Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Catalog Clean Up Mod- Buy Mode Rearranged -UPDATED-

by Phaenoh Posted 4th Apr 2008 at 8:01 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2013 at 6:27 PM by Phaenoh

169 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 155 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misstexas2
Great idea! I just wondered, why put fountains in plumbing misc? I would have put them outside with pool stuff. I put everything that has to do with bathrooms (towels, toilet items, etc.) into plumbing misc so that I can find them easily when designing a bathroom. Maybe you can't move those fountains to build mode, huh? I'm just thinking about where I'd like to move stuff if I knew how to do what you're doing... I would also rather move the upper cabinets right in there with the lower ones, but then I'd change the prices so they'd be with their group. I hope you do write a tutorial. I'll keep a watch out. Thanks for all the work!
What a snazzy idea! Fountains with pools and bathroom deco in misc! And yes, of course you can move stuff to Build Mode from Buy Mode (that scarecrow is hanging out there now)
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
misstexas2 and I have VERY similar ideas...
Just checking in to see if the tutorial is ready (push, push, push!)
Thanks again for your great work!
Lol, no, I haven't even started writing it, sorries. Still trying to troubleshoot my clothing mod, some people have install issues and I can't figure out why. From the high demand for that tutorial, I definitely WILL be writing it, you can hold me to it!
Test Subject
#52 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:20 PM
i dont feel crazy and ocd for wanting to move the stuff around any more... im not alone hozaaaah!!!! thanks for this, your brilliant!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:32 PM
BRILLIANT -- simply, wonderfully, needfully BRILLIANT!

You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.
Test Subject
#54 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 9:59 PM
Oh bless you! Lack of proper organization (and matching items!) has always bugged me about TS. Thank you.
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 7:33 PM Last edited by SongChil99 : 9th Apr 2008 at 7:34 PM. Reason: changed to "Thanks" post
The birdhouse from FreeTime got moved to Pets? There's a birdhouse? Well, at least I'll know what's in my game now.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 11:07 PM
This is great!! :D
-puts away broom, feather duster, and Windex-
Because of you, my Buy Mode will be much cleaner!

Thank you!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 12:18 AM
Basically, you need to extract OBJDs (Object Data) of each object you desire to edit.
The simplest way to obtain OBJD is making a clone of object in Object Workshop, but uncheck every option except "Pull only default color". Select Object Data in Resource Tree, and extract OBJD in Resource List window. If it's a multi-tile object, only extract the one without any number like (0,1) attached to the end. Make a new package, add back the OBJD you just extracted, edit the catalog sort to your heart's content. Repeat the same process to every object you wish to move.

You don't have to make a new package for every single object. If you're not planning to sharing your mod with anyone, you can add all OBJDs in one package, except for SP objects after Celebration pack.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
Basically, you need to extract OBJDs (Object Data) of each object you desire to edit. The simplest way to obtain OBJD is making a clone of object in Object Workshop, but uncheck every option except "Pull only default color". Select Object Data in Resource Tree, and extract OBJD in Resource List window. If it's a multi-tile object, only extract the one without any number like (0,1) attached to the end. Make a new package, add back the OBJD you just extracted, edit the catalog sort to your heart's content. Repeat the same process to every object you wish to move.
You are about a day late, Lord Darcy. But thanks anyways!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:50 AM
I have just added the required files to my game and tested them. All are present and correct. I am very pleased with all the changes you have made.

This is a fantastic idea. I am now going to use your Tutorial to do the same to some of my CC that have been bugging me. Thank you so much
Test Subject
#60 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 6:19 PM Last edited by moxiebombshell : 11th Apr 2008 at 6:24 PM. Reason: changed to "feedback/report"
install issues (blah blah blah)
Love the mod to pieces, but I've tried putting everything in my FreeTime "stuffpack" folder, but alas, no change to la catalogue :-(

Tried bins folder, but again, no luck...

I want this in my freakin' game so bad I'm going to drop 'em all in my Downloads folder just so I can have an orderly catalog, Star of Shame be damned!

I've read the whole thread before mentioning this (scout's honor!), but did I possibly miss another potential way to install without putting them in the DL folder?

I have every EP/SP; minus H&M, either Holiday Pack, and Celebrations (I'm low on SPs!), btw.

(of course, regardless of my install troubles, THANK YOU for creating this!!)
Test Subject
#61 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 1:11 AM
Thanks for the awsomeness I signed up just to download this!

