 at 6:13 AM.
I did that. It didn't work I deleted everything in that folder but my dowloads and the CEP folder. I don't know what to do.

*EDIT* I fixed it. It ended up being a residual from a lot I downloaded, I don't know which one though.

Grateful Downloader
-Jen
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:43 PM
is there any way to remove these maxis hair cloths completally from there & not only hide?:O

*kah*
Test Subject
#104 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:09 AM
oh, thank you so much! genius - i've been searching for this!
but will this slow down the game (loading town, family, everything in general) & considering i will be downloading 6658236x custom hairstyle & clothing in replacement?
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 8:52 AM
phew! that was a lot of downloading i have all the eps! but thinking about maxis hair and clothing kept me going! lol !!! i have got rid of lots of maxis stuff now yay, no more maxis -
- cars
- hair
- clothes
- make-up

that means YAY!

accept no imitations
music is 4 life
did i forget to mention i make no sense to anyone?
xxx
Forum Resident
#106 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:37 PM
Better late than never. Thank you for this genius creation. No more ugliness in my game. Bravo to you indeed!!
Test Subject
#107 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 3:01 PM
YAY!!! Now I have replaced all the maxis skintones, lipsticks end eyeshadow, have pretty CAS face templates, and GOTTEN RID OF MAXIS HAIR ON TOWNIES!! YAYYYYYY!!!!! Can't download clothes hiders yet, coz not enough of my clothing downloads are townified. BUT NO MORE FUG, BLOCKY MAXIS HAIR!!!!
Test Subject
#108 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 6:34 AM
I still have some clothing showing up like base game clothing. Its only one or 2 outfits per category/age group. I'm not sure why? I have no other mods in my downloads right now when I check to see if everything is hidden. I also need to get a hider for kitchen and bath, but thats the only sp thats not hidden.
Test Subject
#109 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 4:20 PM Last edited by Samachan : 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:33 PM.
In my game these outfits are still shown, and all new townies automatically wear them

is there a way new townies wear the custom clothes too? they allready choose the custom hair.....

thank u so much for the upload
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 2:30 AM
I always wanted to get rid of these ugly clothes, and now I can. I LOVE YOU =D
Field Researcher
#111 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 12:56 AM
Oh!this is useful,but sadly I have one favorite hairstyle i do use - the double bun one.Shame,but I will be using this on my other game then,thank you so much!This is extremely useful,one step closer to de-Maxify the game,no offense Maxis.
Test Subject
#112 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 12:36 PM
I wanted to hide only all EPs but keep the base game content (clothes and hair) so I downloaded all files except XP0s because it is for base game (creator says) and it hides the base game also... How is that possible?
Test Subject
#113 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraHCroft
I wanted to hide only all EPs but keep the base game content (clothes and hair) so I downloaded all files except XP0s because it is for base game (creator says) and it hides the base game also... How is that possible?

This question is nearly 8 years old, but I had the same issue and found the solution: HideHairXP1.package somehow also includes the base game hair, while HideHairXP0.package only hides like one or two hairstyles
Page 5 of 5