Only thing I did notice, the Ceiling Sprinkler Thing is under Misc > Misc, it would make more sense if it was in plumbling misc?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moxiebombshell
Love the mod to pieces, but I've tried putting everything in my FreeTime "stuffpack" folder, but alas, no change to la catalogue :-( Tried bins folder, but again, no luck...I want this in my freakin' game so bad I'm going to drop 'em all in my Downloads folder just so I can have an orderly catalog, Star of Shame be damned! I've read the whole thread before mentioning this (scout's honor!), but did I possibly miss another potential way to install without putting them in the DL folder? I have every EP/SP; minus H&M, either Holiday Pack, and Celebrations (I'm low on SPs!), btw. (of course, regardless of my install troubles, THANK YOU for creating this!!)
try the renaming to zz_Phaenoh.... method, that seems to work when nothing else will.
Quote: Originally posted by kochanneo
Thanks for the awsomeness I signed up just to download this! Only thing I did notice, the Ceiling Sprinkler Thing is under Misc > Misc, it would make more sense if it was in plumbling misc?
Possibly. A lot of this could be in different places depending on personal tastes though.
Test Subject
#63 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 4:44 AM
........I love you.........*gives big hug* You're my hero!
Test Subject
#64 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:28 AM
Great! I am glad someone has better organizing skills than the Maxis team. The maxis team to stick everything in Deco. But I wish you would of moved the seaweed and rock formation from BV into the shurbs or trees.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:52 PM
...hence the Tutorial, normansims2. Go add them yourself. It's not difficult to do if you follow the tute - and you'll probably find a bunch of other things to customize to your taste too. Have fun!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#66 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 6:32 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought Maxis' logic of catalogging was 'FUBAR'. For years I would think to myself "now I KNOW there is a ________ here somewhere....(after about 10 mins. of searching)......screw it". Then on some random task searching for something completely different, VIOLA!! There is that damn _______!

THANK YOU, YOU ROCK!!!
Wiki Wizard
#67 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 8:44 PM
Nice thankyou

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 9:01 PM
<<phew>> Finally!
Sweet, it worked! ... once I renamed everything to "zz_Phaenoh..." and put in the Bins folder after removing my downloads folder

I finally have a properly organized catalog.... joy!

... wonder how all this will work once I put back Downloads and get the new Stuff Pack tomorrow morning LOL
Test Subject
#69 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 3:52 AM
Doesn't "Sim Categorizer" do this?? --Someone posted a request for a program that does this.
(Not that I don't think this is cool or recognize all the hard work put into it)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thnkr917
Doesn't "Sim Categorizer" do this?? --Someone posted a request for a program that does this.
(Not that I don't think this is cool or recognize all the hard work put into it)
Nope, that only works for CC. This is for Maxis stuff.
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 5:39 AM
Wonderful idea. My fingers get all twitchy at the thought of moving things around in the catalouges. Thanks!
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 7:54 PM
Although I had al little trouble getting this mod working I really appreciate your great work, Phaenoh!

I have all expansions and the glamour-, teenstyle- and kitchen-stuffpacks.Only the teenstyle-mod worked in the "stuffpack" folder, the rest worked only when put in the "bins" folder (even after renaming with the "zz_").
Now everything is fine with one exception: the scarecrow (seasons mod) did not show up in "buildmode...gardening", neither did it show up anymore in "decorative...sculpture".
So I deleted that part from the packege file (the rest works perfectly ).

Could you check this out?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 11:15 PM
Yeah, I just did, I couldn't find it either. There might be some more to moving between Buy and Build that I don't fully understand yet. I'll be updating this and the clothing one here soon with KB stuff and other small fixes. Stay tuned.
Scholar
#74 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:59 PM
this and your clothing mover mod wont work for me

i got K&B stuff so i moved all the files from free time to K&B S stuff pack folder and renamed them "zz_phea------" and yet they STILL wont work :S

and i dont have any other catalog mover mods..i might have one or 2 of your older clothing mover mods..i still have the athelic "skirts" in athletic weare..hm..
Theorist
#75 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 8:51 AM
Whoa! I had no idea this was even possible! You've managed to move almost everything exactly as I re-cat custom objects!!

The only things I see not on your list that I usually do is put things that go specifically in bathrooms (like deco towels) in Plumbing>Misc. and anything that similarly goes into a kitchen under Appliances>Misc. because it makes it so much easier to find!

Thank you very much for these! I don't normally download much that doesn't go into the Downloads folder but this will be worth the installation!
Page 3 of 7